New DLC Fatesworn coming soon

• 3 weeks later...

I never would have expected this series to even get new content considering the drama the original game went through(that was more the fault of rhode island rather then anyone actually developing the game). Maybe we might get a sequel since thq literally pulled a miracle to save this franchise and find a competant team for this dlc.

• Like 1

that was more the fault of rhode island rather then anyone actually developing the game

The fault was on the CEO for not buying their bills and defaulting on a loan.
At that point no other game company wanted to buy the IP so the State of Rhode Island owned it

The State doesn't make games. So you shouldn't blame them for not making an update for a game when they have no reason to do so

They can't just give away a remastered game for a limited time and be done with it. It can't be just a gift. There is always a catch, there is always a greedy fuck seeing everything as an investment and a way to squeeze money. They did the same thing with that shitty game Greedfall. 

Could've just been a nostalgia trip, a thank you note to people who bought the game back in 2012 when it actually mattered and any casual player curious about it that don't have a seven gen console. Like I said, could've been just been a gift for the poor bastards who spend money for this mostly awful premium service, leave it at the store for $20, it still could've made some money over time...

They could've just move on to a sequel or spiritual successor... But no, they had to make a DLC for this 2012 game so you look at your incomplete game and feel the need to spend $20 for a way to complete it. Hey, why not more? They should start selling newly designed weapons/armor on the store, why not open an online mode, like a semi-mmorpg? That way you can sell more shit, maybe a mobile version in the horizon?... lol, Is there anyone from the original team even working on this ffs? I'm not pretending intrigue or excitement, I loathe these parasites. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, EstebanFox said:

They can't just give away a remastered game for a limited time and be done with it. It can't be just a gift. There is always a catch, there is always a greedy fuck seeing everything as an investment and a way to squeeze money. They did the same thing with that shitty game Greedfall. 

You knew about this DLC as soon as the remaster was confirmed. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:52 AM, EstebanFox said:

Could've just been a nostalgia trip, a thank you note to people who bought the game back in 2012 when it actually mattered and any casual player curious about it that don't have a seven gen console. Like I said, could've been just been a gift for the poor bastards who spend money for this mostly awful premium service, leave it at the store for $20, it still could've made some money over time...

They could've just move on to a sequel or spiritual successor... But no, they had to make a DLC for this 2012 game so you look at your incomplete game and feel the need to spend $20 for a way to complete it. Hey, why not more? They should start selling newly designed weapons/armor on the store, why not open an online mode, like a semi-mmorpg? That way you can sell more shit, maybe a mobile version in the horizon?... lol, Is there anyone from the original team even working on this ffs? I'm not pretending intrigue or excitement, I loathe these parasites. 

I assure you you're in the minority for thinking this. Majority of players don't even acknowledge trophies, so most will just play the game for the exact reasons you just said.

And of course they're going to look for a way to make money, they bought the game IP and remastered it. They're a business. 

• Like 3

On 12/4/2021 at 3:03 AM, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

I assure you you're in the minority for thinking this. Majority of players don't even acknowledge trophies, so most will just play the game for the exact reasons you just said.

And of course they're going to look for a way to make money, they bought the game IP and remastered it. They're a business. 

Yeah, completely agree. They aren't parasites, they added content that you may purchase if you like. Perhaps it was partially developed and they finished it up. Perhaps they wanted to create more content for an IP they own. Possibly to see if there is continued interest in this type of game. Rather than starting from a new foundation, lets see if people even care about this world anymore to purchase DLC. It is simple capitalism and being risk adverse. And who cares if people from the original game are working on this current DLC? Studios change constantly. I promise you, the people who worked on the initial game are not the only ones out there with the capacity. Just a lot of silly things to be upset about when ultimately a handful of people likely got decently paid creating content for a game. And yes, there is someone(s) out there that invested in the project who may or may not make money on their investment. Like it or not, this is the way the world has worked for a while now.