How much time to 100?

XpanderFX

Hi, i know that there are many posts about this however with all these dlcs time to 100% may change. From what ive read many dlcs can be done simultaneuously with others so it certainly cuts down it. Also im interested to know time to 100% without 1001 nights as this can be done AFK. maybe its time to get season pass when it will be on sale...

12 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

Hi, i know that there are many posts about this however with all these dlcs time to 100% may change. From what ive read many dlcs can be done simultaneuously with others so it certainly cuts down it. Also im interested to know time to 100% without 1001 nights as this can be done AFK. maybe its time to get season pass when it will be on sale...

It's though to say exactly how long it'll take you as it depends on your play style, I've started the game a couple weeks ago and I'm currently at 115h with 95% of the trophies done. Subtract around 10h where I was just messing around and learning the quirks of the game and around 10 to 15h where I was mostly AFK waiting for stuff to happen (crime rate, industries to level 5, universities to level 5, etc).

As of now, I'm still missing some of the scenarios which should take quite a bit still so I'm guesstimating it'll take me around 130h game time to finish everything excluding 1001 nights. Personally I've always disabled day/night cycles as it's painful to see during night time, so I'm counting on another 150h 100% AFK for that one trophy. Again it really depends on your play style, if i didn't mess around so much and if it wasn't my first time playing I could've probably cut this down to 100ish hours.

The DLC does come in handy as it helps you make your city run more efficiently and you can do everything on the same city so I'd definitely recommend getting all the DLC's from the start if you do plan on doing the 100%, which you should, it's a stupidly addictive game and I plan on grabbing it on PC next to experiment with community mods.

12 minutes ago, Aodir said:

so I'm counting on another 150h 100% AFK for that one trophy

does this trophy require that amount of uninterrupted time without shutting down the console? fuck, this is crazy...

4 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

does this trophy require that amount of uninterrupted time without shutting down the console? fuck, this is crazy...

It doesn't have to be in one go, it is cumulative between all your cities and honestly it's something you should be very near to unlock if you use it from the start. Night mode is stunning but building during night time isn't a very pleasing experience, at least for me... here's some quick maths from our green buddies at TA (who probably have the best guide for the game as far as achievements go): 

Here are the accurate stats:
To experience 1001 nights in Cities: Skylines at 3X speed on a blank map, it will take:
6d 8h 50m of in-game playtime, that's
approx. 153 hours (152h 50m)
111156 Total Days Passed (in-game)
2324 Year Unlocked (starting year was 2018, I believe)

Basically place a road and let it sit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Basically yes, I had to run my console 8hours overnight for weeks for it to go ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Aodir said:

It doesn't have to be in one go, it is cumulative between all your cities and honestly it's something you should be very near to unlock if you use it from the start. Night mode is stunning but building during night time isn't a very pleasing experience, at least for me... here's some quick maths from our green buddies at TA (who probably have the best guide for the game as far as achievements go): 

3 minutes ago, Aodir said:

The grind is real :|

My cities skylines is currently at 84%. From what my PS5 says I have over 300 hours in the game. The 1001 nights is a third of the playtime. If I ever go back I still have that special disaster trophy which is also very rare to occur apparently. So I’d honestly say if you’re playing for fun while attempting to 100% like I am. I’d say expect 400 hours of playing this game. Speedrun I’d say maybe 150-250 hours.

3 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

My cities skylines is currently at 84%. From what my PS5 says I have over 300 hours in the game. The 1001 nights is a third of the playtime. If I ever go back I still have that special disaster trophy which is also very rare to occur apparently. So I’d honestly say if you’re playing for fun while attempting to 100% like I am. I’d say expect 400 hours of playing this game. Speedrun I’d say maybe 150-250 hours.

I thought dlc's can be played "in parallel" to the base game, including its required time to it. from what ive read completing base game is 40h-50h (+afk) and that was a reasonable amount of time for such game. but 150-250h...no fuc..in way! i still have RDR2 waiting from maybe 1 year and that's an "only" 150h game :-)

On 14/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, kevao97 said:

The grind is real :|

I wouldn't call it a grind per se, it's more like a how long till your PS4 replaces your toaster kinda deal where you do nothing but wait with minimal effort. To put into perspective, I'm running the game 22/7 and I only interact with it 10 minutes a day so it's very doable. It's still a long process though, being one of my top 5 games this year in terms of enjoyment I'd much rather have them increase the requirements in the other trophies than have a RNG based trophy like this.

To add to my posts, I completed the game at around 100h game time minus Chirpnado/1001 cycles, currently at 245h and still missing both. 

For those who are considering doing this:

- Turn off all sound but disaster announcement and remote play on your phone, disasters are random but they slow down your game back to x1 speed, so just be ready to double tap when you hear the announcement; easy way to control it with minimal effort while you do something else.
- Someone mentioned in one of the threads here it's a good idea to run a desert map since no water means no tsunamis, this is what I'm doing for Chirpnado, although in the end I don't think it matters that much.

- Definitely turn on night/day cycles from day one if you can manage building during night time, I couldn't. During sleep hours just let it run with cycles enabled on a 0 pop world, its cumulative across all your maps so just let it run and wait.

- Try not to go mental.

EDIT: Done ? 294h but only 100 actual played hours.

Edited by Aodir