Kiwicrash

Jurassic difficulty challenge mode

18 posts in this topic

Christ on a bike this shit is hard. I just cant make it to break even point where Im making money without a scientist needing a rest, a dinosaur escaping, running out of money to bring a dinosaur to life or even having enough dinosaurs to keep guests interested. Any one got further than one star on this?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.11.2021 at 11:00 PM, Kiwicrash said:

Christ on a bike this shit is hard. I just cant make it to break even point where Im making money without a scientist needing a rest, a dinosaur escaping, running out of money to bring a dinosaur to life or even having enough dinosaurs to keep guests interested. Any one got further than one star on this?

1.1 stars was my best result so far :D Yup, they are hard AF or I simply suck at park management games. Tried the first challenge a handful of times now and never made it past the 30 minute mark. I managed to actually earn money, but then the first snow storm occurs and everything goes to hell.

 

Any advice or (video) guide would be highly appreciated. Most youtubers are still playing through Chaos Theory.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really hard, it's frustrating.

I loved Evolution 1 but it was way too easy.

Now Evolution 2 is waaay to hard.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a bit late to this, I finished all the maps a few days ago and needed a breather 😭 Does take a bit of time to get starting, few tips that helped me get going

 

1. Pause function is your best friend, take your time to think and to prevent disaster from happening. Without it, you're going to have a depressing time dealing with sick dinosaurs rather than rough weather later.

2. Incubation cost decrease is your next best friend, get it asap and you'll save a lot when you pump out dinosaurs in large numbers later

3. Get things going as fast as possible, research what you need, get a few dinosaurs pumping out (or find in the wild)

4. Fire your most expensive scientist or ones you don't need, they're the main reason you'll just keep losing money most of the time. I even fired them all for one map to get the dosh rolling in at 200-300k per minute. I'd say best to start thinking about getting rid of them after dropping below 1m.

 

After learning my mistakes during the first map, I got things going pretty smoothly, all my early hours was taking my time building up a lot of cash, I'd have over 20M barely getting through 2 star. Hope this helps anyone 😬

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody confirm if we even need to beat the Jurassic diffuclty under par time in order for the trophy to pop? The trophies just say to beat jurassic difficulty not beat Jurassic difficulty under par time

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StevenyJames I wouldn't have thought so because the original didn't require you to make the par time.

 

@Eisregen91 Try the timed challenges in JWE and come back to me if you think that's easy to do :) 

Edited by LancashireLad87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, StevenyJames said:

Can anybody confirm if we even need to beat the Jurassic diffuclty under par time in order for the trophy to pop? The trophies just say to beat jurassic difficulty not beat Jurassic difficulty under par time

I can confirm that the par time can be exceeded and the trophy still pops. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jd4903 said:

Not a clue am still tryin to get all Diseases before Update I

Oh, why is that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adamaniacs said:

I can confirm that the par time can be exceeded and the trophy still pops. 

Can also confirm. Went 6 hours over par on Canada challenge and it still popped. Made me relax a bit. Now I know I can take my time once I break even with profits

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, Eisregen91 said:

It's really hard, it's frustrating.

I loved Evolution 1 but it was way too easy.

Now Evolution 2 is waaay to hard.

In your opinion would you tell a person to play Evolution 1 instead of two? Have Evolution 1 & the DLC but not started it. Have been eyeing Evo 2, but am looking for a fun and not frustrating experience. Kind of want to do one or the other. 1’s always looked fun but 2 is purty looking. I would appreciate it.

Edited by NMErickson
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nock_The_Bot said:

Oh, why is that?

Cause Update I is changin Chaos Theory and Challege Modes on Easy to Medium on Dec 9

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advice that might help..once you reach targeted number of species (11 for Canada), you will probably have around 4 or 4.5 stars. Make your guest comfortable and then just pump out those big dinos that give you most rating, That helped me to go from 4.5 to 5 stars since i was stuck on 4.5 for ages

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2021 at 11:11 PM, NMErickson said:

In your opinion would you tell a person to play Evolution 1 instead of two? Have Evolution 1 & the DLC but not started it. Have been eyeing Evo 2, but am looking for a fun and not frustrating experience. Kind of want to do one or the other. 1’s always looked fun but 2 is purty looking. I would appreciate it.

 

Oh yes, I definitely enjoyed 1 way more then 2.

There are a few cool new things in 2, but overall 1 is a lot more fun.

And since you already have 1, go for it.

 

I'm hoping the coming update will improve 2.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was so looking forward to this gsme too 

 

now I won’t be getting it 

 

I’m sure I’m not the only one, but they had to put these stupid challenges in the base gsme huh?  Hope it was worth it for ya 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A piece of advice for those who are struggling with the last star on challenges. We've spent more than 100 hours already playing in a very slow pace and discovered a really useful strategy which helps to reach 5 stars when you have slightly above 4 (we moved from 4,2 to 5 stars in a matter of minutes yesterday on the challenge number 4).

 

First thing you need to understand, that stars depend on your park revenue, not your pure income.

 

Example: your goal is to start earning 1,5m for 5 stars. You will reach 5 stars when your full earning would be 1,5m, irregardless of your spendings. Your spendings may be 1,2m with pure income of 300k and you'd still get 5 stars.

 

So, what we were doing is the following.

 

1. Save the game (to be able to try again if smth goes wrong)

2. Pause the game at slightly above 4 stars.

3. Start adding all the possible items to sell in your amenities. Make sure you fill every possible slot with items giving you most of revenue in every amenity. You'd see that your income would drop due to high cost of services. Revenue is more important at this stage though.

4. Add as many top dinosaurs as you can at the places where you have most of your amenities. Don't worry, you don't need them to be in comfort. Add different species to reach the targeted number of species.

5. Add more restaurants to top places and repeat step 3.

6. Fast forward and enjoy the trophy as your revenue would sky rocket 😁

 

I hope it would be helpful. 

 

We struggled on first maps to bring park to 5 stars. With this strategy we managed to finish challenge #4 way before the par time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by nejyk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2022 at 2:23 PM, nejyk said:

A piece of advice for those who are struggling with the last star on challenges. We've spent more than 100 hours already playing in a very slow pace and discovered a really useful strategy which helps to reach 5 stars when you have slightly above 4 (we moved from 4,2 to 5 stars in a matter of minutes yesterday on the challenge number 4).

 

First thing you need to understand, that stars depend on your park revenue, not your pure income.

 

Example: your goal is to start earning 1,5m for 5 stars. You will reach 5 stars when your full earning would be 1,5m, irregardless of your spendings. Your spendings may be 1,2m with pure income of 300k and you'd still get 5 stars.

 

So, what we were doing is the following.

 

1. Save the game (to be able to try again if smth goes wrong)

2. Pause the game at slightly above 4 stars.

3. Start adding all the possible items to sell in your amenities. Make sure you fill every possible slot with items giving you most of revenue in every amenity. You'd see that your income would drop due to high cost of services. Revenue is more important at this stage though.

4. Add as many top dinosaurs as you can at the places where you have most of your amenities. Don't worry, you don't need them to be in comfort. Add different species to reach the targeted number of species.

5. Add more restaurants to top places and repeat step 3.

6. Fast forward and enjoy the trophy as your revenue would sky rocket 1f601.png

 

I hope it would be helpful. 

 

We struggled on first maps to bring park to 5 stars. With this strategy we managed to finish challenge #4 way before the par time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top advice, i also learned this after battling through the first 3 challenges :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.