How far can I get in the story before the difficulty of side missions go up?

So I am really struggling with the Paramedic missions on the first island and I am kind of burnt for now after attempting them for hours (saved 274 people as a refence to time spent if that is any indication), and I am wanting to do other things. So I have 3 questions;

How far can I get in the story before gangs become hostile towards me?

What other activities can/should I get done whilst on the first island that isn't Paramedic missions? (before everyone is hostile)

What determines the weapons opposing gang members have during Rampage missions?

Edited by Ragneryn

In terms of difficulty then I would say it’s the hardest just because of one flip over and you have to start again. For me I’d say the most difficult thing so far was the flamethrower rampage on the third island, where you constantly get shot by Colombians and the flamethrower is awful but it doesn’t take long to do whereas the paramedic missions are a grind

On 11/12/2021 at 0:39 PM, Ragneryn said:

Thanks for the responses, is the Paramedic trophy the hardest trophy out of the GTA 3 remake? (barring 100% completion because I imagine you need to beat the 12th Para mission) If so, it might make it more bearable to grind out lmao

Past a couple pain in the ass missions and one or two of the off-road missions (and even those aren’t that bad), I’d say Paramedic is the worst, simply because it’s best to get it out of the way ASAP, so you don’t get much time to warm up, and it takes so long, so one simple mistake (or worse, the game crashing) is all it takes to fail and wipe a lot of progress. 

4 hours ago, LazHimself said:

I know you have to beat level 12 paramedic in one go for 100%, but do you have to do that on EACH island? I'm a bit confused. Really wanna save that for last, but also wanna do all side things in Portland before I continue the story.

Just need to do it once on any island. It’s only the vigilante and firefighter missions that act differently in this game, in that you need to do them on each island. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LazHimself said:

Ok thanks. REALLY suck at them, so I'll do them last lol.

Bro I would highly advise you to paramedic, vigilante, firefighter and rampages as soon as possible. If you continue with the story the gangs will get aggresive and will shoot you on sight. After completing the mission called 'Sayonara Leone', the mafia will have shotguns and those will literally 2 shot your vehicle. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CeriasZ said:

Bro I would highly advise you to paramedic, vigilante, firefighter and rampages as soon as possible. If you continue with the story the gangs will get aggresive and will shoot you on sight. After completing the mission called 'Sayonara Leone', the mafia will have shotguns and those will literally 2 shot your vehicle. 

Yeah I'm gonna do all required for Portland before I finish, just not the level 12 one. I'll do that on the second island.

2 hours ago, GoryGreg said:

You need to save 78 in a row. Even with no aggressive gangs, there 's a lot of luck involved (traffic,cops etc) Got to level 9 until the AI decided to block my way...

I had no trouble on the PS4/2 version, but I can't do it for my life on this release. Dunno why.

• 2 weeks later...