Original PS2>PS4 port X remaster soundtrack

I know that the current "Remastered" version excludes some songs from the game (R.I.P Japanese boy) and I could find a list of such songs, but I wanted to know how the current list compares to the PS2>PS4 port. Are the lists the same or is the current one even shorter?

• Like 2

Japanese Boy is in the game. Nothing has been cut from the PS2 Classics version that released on PS4. All the songs that were included in that are in the Remastered version. They even added back Lionel Richie's "Running with the Night" that was previously only present on the first PS2 release.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rebelkiller93 said:

Japanese Boy is in the game. Nothing has been cut from the PS2 Classics version that released on PS4. All the songs that were included in that are in the Remastered version. They even added back Lionel Richie's "Running with the Night" that was previously only present on the first PS2 release.

So the remastered version of Vice City includes all of the songs that made into the ps2>ps4 port plus two?

Thanks for answering!

• Like 1

It's fortunate to continue to enjoy the original Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack in its entirety, considering that, as the OP here feared, licensing policies often ruin the gaming experience a lot. The Dragon Ball games are an example of this.

Here a present for you, OP, who do not sow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

So the remastered version of Vice City includes all of the songs that made into the ps2>ps4 port plus two?

Thanks for answering!

The fact they got the Lionel Richie song back leads me to believe they may have attempted to get the original soundtrack back in its entirety but just couldn't. I hear MJ's estate is notoriously difficult to deal with and I don't think anything of his has been licensed since he died. Maybe they'd still be in there if he was still alive today.

• Like 2

Here's the list of songs that aren't included in the Definitive Edition of Vice City. As you can see, all of them were songs that originally got cut from the 10th anniversary Re-releases of Vice City (Including the now delisted PS4 Version).

Herbie Hancock - Rockit (Wildstyle)

Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf (Wildstyle)

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (Flash FM)

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Fever 105)

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon (V-Rock)

Irakere - Añunga Ñunga (Espantoso)

Kate Bush - Wow (Emotion 98.3)

On an interesting note, they actually brought back Lionel Richie - Running With The Night into the game. Previously, this song only appears in the original 2002 release of Vice City for the PS2 before getting cut in all other versions until now.

Edited by Bahraini_carguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bahraini_carguy said:

Here's the list of songs that aren't included in the Definitive Edition of Vice City. As you can see, all of them were songs that originally got cut from the 10th anniversary Re-releases of Vice City (Including the now delisted PS4 Version).

Herbie Hancock - Rockit (Wildstyle)

Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf (Wildstyle)

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (Flash FM)

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Fever 105)

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon (V-Rock)

Irakere - Añunga Ñunga (Espantoso)

Kate Bush - Wow (Emotion 98.3)

On an interesting note, they actually brought back Lionel Richie - Running With The Night into the game. Previously, this song only appears in the original 2002 release of Vice City for the PS2 before getting cut in all other versions until now.

Thank u so much for the answer.

Now if only the remaster of Vice City didn't have so many bugs (and a glitched bothersome trophy), I'd love revisiting it.

I don't really care about the others. GTA 3 is a bit "souless" and never appealed to me.

And San Andreas, as fun as it is, has no hope of ever becoming a decent game, since it was based on the mobile version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rebelkiller93 said:

The fact they got the Lionel Richie song back leads me to believe they may have attempted to get the original soundtrack back in its entirety but just couldn't. I hear MJ's estate is notoriously difficult to deal with and I don't think anything of his has been licensed since he died. Maybe they'd still be in there if he was still alive today.

Ever since the HBO documentary 'Leaving Neverland', Michal Jackson has been basically cancelled also.