GTA 3 Constant Crashing

GTA 3 keeps constantly crashing on my PS5. It has crashed multiple times while delivering 100 people via taxi, and it has crashed three times now while attempting to complete 12 levels of paramedic missions.

Am I the only one having this problem?

It is becoming extremely frustrating.

I’m on PS4 and I have had probably close to 10 crashes. I was gonna do the taxi missions in one sweep but decided to do 4 lots of 25 saving after every 25. It crashed on my last lot of 25 when I had 4 left which means if I did all 100 in one go then it would’ve crashed at 96. I’ve been playing offline now and it seems to crash less frequently 

• Like 1

Same. Only crashing on side missions. Literally get to lvl 8 - 11 of Paramedic, and it just dies. Happened to me 5 times tonight. I'll refrain from curse words, but I'm passed ticked off. Paramedic missions are very long. This should've been resolved in play testing the motherfrickin' game.

Almost beat it too, but they pedestrians have to get out of the ambulance completely at the hospital marker for it to count as complete, and I got there with 4 seconds remaining instead of 5 seconds.

Col. Face-Palm

• Like 1

I extinguished 15 fires for the trophy and then carried on out of interest. At 20 I unlocked a Social Club trophy/award and then decided i'll do 50 to see what happens. I was earning over $10k per fire at 40 and at 47 the game crashed!

I lost all progress and my stats say I have only extinguished 6 fires! ??

Im on PS5. Had 3 crashes yesterday, once while doing Paramedic, crashed again after completing Paramedic while I was on the way to the safe house (thankfully autosave saved me from doing it a third time) and then again during Firefighter, all during portland.

Think they did something with the rockstar launcher but unsure if the social club would have been affected by that. All my crashes happened before it went offline, after that, I had no problems. Could just be coincidence though. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a lot of crashes. Ever since I switched it from fidelity mode to performance mode, turned motion blur and bloom off and disconnected from the internet before launching the game, it seems to be crashing a lot less (still a few here and there). 

I don’t know if any of that helps or it’s just a coincidence but it’s worth a try 

Edited by Shaun1094

On PS5, I have only crashed during Paramedic missions. Otherwise, the game is running really well.

Edit: Now that I am almost at 100%, the amount of crashing has increased a lot after Portland.  You definitely need to save often when collectable hunting since they don't trigger an autosave. Or you could try using a Taxi to get around and activate and deactivate the mission to trigger a save on the go.

Edit 2: I have now achieved the plat and I probably crashed about 20-30 times overall. My very last moment was getting 100% and getting in a car to go to the safehouse, and it crashed. I thought it was a fair way to end it. If they fix the crashing, this is definitely the best version of 3 to play imo.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

Yep. Still crashing. And Paramedic Level 12 has one of the best unlocks in the game which is infinite sprint. Screw off. Seeing a BUNCH of things that they messed up in the San Andreas remaster as well. The loss of music tracks is understandable, but GTA 3 has 3 MAJOR things that are breaking the game for me instead of making it. Sure Vice City is better, but having one game up to standards, and not the other 2 doesn't warrant $60 for me. Gonna request for a refund for the first time in my life, and repurchase the game when it's cheaper. Voting with my wallet on this one.

No reason that they couldn't make the remasters exactly like their PS2 counterparts (asides from the music of course). So ticked off. Trusted Rockstar the most. Now my gamer trust is totally broken. Especially after Volition stabbed me in the back with the Saints Row Reboot recently. 

Not that I'm adding much to the Convo but -- Wow, don't remember having any crashes back when I used to play this on PS2 after my Blockbuster shifts in the late 90s?

Glad I already own the pre-Remaster Trilogy. Might need to hold off on this purchase until I read less buggy reviews.

[EDIT: You'd think Rockstar would be past this stuff considering how big of a company they are -- but I've been burnt by them before with my PSP. They released a PSP game and it had really bad framerate issues that made it unplayable. Come on guys, do they even play test this stuff or are we the play testers?]

Edited by tranquility101

22 hours ago, Gonzo7166 said:

I might try playing offline then. I was wondering if it could be due to attempting to connect to the Rockstar social club.

Currently switching between fidelity and performance to see if either crashes less often.

21 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

4-5 hours on the PS5 version and no crashes. Running on performance mode with motion blur turned off.

9 hours ago, Arron147 said:

IThink they did something with the rockstar launcher but unsure if the social club would have been affected by that. All my crashes happened before it went offline, after that, I had no problems. Could just be coincidence though. 

4 hours ago, Shaun1094 said:

I’ve had a lot of crashes. Ever since I switched it from fidelity mode to performance mode, turned motion blur and bloom off and disconnected from the internet before launching the game, it seems to be crashing a lot less (still a few here and there). 

Hi all, just wanted to summarize what is currently expected to cause least crashes, frustration, or dualsenses thrown out the window

So staying offline disconnected from the internet, running performance mode instead of fidelity, and motion blur and bloom off?

Wow....nvm, nvm, nvm. PS Support / Customer Service to get a refund is so backed up, and slow atm that it made me rage quit.....guess I'm just gonna have to enjoy Rockstar's studded sex toy going down my guzzle to throat @%$# me until patches get released. Honestly hate being stuck on hold during a phone call.....that much. Fml twice.

23 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

Hi all, just wanted to summarize what is currently expected to cause least crashes, frustration, or dualsenses thrown out the window

So staying offline disconnected from the internet, running performance mode instead of fidelity, and motion blur and bloom off?

It’s just speculation and it’s all unconfirmed to reduce crashing possibilities but it seems better for me at least 

.......wow. Last thing I'm gonna say about this "Remaster". A cousin of mine just pointed out that Grove Street Games (the developer of this project) is literally the same team that did the mobile ports of the GTA games, the TERRIBLE PS3 port of San Andreas, and the decent mobile ports of Max Payne, and Bully. This....explains...everything. This is not a remaster of the PS2 games. This is a frickin' remaster of the AWFUL mobile ports of the GTA games. It explains the missing cinematic camera from GTA 3, and the missing co-op mode from San Andreas. Explains everything. I PAID 60 DOLLARS FOR AN HD PORT OF THE MOBILE GAMES!!! WHY DON'T I THINK? WHY DO I PRE-ORDER GAMES?!?!?! Lesson learned. Over it.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:14 PM, BomberDude said:

I can't get past Paramedic level 10 or 11 without a crash on PS5. Does switching to fidelity mode help?

FYI, this worked for me. Switching to fidelity and turning every display setting off, I managed to finish the Paramedic missions without a crash.

2 hours ago, BomberDude said:

FYI, this worked for me. Switching to fidelity and turning every display setting off, I managed to finish the Paramedic missions without a crash.

I've recently gotten and started the game but even with those setting by now I am resorting to sleeping/saving after every rampage or a couple of collectibles.

The game is prone to crashing and overall I think this is an unacceptable state they released it. In my experience a crash will occur in 60 minutes of gameplay with no fault, you just hope you squeeze the Paramedic or whatever you're doing in-between the crashes.

• Like 1

So I just got the platinum for the game, and I experienced crashes MUCH more frequently after unlocking Staunton Island. If they hadn't added an autosave feature, this game would be completely unplayable. Save constantly!

Also, after you manage to net the 15 fires/criminals in one run, you can then do the 20 fires/criminals on each island one at a time. Just put out a few fires/kill criminals and end the mission. Every time you do, the game autosaves. Sure, it keeps your rewards per objective low, but it'll save you trips to safehouses. I also did this specifically for Shoreside Vale Fighterfighting since it was always nearly impossible to make it to Cedar Grove in 40 seconds. Lol

I'm tempted to move over to finishing House of Ashes platinum before jumping into Vice City. This is heartbreaking.

I just platinumed this damn game. Man the crashes, got around 30-40 on the PS5 all wrong timings. Settings changed to perfomance, bloom and motion blur off, nothing helped. Would recommend waiting it out until they patch it, will save you some hair pulling.

Edited by CeriasZ
  • Like 1