How is this version?

Fugl7

Really interested to get this one, but are currently holding back until I get more info about the performance. Obviously DICE/EA has said it will not have the massive lobbies with 128 players, but rather just support 64 player lobbies.

So my question is if this feel like a version worth getting. Does it run acceptable and does the differences from the next gen version hold this version back in any way?

Also if someone have any input on how it feels like playing across gens? I have friends that is getting the ps5 version, so I wonder how it would be to play with each other. The option is there, but would it be something that would be a big deal breaker for a ps5 owner to play alot in these smaller lobbies?

So ended up with buying the ps4 version myself and were pretty excited to jump on with my mates that is playing on the ps5 just to realize it ain't any cross gen play. If you are playing the ps4 version you are limited to play with others that play the ps4 version only and xbox one etc. So if you wanna play with someone you need to be sure to use the same version of the game if you wanna party up. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by Fugl7
Unclear description of the issue

1 hour ago, Fugl7 said:

So ended up with buying the ps4 version myself and were pretty excited to jump on with my mates that is playing on the ps5 just to realize it ain't any cross gen play. If you are playing the ps4 version you are limited to play with others that play on ps4 only and xbox one etc. Correct me if i'm wrong.

You're not. I fucked myself by getting the PS5 disc when all my friends play on PS4.

14 minutes ago, Malfunkshuns said:

You're not. I fucked myself by getting the PS5 disc when all my friends play on PS4.

Maybe we can switch friends?^^

Nah, but really dissapointed with this. It's one of the first games I've come across that doesn't support cross gen. I feel like this haven't been properly addressed from EA or maybe it's just me that have been doing my research wrong. 

They could have phrased it better on the PS Store but they address it on the EA website:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-2042-cross-play/

Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can play with and against each other, but not with players on PC, PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S - even with cross-play turned on.

So if you’re playing on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you’ll be in 64-player battles rather than 128-player ones. This reduced battle size also means you can only matchmake with and against players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Edited by theSpirae

1 minute ago, theSpirae said:

They could have phrased it better on the PS Store but they address it on the EA website:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-2042-cross-play/

It's not like they haven't addressed it somewhere. I just feel like it could have been like something that were mentioned more clearly from ea. Was something that wasn't hard to find by googling, but information about it up to launch weren't really saying anything. In the end it's my own fault and I learned a lesson for the next time I'm gonna buy a cross gen multiplayer title.

With that said, i'm still gonna play it and hopefully have a good time with it even though I cannot play with my friends that haven't gotten the ps4 version.

6 hours ago, Treksor said:

Played on ps4 with a friend on ps5 just fine. The thing is that on ps5 my friend had to download a ps4 version for it

Not everyone is getting the cross gen bundle though as it is a bit more expensive than just buying the one version you want. I understand that people that own the ps5 wanna get the superior version rather than buy the one that is stuck to an old system.

I see how I phrased it in the other post of mine so gonna edit it so people get s better understanding of what the issue are. I'm fully aware that you can play with someone on ps5 if they own the ps4 version. The issue is as said above that not everyone gonna have access to both versions.

• 1 month later...

a issue i have on ps4 is sometimes it feels like every step i take my foot is hitting a rock. its like a stutter almost. some games it dont happen. i dont know if its certain maps or what. but it dont sprint smooth at all. 

at least it has crossover with xbox players. makes the games a little less empty but there seems to be alot of bots still on most hours

i didnt buy the ps5 upgrade. i dont have a ps5 and judging by other bf games this will be like $8 in the future by the time i get a ps5. so ill just buy it then in like 20 years when a ps5 is available. itll be cheaper on flash sale then the cross version

• Like 1