Jurassic difficulty challenge mode

Kiwicrash

Christ on a bike this shit is hard. I just cant make it to break even point where Im making money without a scientist needing a rest, a dinosaur escaping, running out of money to bring a dinosaur to life or even having enough dinosaurs to keep guests interested. Any one got further than one star on this?

• Like 1

On 13.11.2021 at 11:00 PM, Kiwicrash said:

Christ on a bike this shit is hard. I just cant make it to break even point where Im making money without a scientist needing a rest, a dinosaur escaping, running out of money to bring a dinosaur to life or even having enough dinosaurs to keep guests interested. Any one got further than one star on this?

1.1 stars was my best result so far :D Yup, they are hard AF or I simply suck at park management games. Tried the first challenge a handful of times now and never made it past the 30 minute mark. I managed to actually earn money, but then the first snow storm occurs and everything goes to hell.

Any advice or (video) guide would be highly appreciated. Most youtubers are still playing through Chaos Theory.

Might be a bit late to this, I finished all the maps a few days ago and needed a breather ? Does take a bit of time to get starting, few tips that helped me get going

1. Pause function is your best friend, take your time to think and to prevent disaster from happening. Without it, you're going to have a depressing time dealing with sick dinosaurs rather than rough weather later.

2. Incubation cost decrease is your next best friend, get it asap and you'll save a lot when you pump out dinosaurs in large numbers later

3. Get things going as fast as possible, research what you need, get a few dinosaurs pumping out (or find in the wild)

4. Fire your most expensive scientist or ones you don't need, they're the main reason you'll just keep losing money most of the time. I even fired them all for one map to get the dosh rolling in at 200-300k per minute. I'd say best to start thinking about getting rid of them after dropping below 1m.

After learning my mistakes during the first map, I got things going pretty smoothly, all my early hours was taking my time building up a lot of cash, I'd have over 20M barely getting through 2 star. Hope this helps anyone ?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, StevenyJames said:

Can anybody confirm if we even need to beat the Jurassic diffuclty under par time in order for the trophy to pop? The trophies just say to beat jurassic difficulty not beat Jurassic difficulty under par time

I can confirm that the par time can be exceeded and the trophy still pops. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, Eisregen91 said:

It's really hard, it's frustrating.

I loved Evolution 1 but it was way too easy.

Now Evolution 2 is waaay to hard.

In your opinion would you tell a person to play Evolution 1 instead of two? Have Evolution 1 & the DLC but not started it. Have been eyeing Evo 2, but am looking for a fun and not frustrating experience. Kind of want to do one or the other. 1’s always looked fun but 2 is purty looking. I would appreciate it.

Edited by NMErickson

Advice that might help..once you reach targeted number of species (11 for Canada), you will probably have around 4 or 4.5 stars. Make your guest comfortable and then just pump out those big dinos that give you most rating, That helped me to go from 4.5 to 5 stars since i was stuck on 4.5 for ages

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:11 PM, NMErickson said:

In your opinion would you tell a person to play Evolution 1 instead of two? Have Evolution 1 & the DLC but not started it. Have been eyeing Evo 2, but am looking for a fun and not frustrating experience. Kind of want to do one or the other. 1’s always looked fun but 2 is purty looking. I would appreciate it.

Oh yes, I definitely enjoyed 1 way more then 2.

There are a few cool new things in 2, but overall 1 is a lot more fun.

And since you already have 1, go for it.

I'm hoping the coming update will improve 2.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 20/06/2022 at 2:23 PM, nejyk said:

A piece of advice for those who are struggling with the last star on challenges. We've spent more than 100 hours already playing in a very slow pace and discovered a really useful strategy which helps to reach 5 stars when you have slightly above 4 (we moved from 4,2 to 5 stars in a matter of minutes yesterday on the challenge number 4).

First thing you need to understand, that stars depend on your park revenue, not your pure income.

Example: your goal is to start earning 1,5m for 5 stars. You will reach 5 stars when your full earning would be 1,5m, irregardless of your spendings. Your spendings may be 1,2m with pure income of 300k and you'd still get 5 stars.

So, what we were doing is the following.

1. Save the game (to be able to try again if smth goes wrong)

2. Pause the game at slightly above 4 stars.

3. Start adding all the possible items to sell in your amenities. Make sure you fill every possible slot with items giving you most of revenue in every amenity. You'd see that your income would drop due to high cost of services. Revenue is more important at this stage though.

4. Add as many top dinosaurs as you can at the places where you have most of your amenities. Don't worry, you don't need them to be in comfort. Add different species to reach the targeted number of species.

5. Add more restaurants to top places and repeat step 3.

6. Fast forward and enjoy the trophy as your revenue would sky rocket 1f601.png

I hope it would be helpful. 

We struggled on first maps to bring park to 5 stars. With this strategy we managed to finish challenge #4 way before the par time.

Top advice, i also learned this after battling through the first 3 challenges :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm on my first attempt at the challenges and I'm starting at Jurassic difficulty. I don't know why I didn't think of it in JWE1 (probably since there's no pause and it's much harder) or at all in any of the Campaign or Chaos maps....but I used to lose a ton of money during storms and if it happened early enough in the attempt, it would be a restart to an earlier save or bankruptcy....but I have been making money during the storms once I switched to this method.

Once you get the storm warning, pause immediately and then open all shelters. I had been doing that part the whole time, but this next part is what has helped tremendously to avoid going bankrupt. Deactivate all of your amenities. When your guests are in the shelters, they aren't at the shops and you end up losing a ton of money while the storm is raging due to the losses the shops take. By turning them off, you no longer take the loss and there seems to be a slight delay on the income slowing down because I have been making money almost throughout the entire duration of the storms. I'll run the storms at 3x speed to get through them and then pausing to have my rangers repair stuff if needed. The moment the storm goes away, pause again and re-open everything at the same time you open your shelters. They go right back to making money and you've avoided the huge loss you'd normally take.

It seems like common sense now that I'm doing it, but it wasn't something I thought of or tried until I started doing challenges and it's been helpful.

• Like 2

I did one challenge in jurassic difficulty (5 stars complete) in 1h 45min but no trophy popup :( any ideas ? Im missing something....

Edit: I figured out I was doing the challenge 6 instead of the 1st... lol

Edited by iMagrick