12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I've been alternating between the whole dock map and the castle dungeon maze like map cause both are mostly skeleton for about a week now I'm at a point I can nearly navigate blindfold definitely while mostly asleep and no luck so far :(

The trophy simply sucks. Extreme RNG. I first tried the whole map but I thought I was wasting to much time by walking the distances. That's why I only did the leftside with golem (from a distance), the right side with the ambush and bony pants guy area.

I feel you man. It's feels like the chubby enemy doesn't even exist. There was one guy that did 28hours of farming after he finally got the trophy. Keep it up! He will spawn eventually. Listen to a podcast while doing this. Helped me getting through. Let me know when you get the trophy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RawwwPlatinum said:

The trophy simply sucks. Extreme RNG. I first tried the whole map but I thought I was wasting to much time by walking the distances. That's why I only did the leftside with golem (from a distance), the right side with the ambush and bony pants guy area.

I feel you man. It's feels like the chubby enemy doesn't even exist. There was one guy that did 28hours of farming after he finally got the trophy. Keep it up! He will spawn eventually. Listen to a podcast while doing this. Helped me getting through. Let me know when you get the trophy!

I always tried the whole map. My chubby enemy spawned at the end of the right side of the map.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RawwwPlatinum said:

Nice! The spawn rates are so random. I don’t think it matters much where you farm it. Pure luck based RNG. Hate those kind of trophies1f629.png.

I know it's probably pointless butt I think they should add Abit if voice work like they do for badasses and be like chubby/tubby incoming or something so we will atleast know it's on the map lol

• Like 1

Has anyone found it in True Vault Hunter Mode? I know for certain in the main game the playtrough didn't matter but I'm starting to wonder if they somehow fucked it up for this release and they can only spawn in Normal mode or at least reduced the odds drastically for TVHM.

53 minutes ago, LionRed10 said:

Has anyone found it in True Vault Hunter Mode? I know for certain in the main game the playtrough didn't matter but I'm starting to wonder if they somehow fucked it up for this release and they can only spawn in Normal mode or at least reduced the odds drastically for TVHM.

TVHM is where I found mine.

I don't have this trophy yet, but I hope to platinum the game.  It's simple RNG just like a loot drops (to many MMO games back in the day) so pick your route and work through the other trophies with fingers crossed he will spawn.  He can even spawn in Murderlin's temple so simply work your way towards the platinum.  When all other trophies are done, start the true grind.  There aren't any verifiable tricks to make him spawn quicker, so crunch the numbers on how quickly you can get skeletons to spawn between reloads and stick with it.  The docks seems like the most skeletons in the least amount of time (golem, to tiny bones, to ambush to central area) that I've found and plan on doing after I complete the other characters.  Toss in some dock reloads along the way and grind your challenges etc there.  If you are lucky, one will pop while doing the other stuff, but if you are not, then grind away.  If you are superstitious and need good juju, toss in some full application shutdowns and reboots to sway the tea-leaves in your direction.  Happy hunting and remember, each reload has an equal chance!  

edit: update.  I got him on the beach after a couple hours of grinding. 
normal mode with easy mode also on.  

Edited by e_007_bond
Update
  • Like 1

Found mine after about 2 hours of farming. I farmed at the docks starting at the entrance to flamerock refugee. Killed the 3/4 skeletons on the little hill, went right to the ambush side, walked around the town killing the bony pants guy and his friends, from there to the beach which is left from the starting point and made my way to the very end of the map. I found him at the beginning of this tour. He was one of the 3 guys coming down from the house on the hill.

Good luck to anyone doing this. 

i have nothing positive to add. this is absolutely infuriating and i wont be buying/playing another gearbox game for a long time because of it.

i even spent the time when i was leveling up zer0 and salvador making sure to grind on the beach, as well as lilth for the phaselock trophy.

17 minutes ago, aserfgh said:

Can Chubbies/Tubbys Spawn on normal or only Higher?

They can spawn anywhere, any time, regardless of difficulty but TVHM is supposed to increase their spawn chance a tiny bit, though I've not noticed an appreciable difference in spawn chances between Normal Mode and TVHM.

So I was dreading this trophy, went through the entire game without seeing a chubby, always fully clearing Flamerock, The Docks, and The Lair of Infinite Agony when I passed through, as well as doing a handful of short farming sessions here and there (~30 mins at a time) throughout the week, and doing all my character skills trophies. No chubby during that time…

So I hit level 35, leaving me with just Cute Loot trophy left for platinum, let out a big sigh, and then sit down and strap in for what I assumed would be a very long chubby farming session… likely days on end.

But naw.. On my FIRST RUN i decided to be really inefficient for some reason and clear the entire Docks map rather than just the standard path, and lo and behold a Chubby spawns in the temple at the far end of the beach. He was literally one of the very last enemies on the map, and he died so fast that I didn’t even see him come out of the ground. I just saw the name “Chubby Bones” appearing for a split second before it started raining crystals everywhere.

Super relieved! Good luck to everyone else. ?

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

So I was dreading this trophy, went through the entire game without seeing a chubby, always fully clearing Flamerock, The Docks, and The Lair of Infinite Agony when I passed through, as well as doing a handful of short farming sessions here and there (~30 mins at a time) throughout the week, and doing all my character skills trophies. No chubby during that time…

So I hit level 35, leaving me with just Cute Loot trophy left for platinum, let out a big sigh, and then sit down and strap in for what I assumed would be a very long chubby farming session… likely days on end.

But naw.. On my FIRST RUN i decided to be really inefficient for some reason and clear the entire Docks map rather than just the standard path, and lo and behold a Chubby spawns in the temple at the far end of the beach. He was literally one of the very last enemies on the map, and he died so fast that I didn’t even see him come out of the ground. I just saw the name “Chubby Bones” appearing for a split second before it started raining crystals everywhere.

Super relieved! Good luck to everyone else. 1f64f.png

I hound mine when I was extremely sleep deprived was literally floating in and out of lala land and I figured 1 more run before I go to bed and boom right in the little ambush area to the right not gunna lie I was questioning if I was awake or not and kept questioning till the next day when I was alert enough to check my trophies lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13.4.2022 at 6:42 PM, aserfgh said:

Can Chubbies/Tubbys Spawn on normal or only Higher?

They spawn on each mode

i believe the RNG spawn rate on normal for the chubby is 0.4% But this could be false information

There is also rumors that TVHM boosts the RNG spawn rate to 0.45% And this could potentially be correct

Personally i farmed the whole area on normal for 3 weeks and 5 days with no luck.

when I switched to TVHM farm I only did the right ambush site and the left beach area. And it appeared on the ambush site after 2 days.

I spent around 3 - 5 hours a day to give you  and others some insight. Keep in mind I may have been very unlucky 

Edited by Arzoden
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzoden said:

They spawn on each mode

i believe the RNG spawn rate on normal for the chubby is 0.4% But this could be false information

There is also rumors that TVHM boosts the RNG spawn rate to 0.45% And this could potentially be correct

Personally i farmed the whole area on normal for 3 weeks and 5 days and no luck.

when I switched to TVHM farm I only did the right ambush site and the left beach area. And it appeared on the ambush site after 2 days.

I spent around 3 - 5 hours a day to give you  and others some insight. Keep in mind I may have been very unlucky 

This trophy is the absolute dictionary definition of luck based, because you will either find a Chubby almost instantly on starting the game or end up spending hours, days, weeks or even months grinding away trying to get one to show up :(.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This trophy is the absolute dictionary definition of luck based, because you will either find a Chubby almost instantly on starting the game or end up spending hours, days, weeks or even months grinding away trying to get one to show up :(.

Yeah, I’ll be sure to double check my games moving forward before I start them, to see if they have RNG related trophies ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

1 hour ago, Arzoden said:

Yeah, I’ll be sure to double check my games moving forward before I start them, to see if they have RNG related trophies 1f62c.png 

At least on Borderlands 2 (PS3) I remember that the spawn rate of chubbies would be increased by playing with more players, because the game scales up the difficulty and spawns more enemies or something. Never played this game but I wonder if playing co-op with 4 controllers on it would also increase the chance of them spawning. I know that it took me a while to kill one on Borderlands 2 but it seemed to spawn a lot sooner with myself and a friend using 2 controllers each in my lobby. 

Edited by Sergen

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

At least on Borderlands 2 (PS3) I remember that the spawn rate of chubbies would be increased by playing with more players, because the game scales up the difficulty and spawns more enemies or something. Never played this game but I wonder if playing co-op with 4 controllers on it would also increase the chance of them spawning. I know that it took me a while to kill one on Borderlands 2 but it seemed to spawn a lot sooner with myself and a friend using 2 controllers each in my lobby. 

I know some people have had luck with playing with multiple controllers/players and getting a chubby to spawn but in experience it made no difference so after an hour or two of trying, I gave up and went back to playing solo :(. It eventually took me nearly 30 hours to get a chubby to show up so needless to say, I was relieved to finally be done with this nightmare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I know some people have had luck with playing with multiple controllers/players and getting a chubby to spawn but in experience it made no difference so after an hour or two of trying, I gave up and went back to playing solo :(. It eventually took me nearly 30 hours to get a chubby to show up so needless to say, I was relieved to finally be done with this nightmare.

Ahaha when my chubby popped up on the map i had just gotten ready to sit there for another 3 hours, so i screamed like a little girl once it came into my sights! i had to whip out my phone and went crazy. My people on snapchat probably thought i was mental?

• Like 2