Just came here to share my misery. This is indeed the worst trophy to bring over from the main game. Even grinding to level 35 wasn't TOO bad (3 total runs in Circle Of Magic: Badass). But this is just stupid. Been grinding at this for at least 5 hours now with no sign of one.

• Like 1

UPDATE: I changed up my farming path a little. Instead of 2, I now go down there to fight the skeletons and go all the way to the ruins. Then I come back and do 5, 4, 6, 7, 8. I have farmed for a total of over 10 hours and haven't seen anything yet.

UPDATE 2: I got my chubby! I found him down around the updated #2, close to where the ruins are. Took me about 12 total hours all said of just farming this.

So I just want to share my farming route. Curious if anyone has suggestions for how to possibly farm faster, since I'm getting so sick of this.

1. Spawn in Unassuming Docks at entrance to Flamerock Refuge
  2. Look to the left to check the skeletons fighting the Golem (3)
  3. Run up ramp in front of me (3)
  4. Run down path to the right (5)
  5. Head towards Mister Boney Pants Guy (8)
  6. Head back northeast towards the Bane area and kill the skeletons fighting the Golems (8)
  7. Reach the Bane area and kill those skeletons fighting the next Golems (8)
  8. Save and quit > Continue > Repeat

I'd love any recommendations...been at this for almost 9 hours of solid farming now.

Edited by Jyrakos
Additional info

3 hours ago, Jyrakos said:

So I just want to share my farming route. Curious if anyone has suggestions for how to possibly farm faster, since I'm getting so sick of this.

6. Head back northeast towards the Bane area and kill the skeletons fighting the Golems (8)

I'd love any recommendations...been at this for almost 9 hours of solid farming now.

That is the recommended method for farming Chubbies/Tubbies so all you can do is keep playing until one eventually decides to grace you with his presence :(. It took me approx 30 f'ing hours to get a Chubby Bones to show up but others have had multiple appear very close together - it's pure luck and RNG :(.

19 hours ago, Jyrakos said:

I find two chubby bones,one in seer's sanctum in lair infinite of agony and the other in 4 point of your list at the end of you find mister boney pants guy

On 12/24/2021 at 11:11 AM, tibbettsma said:

I recommend using Gaige for this one, probably 9th or tenth time passing through unassuming docks - the deathtrap killed the chubby without even trying - it went and found it without me knowing and the trophy popped and surprised me 

I’ve used gaige and I’ve been through it all day like everyone else is saying it’s just some luck based crap.I don’t think there’s really a good strategy for it I mean it is what it is eventually it will appear but I’m not stressing I’ll do my 5-10 runs and do it another day when I have time lol 

I finally got him as well on the docks at level 13 I think. I basically just worked on my shield/grenade challenges and did both sides, fill kill since once you kill some you get additional spawns. It also looks like mobs scale to your level compared to the other zones so you get a decent amount of xp this way if you're not max level already.

Spent about 2 hours farming The Docks from the Flamerock Entrance only looking to the left and the right. He ended up spawning on the right where the 5 or 6 skeletons spawn.

Most of this time was spent on TVHM but it seems that quite a lot of people found the Chubby on Normal mode. Eventually switched to Normal Mode and a few runs later he spawned.

2 hours felt like a long time so I do feel for those that have been at it for 10+ hours.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, MickeyMixLipa said:

23 hours I've been running laps of the docks and still no spawn. Rediculous trophy, this was one of the best DLCs ever from BL2. Yet the standalone has been ruined by trophies :/

It's unbelievable how awful this trophy list is for such a short DLC. They didn't balance it properly at all. 

I've been having no luck getting this thing to spawn...

Edit - Finally got it to spawn in the Docks. Took forever. Couldn't delete this game off my console any faster; I hope all of you have better luck than I. 

Edited by knicksrulez220
Obtained Trophy

I got it after 16hours farming,  10hrs on dock,2 hours on dragon keep,  2hours on agony and 2hours back again to dock and got it spawn near unmotivated golem temple there, it crawls from ground

Network mode = online friend only

Normal mode with easy mode enabled

exact location is here

Jsy8GqY.png

Edited by zero3extreme

TLDR: 32 hours of grinding for this chubby bones, found at cemetery south of unassuming docks map in solo normal mode with easy mode turned off. When I got the trophy I was in shock and left speechless for literally a whole minute straight I couldn’t move.

So I watched countless videos and read every forum comment for info on this, I tried 4 player co op for a few hours and didn’t help. Overall it took me 32 HOURS of hunting for this chubby bones who I found at the southern part of Unassuming Docks inside the cemetery just before going up the left set of stairs. If you are someone that is just curious about this game I would strongly suggest either do not to play this unless you don’t care about getting the platinum but if you do, I’d recommend getting someone else to find a chubby for you and have them invite you. It was pure agony for me as someone who has 1000s of hours on the original Borderlands 2 across multiple platforms and years, this was the worst trophy I have ever had the opportunity of earning - poor choice of trophy for this standalone version, it should not have been carried over from the original.

Thank you for reading this rant (it could be a lot longer) I just needed to get all that out of my system 

• Like 1