Paramedic completion is more than likely missable.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:48 AM, jrod2510 said:

In my experience it seems like the Mafia basically forgot I was their sworn enemy.  All the way at the end in Rigged to Blow not a single Mafioso shot at me, as was the case in most of my returns to Saint Mark's area.  Even other missions, rampages rather, Yardies, Columbians, or Nines or Jacks were just standing still for me to pop their heads off.  Love this game, glad they at least did something with it, really hope they rebuild it from ground up in whatever the new engine they're using these days.  But I just finished the game again, so there isnt anything that cant be done.  Though, for some reason I had to start a new game just to get Wreckless Driving to pop.

I think the missions are designed to reduce the aggro from the local gangs, otherwise some would be neigh impossible (i.e. Rigged to blow in St. Marks with aggro from the mob)

The rampages I don't remember from the original but I believe their default aggro is also turned off until provoked - otherwise you'd just be swarmed by 30 NPC's (that spawn more frequently on rampages) and taken out without being able to do much. Especially on grenade/molotov/flamethrower missions.

That being said I took a small detour through St. Marks by accident and got 2-shotted to blow up my car in about 10 seconds in free roam.

• 3 weeks later...

This trophy is an absolute bitch. I did it on the old PS4 port in Portland, and I can’t remember it being this difficult. I chanced it out of frustration today and used the slow down chest but it locked out the damn trophy. Really losing patience now as I wanted to enjoy the game. Maybe it’s my reflexes starting to slow down a bit.  

• Like 1

Yeah this trophy is awful. On Portland my last patient on the 12 mission i accidently ran over ?‍♂️

Heard it’s slightly easier on Staunton because of the generous time given but after getting to level 12 after an hour and half I got blown up by gangsters. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I know this has been asked in this thread but I don’t think it’s been answered- is this required for the 100%?

1 hour ago, Press_Start_Art said:

Yeah this trophy is awful. On Portland my last patient on the 12 mission i accidently ran over ?‍♂️

Heard it’s slightly easier on Staunton because of the generous time given but after getting to level 12 after an hour and half I got blown up by gangsters. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I know this has been asked in this thread but I don’t think it’s been answered- is this required for the 100%?

Yeah it is 

• Like 1

Just got this yesterday on the Portland island. Just keep practicing to get the ambulance stable, especially when turning corners. I usually brake first, then use the handbrake when turning the corners when I'm going fast. There are plenty of shortcuts, and you don't need to follow the line marker when picking up patience near the pier area and the coach depot. Always pick up the nearest patience from the Hospital every time you finish a level. This will make your time increase significantly.

• Like 1

To make this challenge as easy as possible, id say make this the first thing you do when you arrive in stauton island (second island) the area near the construction site will be hostile, but look down and every 2 - 3 sec this will make all the cars (Except police cars and others that are close to you) despawn, making it so the road is clear and no enemies will shoot at You. I abused this the whole way through. As of writing this its version 1.04

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So, recently I did 100% on PS2 (PS4) version and without many problems. Now I'm trying do Paramedic Mission in Definitive Edition and it's giving me hard time so I guess it's kinda harder. I've noticed that on 9th or 10th mission (for example) you are not rewarded with more time when you drop second group of patients. And you won't get extra time when you drop the third. So if you screw up somewhere and don't have much time left, dropping these guys won't save your skin. I'm blaming it on DE, but to be honest I don't remember if it was the same in PS2 (PS4) version. But I did it on second try then. Now it's 20th try or so, and I just can't. And yeah, no one's shooting at me, because I'm gonna do story missions after I'm done with secondary stuff. And if it helps someone having problems with rolling over, just use handbrake, it will prevent ambulance from flipping. Most of the times. Also, I think there is more trafiic, and drivers are more annoying than ever - they're often blocked on crossroads and such and won't move at all.

Edited by kALWa888

I've always considered Staunton Island to be a better option than Portland, even before gangs turn hostile. It is a bigger area, but easier to drive around with wider roads and a better layout, and the game gives you more time to pick up patients compared to Portland. If you avoid the construction site as much as possible and drive by the stadium/university when you return to the hospital, you'll be fine.

The biggest tip I can give people is don't rush, driving fast and crashing, popping a tire, getting the cops on you is slower than just driving carefully. I never came close to having a time issue. My biggest issue was my ambulance randomly flying 10000 meters into the air and exploding, that happened to me 3 times on level 12 :( 

When dropping people off ALWAYS drive north the second the blue marker disappears, the people will get out no problem and north is the furthest point away so you'll be closer to them, by driving north you can also get lucky and have most of the people spawn to the south. This will normally spawn them next to each other making for very easy pickups. 

You can also cut the grassy corner with trees on behind the police station, that'll save you loads of time in the area by the docks.

Just drive carefully, the handbrake is also MUCH better than the normal break.

If you do this at the start of the game it's easy, but the 2nd island is good too if you've finished the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The time limit is really challenging in Portland even with the other two islands locked. The game can give you some very small bonuses where you have to be more or less perfect going from point to point.

Vice City is so much more forgiving for rampages and the emergency vehicle missions.

On 07/03/2022 at 3:16 AM, Wagszilla said:

The time limit is really challenging in Portland even with the other two islands locked. The game can give you some very small bonuses where you have to be more or less perfect going from point to point.

Vice City is so much more forgiving for rampages and the emergency vehicle missions.

Took me a bunch of tries to complete it in early Portland, was going to just carry on and try again in Staunton because of the extra time but I got a lucky run. The hardest levels are 4-9, after 9 there’s enough patients spread out to properly plan out a route and make sure to use the shortcuts. I first did SA, then VC and now 3 last and 3 has the hardest paramedic mission by miles.

• 1 year later...

I've done it right now on Staunton Island right after the mission when you go to the construction site for Catalina and the other colombian guy which is captured by Asuka and her yakuza members.. I think that's the final good moment to do the paramedic missions before finishing the story. And also I drove a lot near the construction site too and it wasn't really that bad ;) just drive carefully to avoid roll over

Edited by MajloHS93
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did it after completing the first mission that way no gangs attack you brutally on Portland, followed by the vigilante (20 cop missions & the 15 in a row) then the fire truck, I’m doing patriot playground next then doing the rampages, hidden packages and then stunt jumps before even starting the campaign makes it much easier, same rule once I get to the second island and third