Dedicated to the pets we lost.

ninjagirl657

I know how you feel :(. I can't finish FF7 for the same reason - I had 2 rabbits a few years back and one of them was put to sleep on the day I last played FF7 so can't bring myself to make any progress in it because of the unhappy memories it brings back :(. A year later almost to the day, I lost my other rabbit :(. I've had several pets over the years, some of which died of natural causes but others came down with serious medical problems so had to be put to sleep to prevent unnecessary suffering.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Sorry for your loss.  Great pets like Crystal are great friends for us.  I wouldn't blame yourself.  A bigger breed like that with a heart condition is tough to overcome.  It may be the last thing you want to hear right now, but it may have been for the better.  I've had pits that get older and develop hip displacement issues, and it's really sad all the trouble they go through just to try to move around later on in life.  I have one with cancer right now, and it's not operable.  The vet asked if I wanted to know how long he has and my answer was "don't tell me."  I just want to make things as normal and easy for him as I can before he goes.  It's tough to see a dog that could sprint and fly over the fence with ease have trouble going up and down the stairs now.  Yet he pushes on :)  I always think about him now when dealing with troubles in my life and say to myself "he has terminal cancer, what the hell is my excuse?"  It puts things in perspective. 

I'm glad you managed to learn something from this awful exeprience, and if trophies aren't in your future anymore, then so be it.  It's a great lesson for people to realize what has true value in their lives, and thank you for sharing this experience.  Best of luck getting through this difficult time.

Edited by kinnyman
  • Like 2

So sorry for your loss : ( my dog sadly had to be put down late October this year, so I know how you feel-I also have BPD and it gets really rough. So far I think the grieving process for me is very different than how it would be if I were there (I'm away at college), and I'm thankful for that but also devasted that I wasn't there for him in his final moments. When I grew up with him I feel like I didn't pay him enough attention, and I feel so horrible thinking about all of the things I could've done. It's hard, but I know it was his time and he was suffering. He had just turned 8 and had been suffering from congestive heart failure for several years now. It progressed very fast to the point where he could not breathe when lying down, and would hardly walk. However, he survived much longer than the vet expected, and even in his final days he was smiling and trying to push on. Such a trooper. It's made me realize to really not take the people/animals around you for granted, as you were saying. The hours I spent playing games could've been spent with him, and knowing that makes me want to avoid games altogether. However I know this is just part of the grieving process and it will pass, but either way- it's so hard. Here's a pic of my baby, hopefully he and yours are up in doggie heaven :,)

Spoiler

IMG-1737

• Like 3

hqQxdz6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

as a child, my father argued with a neighbor and in retaliation he poisoned my dog. a few years later my parrot was stolen from me. I have never had a pet since then. I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I had the opportunity to live with my pets in the natural course of things, and watching them age and die would have been less painful (parrots can live a century, I probably wouldn't see mine die).

as for trophy hunting, i feel like i'm addicted. I have important tasks, deadlines, studies, but the video game ends up being a way of procrastination, and I "need to progress my backlog". I would like to go away indefinitely until I get my shit together, but at the same time I can't.

please feel the grief, it is necessary for your healing. death is part of life, and in time it will be less painful for you. stay well