PS5 Upgrade of the SE completely broken

Platisfaction

Hey everyone,

so I installed the SE last night and downloaded the PS5 upgrade. However, upon starting the game I encountered a game-breaking glitch right at the beginning of the game. Way to celebrate Skyrim's birthday, Bethesda. :|

Here's what happened (and what keeps happening, didn't find a fix so far...): The cart ride is completely silent, no meme-worthy "You are finally awake". Everyone is just blank-staring while the cart is rumbling to its destination. Upon its arrival, nobody gets off the carts. Everyone is just doomed to wait there until hell (or the game) freezes.

Trying a workaround, I installed the PS4 version which turned out to be working just fine. I played a little, then I imported my saves into the ps5 version. However, no luck: When using the first autosave (character still named "Prisoner") I end up with the same untalkative and unmoving crowd, when using a later save, I usually can play for some minutes before I run into a dead-end again because the NPCs start ignoring me again.

Did anyone else encounter the same problem? Even more important: Did anyone find a fix?

• Like 1

Sorry this happened to you. I experienced one crash during a fight that broke out while I was using a forge, but otherwise the game ran smoothly during my 2-3 hours of fooling around last evening.

I didn't install the SE then upgrade to PS5, though, but directly installed (in less than 3 minutes, yay!) the free PS5 version, since the store detected I already owned the previous version. When you're talking about PS5 upgrade, you mean upgrade to SE, or upgrade to AE?

Edited by KennethMcCormick
sp
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

When you're talking about PS5 upgrade, you mean upgrade to SE, or upgrade to AE?

I had the PS4 SE on my shelf but never got around to playing it. So last night I popped it into my ps4 and downloaded the ps5 upgrade (the 35 gb one). I only installed the ps4 version afterwards to try the workaround I outlined above

Edit: I think I won't spend €20 for the AE. :P

Edited by Platisfaction
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:41 AM, Thephoenixshow said:

I started having issues after 20 hrs in when the game won't load up at all it's just completely black screened 

Ive read in other places its happening because of the creation club items not loading as quick as the SSD can, I had it happen to me too and apparently happens if the game crashes.
Basically means youve got corrupted auto/quick saves and the only fix I and anyone else have found that ive seen is to reload your last manual save. I lost about 15 levels and 5 hours of straight gameplay due to this bug and have been manual saving and uploading my saves every time I get a little weary 

Also: quests ive had break on me every time so far include "The mind of madness" and "The break of dawn" which are both daedric quests and if I can't get the plat because of this I will be FUMING 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nerd_Herd_A_S said:

Ive read in other places its happening because of the creation club items not loading as quick as the SSD can, I had it happen to me too and apparently happens if the game crashes.
Basically means youve got corrupted auto/quick saves and the only fix I and anyone else have found that ive seen is to reload your last manual save. I lost about 15 levels and 5 hours of straight gameplay due to this bug and have been manual saving and uploading my saves every time I get a little weary 

Also: quests ive had break on me every time so far include "The mind of madness" and "The break of dawn" which are both daedric quests and if I can't get the plat because of this I will be FUMING 

My game has also now black screened after a considerable amount of hours, and I have not made any manual saves, only quick saves & auto saves ?

Anyone know where the nearest cliff is?

Just started happening here as well. I had loaded up my new game character and made a manual save, then exited to the main menu and loaded a save I had imported from my PS4. After doing something on the imported character I tried to switch back to the manual save I had made on the new game character and now it just goes to a black screen after I load the save. Very annoying.

The imported character saves load, but not the new character saves which is quite annoying. Hopefully Bethesda gets a fix out because right now none of the saves I have for my new character work and I’m not at all interested in starting over from scratch, again…?

TLDR, character imported from PS4 loads fine, new character created on PS5 goes to black screen despite working a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-14 at 3:41 AM, Thephoenixshow said:

I started having issues after 20 hrs in when the game won't load up at all it's just completely black screened 

Apparently Bethesda is aware of this and are investigating it / working on a fix. I submitted a ticket and got that as a response. They’re also replying to people on their Twitter account @BethesdaSupport saying that they’re aware and asking people to submit tickets at http://help.bethesda.net. No eta on a fix.

7 hours ago, necro1983 said:

I really should use more than 1 manual save. Hopefully they patch this black screen issue, I was enjoying my return to Skyrim but starting over with the possibility of it happening again isn't fun.

Having more than one save doesn't help because if the crash + black screen happens you can't load any saves for that character anymore.

4 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

Having more than one save doesn't help because if the crash + black screen happens you can't load any saves for that character anymore.

Nah, I have had it happen to me twice now and sometimes I can't load multiple saves but I have been able to go back a couple manual saves on my character each time and they've worked, the first time it happened I only lost 4 hours of gameplay so I just went back and continued playing on an earlier save but the second time I lost so much more time that I am just giving up until a patch comes out 

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 5:46 AM, Platisfaction said:

I had the PS4 SE on my shelf but never got around to playing it. So last night I popped it into my ps4 and downloaded the ps5 upgrade (the 35 gb one). I only installed the ps4 version afterwards to try the workaround I outlined above

Edit: I think I won't spend €20 for the AE. :P

I have read that a lot that the Anniversary edition is not well done and the SE is a better version. I think it was an optimization issue but I am not sure.I still have not played much of my PS4 copy.

• 5 months later...

We have half of 2022 and still same issues. Beggining of game is bugged, no sound in cart dialoque, no progress after reaching the castle. Game is frozen! No updates, no patches! Waste of time! I completed Skyrim twice, on PS3 and PS4. And now can't play on PS5 because Bugthesda can't release game in good condition.

If some still believe that Starfield will be a great game - he is a fool. If studio can't manage with old games, new ones will be distaster like F76 :(

Edited by SebaSan1981
  • Like 1