UNLOADED

World Slayer Expansion & free update

24 posts in this topic

This was definitely a surprise hit of 2021 and enjoyed every minute of getting the platinum. Would not mind returning if the expansion is fun and some possible new trophies! 

Easy trophies in the new update, but I don't like how one of them forces you to play as a two-player team (especially since this is a 3-player game).

Edit: Quick video showing how to get the "Button Mashing" trophy in The Marshal's Complex

Edited by Helyx

Bruh where did this come from I thought this game died of failure (I liked the release but endgame was really meh)..

Trophies look easy as nothing seems to require the higher difficulties. Sucks they added a duo trophy but that shouldn't be a problem around here. 

On 15/11/2021 at 9:11 PM, KILLIN_REVOLVER said:

This was definitely a surprise hit of 2021 and enjoyed every minute of getting the platinum. Would not mind returning if the expansion is fun and some possible new trophies! 

Not even close, both the devs and publisher confirmed this game was a massive flop that lost millions so no royalties have been paid to the devs.

52 minutes ago, KILLIN_REVOLVER said:

That’s true, but it doesn’t take away my enjoyment from buying and playing the game 

I agree with you the game was surprisingly fun and different from all the other looter shooter type games.  Really liked how the skills and abilities were the bread and butter rather than gunplay.  Taking down swarms of enemies all around you with one use of an ability felt quite nice.    This game failed because it's not Destiny or Borderlands or something with a big name behind it.  Although i'd argue it was more fun than  most if not all looter shooters i have played.  i've played quite a few.  Actually looking forward to playing it again.

Some info on the auto pop - I got all 3 new trophies on the ps5 stack. Only 2 of them auto popped on the PS4. I had to redo the ‘button masher’ trophy. 

Strange it works like that as every other trophy will auto pop but at least it only takes a couple of minutes to do again. 

6 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Some info on the auto pop - I got all 3 new trophies on the ps5 stack. Only 2 of them auto popped on the PS4. I had to redo the ‘button masher’ trophy. 

Strange it works like that as every other trophy will auto pop but at least it only takes a couple of minutes to do again. 

How long did you wait before going on the ps4 to pop the trophies? When I got the platinum, the last trophy didn't pop so I just waited a few minutes and then the cloud save updated. 

Agree with the folks above as this was definitely my biggest surprise of the year along with guardians of the galaxy. Was prepared for the worst before launch as it looked rather low budget and the beta wasn't exactly the best showcase for anything other than the gameplay but I was proven wrong once it launched, just a fuck ton of fun to play. Was eagerly waiting for new content or an expansion to be added so now is the time to jump back in. 

Does anyone know the best way to level up expedition level. I am currently at level 6, but u get the feeling my equipment is not strong enough to get to level 12 for the dlc. My best weapon is currently at ~14k

Just now, Jaquerjaques said:

Does anyone know the best way to level up expedition level. I am currently at level 6, but u get the feeling my equipment is not strong enough to get to level 12 for the dlc. My best weapon is currently at ~14k

Would also like to know this 

1 hour ago, Jaquerjaques said:

You'll need to grind story mode till you're world level 15 before going through expeditions.  

10 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

You'll need to grind story mode till you're world level 15 before going through expeditions.  

This is absolutely not true, other than having your gear being a little stronger for when you get access to the end game, there is no link between world level & expedition level, they are entirely separate.

1 hour ago, Jaquerjaques said:

Your power level & survivability is dictated by your current average gear level. So ideally you'll want to work out which tier you're able to comfortably clear with your current gear & get your average gear level to the cap for that tier either by using the materials you get to upgrade your existing gear or by equipping new gear you have drop. Once you do that, move up 1 or even 2 more tiers depending how comfortable you are doing so. Each time you increase your average level, your health, fire power & anamoly power all get a permanent increase.

I was at average level 42 when New Horizons came out Tuesday evening, I'm now at 46/46 giving me access to Tier 11 & it's only taken me about 4 hours to raise that. Soon as I clear a Tier 11 map now, I'll have access to Tier 12.

Playing solo is actually harder as you can't self revive which to this day is still a bizarre dev decision. Your best bet is to either join a random game in expeditions through matchmaking (you'll always be paired up with people within 2 levels of you, a maximum of 2 lower or 2 higher or even at the same level) or start your own expedition with your lobby privacy set to open so people can matchmake into your game.

9 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

This is absolutely not true, other than having your gear being a little stronger for when you get access to the end game, there is no link between world level & expedition level, they are entirely separate.

Every world tier you advance through will get you a lootbox with better gear and a legendary weapon if I'm remembering correctly, that can slightly help getting you the average gear level you need to have an easier time tackling your first few expeditions. It's how I did it when the game came out not sure why it would be any different unless they changed something? 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

Hi

The last expedition cost a lot of resource to launch at tier 12.

And with matchmaking i can't find anyone... :(

When you join a team in expedition, does it consumes your resources too ?

On 11/22/2021 at 4:57 PM, Ashesheart said:

Hi

The last expedition cost a lot of resource to launch at tier 12.

And with matchmaking i can't find anyone... :(

When you join a team in expedition, does it consumes your resources too ?

Once you get to the higher tiers, the rewards for completing expeditions are upwards of 40k drop pod resources per run. So not super expensive when you work your way up. 

On 11/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

Every world tier you advance through will get you a lootbox with better gear and a legendary weapon if I'm remembering correctly, that can slightly help getting you the average gear level you need to have an easier time tackling your first few expeditions. It's how I did it when the game came out not sure why it would be any different unless they changed something? 

That’s true, but I was world tier 13 and ended up getting to challenge tier 13 before finishing up my world tier stuff. By that point, the rewards from the world tier were under leveled compared to the gear I was getting out of expeditions, and running around story points to max out the world tier was a joke it was so easy to run through with the gear I had. Once you get over the hurdles in expeditions the world tier rewards aren’t worth it comparably. 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:14 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

Would also like to know this 

Just a matter of finishing an expedition at your current max available tier. When you do, the next tier opens up. Leveling gear and stats along the way is the grind, but a week back into the game and I’m at max challenge tier with max level gear, so now it’s just a matter of seeing if I can find some better gear to replace the current stuff with for my play style. 
That final expedition with the 40k resource pod cost is a nightmare though. Went at it once with a random group and we got decimated pretty quickly. 

15 hours ago, OldManLinderman said:

Once you get to the higher tiers, the rewards for completing expeditions are upwards of 40k drop pod resources per run. So not super expensive when you work your way up. 

That’s true, but I was world tier 13 and ended up getting to challenge tier 13 before finishing up my world tier stuff. By that point, the rewards from the world tier were under leveled compared to the gear I was getting out of expeditions, and running around story points to max out the world tier was a joke it was so easy to run through with the gear I had. Once you get over the hurdles in expeditions the world tier rewards aren’t worth it comparably. 

Just a matter of finishing an expedition at your current max available tier. When you do, the next tier opens up. Leveling gear and stats along the way is the grind, but a week back into the game and I’m at max challenge tier with max level gear, so now it’s just a matter of seeing if I can find some better gear to replace the current stuff with for my play style. 
That final expedition with the 40k resource pod cost is a nightmare though. Went at it once with a random group and we got decimated pretty quickly. 

Thanks for this. Someone ended up carrying me haha, but I appreciate it. 

I just booted up the game again to go for the DLC trophies. Right when I enter my first gunfight, I noticed my sensitivity settings are way high.
I've decreased them from 10 to 5, both horizontally as vertically, and it improved a lot.
But are there any recommended settings to use for all the sensitivity options?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, kantera said:

I just booted up the game again to go for the DLC trophies. Right when I enter my first gunfight, I noticed my sensitivity settings are way high.
I've decreased them from 10 to 5, both horizontally as vertically, and it improved a lot.
But are there any recommended settings to use for all the sensitivity options?

Thanks!

yep I had this too, I thought it was 120fps on my new OLED TV (switched after launch, didn’t have a capable TV before) but then checked sensitivity and it was maxed. 7 was perfect for me. 

8 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

yep I had this too, I thought it was 120fps on my new OLED TV (switched after launch, didn’t have a capable TV before) but then checked sensitivity and it was maxed. 7 was perfect for me. 

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it was crazy when I touched my analog sticks, I was spinning wildly :p. After I closed the game yesterday and went back to the lobby, I pressed "Back to Defaults" on "Controls" and it put my sensitivity back to 6 for both horizontally and vertically. I will try again tonight. I've only booted up the game yesterday after being away for like 7 months. What's the current max level? My stats say average level 39. Are weapons and gear max at 40? And any recommendations for a Pyromancer build and the best gear / weapons / skills / mods to use?
Or any site where an ultimate build for pyromancer is explained? That way I can grind for that setup :).

Thanks everyone!

On 17/11/2021 at 4:18 PM, BIackgate said:

How long did you wait before going on the ps4 to pop the trophies? When I got the platinum, the last trophy didn't pop so I just waited a few minutes and then the cloud save updated. 

Slow response - my bad!

The trophies popped at the lobby screen within a few seconds. I didn’t wait it out. I just launched the mission straight away and did button masher again

On 12/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, Warlord99956 said:

Slow response - my bad!

The trophies popped at the lobby screen within a few seconds. I didn’t wait it out. I just launched the mission straight away and did button masher again

I came across what you described. That trophy doesn't pop when you load a save on another platform. At least it's easy lol