• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

A four player game on TVHM, chubby spawned on 2nd load into the docks(10 minutes tops). My advice is DO NOT go for this solo...spawned in the little dirt pit behind Boney(right of spawn coming from Refuge).

You were just very lucky, because I tried with 3 players in TVHM for nearly an hour and got absolutely nowhere so gave up and went back to single player.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:53 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Could be luck, but four player game on TVHM will increase chances no matter what....IMO

I still say it’s best to try solo. You avoid the need to fight each other for who gets the kill. Plus, you can keep saving and quitting in the same area every 2-3 minutes until you find one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I still say it’s best to try solo. You avoid the need to fight each other for who gets the kill. Plus, you can keep saving and quitting in the same area every 2-3 minutes until you find one.

Well technically I did do it solo lol...2 units and 4 controllers, but I hear what you're saying. People in this thread are talking about looking for 20 hours, and that is just crazy since it took me ten minutes. I played the game solo on normal and TVHM...two full runs with no chubby spawn. Almost immediately after setting up the controllers I got the spawn, so that's why I recommend a 4 player game. A boosting partner, each with two controllers, works as well...but solo farming it sounds like a waste of time.

I recommend using Gaige for this one, probably 9th or tenth time passing through unassuming docks - the deathtrap killed the chubby without even trying - it went and found it without me knowing and the trophy popped and surprised me 

Edited by tibbettsma

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the most effecient route? is it just spawning in Unassuming docks look left to the skeletons with golems check the 3 skeletons that spawn save and quit? or is there a route between places? and should we kill them and check the new that respawn or just keep running and then save and quit? and does easy mode change anything? this is for sure some random ass achievement and I don't feel like wasting 20h of my life on this when there isn't even UVHM. I have all borderlands platinumed but this one is pure annoyance.

Edited by S1nhwaui

39 minutes ago, S1nhwaui said:

Does anyone know the most effecient route? is it just spawning in Unassuming docks look left to the skeletons with golems check the 3 skeletons that spawn save and quit?

Correct. Save and quit at the Flamerock Refuge entrance in the Unassuming Docks, load your save, look to the left to see if a Chubby has spawned on the beach, reload if it's not there - rinse and repeat ad nauseam until one shows up.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Deezle34 said:

I grinded for about 6 hours on normal with a second controller. No chubby. Switched to TVH mode and 2nd game in it spawned. I would recommend saving the grind for the end in TVH mode. 

Agreed but for those who've yet to kill one don't make the same mistake I made, just be sure to kill ALL enemies before targeting the Chubby/Tubby. I started a 4 player split screen on TVH and eventually spawned a Tubby, I then got its health right down and a skeleton archer took the glory! Livid is not the word. I've been playing for 20 to 40 mins per day with this set up and it took 4 days to spawn, now I've got to do it all again!!

• Like 1

Towards the end of my first playthrough (between entering Dragon Keep and getting to the boss fight against the Handsome Sorcerer, killing all enemies along the way) the Cute Loot trophy unlocked at complete random. I didn't really know which type of chubby/tubby enemy I had just killed because so much action was going on for me on-screen at the time, all I have is this screenshot taken upon unlocking the trophy (as shown below) but unfortunately no video with it.

I don't know what the chances are of chubby/tubby enemies spawning anywhere but the Unassuming Docks, but damn was I lucky I got it when (and where) I did. Sure has saved me possibly many mindless hours of stupid skeleton RNG grinding.

9YHjzEE.png

Quick Info:

• Character Class: Gunzerker
  • Solo Or Co-op: Solo
  • Playthrough: Normal (1st playthrough)
  • Platform: PS5 (via backwards compatibility)
Edited by Dry

4 hours ago, PMV said:

Towards the end of my first playthrough (between entering Dragon Keep and getting to the boss fight against the Handsome Sorcerer, killing all enemies along the way) the Cute Loot trophy unlocked at complete random. I didn't really know which type of chubby/tubby enemy I had just killed becuase so much action was going on for me on-screen at the time, all I have is this screenshot taken upon unlocking the trophy (as shown below) but unfortunately no video with it.

I don't know what the chances are of chubby/tubby enemies spawning anywhere but the Unassuming Docks, but damn was I lucky I got it when (and where) I did. Sure has saved me possibly many mindless hours of stupid skeleton RNG grinding.

9YHjzEE.png?1

Character Class: Gunzerker

Solo or Co-op: Solo

Playthrough: Normal (1st Playthrough)

Platform: PS5 (via Backwards Compatibility)

There is only 1 type of Chubby/Tubby in this standalone release and that's the Chubby/Tubby Bones :).

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There is only 1 type of Chubby/Tubby in this standalone release and that's the Chubby/Tubby Bones :).

Oh ok, must’ve missed this bit of information from earlier.

Either way (again), I’m incredibly lucky both the fact I’ve not had to spend hours getting a chubby/tubby to spawn and while everyone here now with the trophy appears to have found one at the one favourable location (Unassuming Docks), except me.

• Like 1

Any hype i had to buy the new game is pretty much gone after my experience grinding here. Dont get me wrong - ive grinded JRPG's that are notorious for this crap but grinding without seeing progress or the end in sight gets to me. 

Instead of buying the new game on day 1, I'm gonna wait till it goes to 9.99 at Gamestop and have a buy 5 get 50% off everything promo.

Edit: got the damn sumbitch in Unassuming Docks in VH mode after four more hours. 

Edited by rmsison1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I pumped these values into a chance calculator.

To get with n% chance, when the probability of hitting is p%, the required trails are x.

According to the wiki, the chance for this particular chubby to spawn is 0.58%. To have a 99% chance of bagging your Chubby, you'll likely get your trophy within 792 trials. For me, that was about right. I probably have killed about 800 skeletons. Your luck will vary, but strap in for a long haul. You may find yours as soon as you land in the game. Basically all I've been doing since I started this game a few days ago is running the Unassuming Docks loop, working on challenges while hoping for a chubby. I have Easy disabled if that means anything at all. NVHM. 1 controller. Finally had a chubby appear in my game. For what it's worth, I did have a second controller active for several hours, but I did not get a chubby to spawn during that time. If additional controllers improve the odds of a chubby to spawn, it's probably not large enough to deal with the restrictive couch co-op screens. My recommendation would be 1 controller on the Docks loop and just be patient. Listen to a podcast or whatever to pass the time and work on challenges. ?

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 3

I'm currently grinding abilities and I just ran into a Chubby (Lvl 3). I got the trophy two days ago on my 1st playthrough while at the Hall of the Dead.

If anyone wants it, send me a friend request right now and you can join. I'll pause my game for an hour.

Edit:

The Chubby has been redeemed by TommyFred. If I see another on my Vault Hunter playthrough, I'll post here again.

Edit:

Got platinum, didn't see anymore.

Tiny-Tina-s-Assault-on-Dragon-Keep-A-Won

Edited by FallenRyan

• 2 weeks later...

Took me about an hour of farming to kill it. I was on tvhm in the unassuming docks I just started from the entrance to flamerock went right killed the group down the steps then went back to entrance and headed to beach cleared enemies there  2minute run each time :) 

This one was awful for me. I finally got it after about 12 hours at the docks trying to get him to spawn after completing all the other trophies.

When I got him he appeared in the water just before the gated area.

(normal mode - lvl 35 - town-docks exit/entrance - save & quit, reload).

rob25P.png

Edited by rob25P
more info
  • Like 1