I'll just repost what I said in another thread:

The only Chubbies/Tubbies in Assault on Dragon Keep, are the Chubby/Tubby Bones, which have a chance to spawn instead of a Skeleton. The only places I know off that can spawn them, are Flamerock Refuge, The Unassuming Docks of Potentially Little Importance, the Lair of Infinite Agony and Dragon Keep but their spawn rates are abysmally low, even in the OG version. I've only seen approx 4 or 5 of them in nearly 2,000hrs of playtime across all 6 characters in the non-standalone versions so expect to be farming for one for a very long time :(. The beginning of this video has a farming method but it's painfully boring: 

You can increase your chances of finding one by playing in 4-player co-op in TVHM (or UVHM if it's included in this Standalone version) but even then, the spawn chances are extremely low.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'll just repost what I said in another thread:

The only Chubbies/Tubbies in Assault on Dragon Keep, are the Chubby/Tubby Bones, which have a chance to spawn instead of a Skeleton. The only places I know off that can spawn them, are Flamerock Refuge, The Unassuming Docks of Potentially Little Importance, the Lair of Infinite Agony and Dragon Keep but their spawn rates are abysmally low, even in the OG version. I've only seen approx 4 or 5 of them in nearly 2,000hrs of playtime across all 6 characters in the non-standalone versions so expect to be farming for them for one for a very long time :(. The beginning of this video has a farming method but it's painfully boring:

You can increase your chances of finding one by playing in 4-player co-op in TVHM (or UVHM if it's included in this Standalone version) but even then, the spawn chances are extremely low.

Thanks!

Weird, I’ve already encountered 3. I found 2 on my first day. I just spent a couple hours grinding Unassuming Docks and found two. I found the other yesterday on @Ac3dUd3-’s game and just let him have it. This was also at Unassuming Docks.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

I have trying to get a chubby enemy to spawn with no luck.

Chubby enemies are kinda hard to find in the base game, (skags, spiderants, varkids ect ect)

Skells are one of the hardest imo behind chubby midgets.

I've put a lot of hours on Borderlands 2, xbox 360, xbox one and PS4 and I've only seen only a handful of chubby enemies. (Skags, rakks, varkids, spiderants ect ect)

So I know how rare these are.

4 hours ago, ChaoticAssaulter said:

I don’t believe this enemy exists. 

Beat the game and hit 35 with all characters, still haven’t seen one. 
Spent 6+ hours farming unassuming docks today still haven’t seen one. 
This is purely absurd Hahahah 

They do exist they are just very hard to find, just comes down to rng. chubby enemies are hard to find in base game let alone in this game/dlc.since there is only one variant of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darghel said:

Is there any place recommended for this? I've been doing the search for a day now and I had no luck. I'm doing docks for my class specific trophies but I'll be missing this soon for my platinum. 

The Unassuming Docks have the highest Chubby Bones spawn rates in the game so focus your efforts there but do note it can potentially take many real time hours or even days for one to appear so settle in for the long haul.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Unassuming Docks have the highest Chubby Bones spawn rates in the game so focus your efforts there but do note it can potentially take many real time hours or even days for one to appear so settle in for the long haul.

fast travel won't respawn them for me. Do i have to close the game and reload it?

9 minutes ago, papanikolaou said:

fast travel won't respawn them for me. Do i have to close the game and reload it?

Nothing respawns in the Borderlands games until you save, quit to the main menu then hit continue but there's no need to close the game app itself.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I have been farming the stove where you sacrifice items for a chance of a good weapon. I have had no luck with it. I saw a video years ago that it was the best spot but I think it was click bait. The stove is located on the last map one level before you get to the portal that takes you to Jack. Turn it on, wait for the flame and then toss an item on it and hope you get the “fight these chumps” to message. It is a random spawn of three type of skeletons but after grinding for hours with loot I pick up in Flame Rock skeleton farm and then that map, no luck. If you are below level 35, it is a decent spot to level up as well since it spans bad asses sometimes instead of the chumps to fight.

update on this: don’t try it. HuntingForever is correct - no spawns. It wasn’t so bad grinding pre-level 33 as at least the Super Bad Asses were worth a lot of XP. I am moving on to Unassuming Docks. (This post assumes that Gearbox does not fix the scaling issue anytime soon - at level 33 you get hardly any XP on this map).

Edited by TranceManic
Update

37 minutes ago, TranceManic said:

I have been farming the stove where you sacrifice items for a chance of a good weapon. I have had no luck with it. I saw a video years ago that it was the best spot but I think it was click bait. The stove is located on the last map one level before you get to the portal that takes you to Jack. Turn it on, wait for the flame and then toss an item on it and hope you get the “fight these chumps” to message. It is a random spawn of three type of skeletons but after grinding for hours with loot I pick up in Flame Rock skeleton farm and then that map, no luck. If you are below level 35, it is a decent spot to level up as well since it spans bad asses sometimes instead of the chumps to fight.

I've never had a single Chubby or Tubby spawn from the Sacrifice Table in the many dozens of hours I've spent farming it over the years.

9 hours ago, SimmondsR said:

Scouring topics for this and it seems to be a really rare spawn. But it says that 5.1% people have obtained Cute Loot whereas only 4.1% has reached level 25.

Just wondering if someone found a concrete method for spawning one.

Chubbies and Tubbies have always been extremely rare spawns but whereas the original game of BL2 had tons of ways to speed things up, this standalone release of Dragon Keep has none so your only option is to focus on either the Unassuming Docks or pick a spot in the Lair of Infinite Agony :(. All I can say about the attainment rate is that some people are getting very lucky :(.

I just managed to get mine a moment ago. The skeletons fighting the golems seems the best option, alongside a round up of the entire place.

It's important, for what i noticed, to check spawn points of skeletons, so doors, the ground and anything where the skeletons spawn into the place are probably your focus.  

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 3

On my 7th hour of grinding out the Unassuming Docks... this sucks man plain and simple. It really shouldn't be this rare and take this long..

I can now say for sure that because of this I won't be buying the new game anytime soon haha this could have been a short little piece to play to get me excited for Borderlands again but instead, it's left a huge sour taste in my mouth and I've had my fill of Borderlands for probably the next year...so nice job Gearbox/2K! (Whoever was responsible for this atrocity)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I've just completed a perfect file and have yet to see one. It is bewildering the trophy is so common :S

What will really grind your gears is looking at the timestamps of some of its first achievers -- a bunch of people got this trophy within less than 10 minutes of starting up the game (almost immediately after killing Mister Boney Pants Man for the first time).

• Like 1