Nasty bug in Contractions (Story + Solution)

demonoutcast

Was up all night grinding for Wave 20 in Contractions in solo play. Once I got to the final wave towards the end, after destroying the heavy mech on the overpass. I experienced a nasty bug where it glitched one of the base commanders inside a solid building where I couldn't hurt or kill him. Tried attacking him in different various ways; Artillery barraging the wall with its rockets/laser, lobbing grenades through the window (which kept bouncing off the sill ?) slide kicking the wall, etc. Doing everything to trigger an opening for a hitbox. With every failed attempt, I immediately did some digging to find out a handful of other players who had this same horror bug attempting this solo. One of the solutions they tried was knifing and meleeing the wall to lure him to attack. But sadly this one didn't work out for me. In the back of my head, I kept wondering if bullets or explosions can't hurt him. Maybe energy weapons can! I retreated back to a nearby armory and grabbed a laser rifle. I kept spraying the side of the building and I was able to hurt him through a tiny gap! He died eventually, but the wave wasn't over! Right after I killed him, immediately I get swarmed by some leaping monkeys. I jumped back inside the mech, finished them off and turns out the game spawned another three base commanders! This time they were out in the open thank goodness. Just as I got done killing one. Freakin Alma teleports me outside the mech to the other side of the map, leaving me exposed with several enemies. Disoriented and sprinting in panic, I found my way back to the mech and took off far away from whatever the hell was following me.  Eventually came back and finished off the two base commanders, shortly afterwards BOOM trophy unlocked! All I gotta say is... What a damn relief that was ? No way in hell was I doing all 20 of those waves over again!

If anyone still tackling this old ass game and to avoid this BS I had in solo. Seek the image below to where I had the glitch happen; If the base commander gets spawned in this particular building. Finish off the remaining enemies (Watch out for alma as well, then grab yourself a laser rifle and keep spraying here until he gets hurt (If the laser rifle isn't there, look for ammo crates and drop them off.) He will die, more enemies will spawn. Deal with them from there with the Mech. Good luck :) 

g2bZgQo.jpg