Closing / Locking Threads

Our usergroup doesn't have the necessary permissions to lock our threads.

Right now the only way would be to either send a PM to English_Para (or Sly), or simply hit the report button and request it.

Now, whether our usergroup should have the ability to lock our own threads is another matter...

Right now the only way would be to either send a PM to English_Para (or Sly), or simply hit the report button and request it.

Now, whether our usergroup should have the ability to lock our own threads is another matter...

The only problem it ever created on other sites I frequented was when a mod locked a thread and some moron OP re-opened it, so if that can be prevented, then it's probably a good feature to have.

Yeah unfortunately, I have seen in the past how its been abused, was just hoping to save Admins/Mods time by clearing up behind myself.

As long as I know, thats all that matters. Cheers Parker.

i think there should be a limit to it, if mods/admins close threads, then only mods/admins can re-open it, but we could be able to close our own threads and re-open it if mods/admins didn't close it.

Its easy enough when we have this many members for myself and Sly to do the closing of the threads, however once we have more members its so much easier letting the OP close their own thread when they've received the answer/feedback they require.

Problem i've faced in the past is when a mod closes a thread the OP has always had the option to go and re-open it which to be frank, pisses myself and the other mods off that i've worked with.

IF theres a way for the OP to open and close his own thread but take away that option when a member of staff does it to their thread, then im all for it.

If there's a way for the OP to open and close his own thread but take away that option when a member of staff does it to their thread, then I'm all for it.

Yep, seconded. Hopefully IPB's permissions system is better than vB's, so this can work.

• 5 weeks later...

i think there should be a limit to it, if mods/admins close threads, then only mods/admins can re-open it, but we could be able to close our own threads and re-open it if mods/admins didn't close it.

this makes sense. now there are 2 threads that I need closing. umm. I will PM a Mod/Adm but if this post is read before then here are the 2 threads. " here " and " here ". I'm sorry, but still learning to navigate site. I will refrain from making any other threads until I'm more formiliar with site. thanks.