Skate 2 Servers Are Shutting down

Ghost-Zeus514

Additionally, we’re providing a heads up that on December 10, 2021, we will be turning off the Skate 2 online servers for PlayStation and Xbox. It’s not an easy decision and not something we take lightly.

Link to tweet:https://twitter.com/skateEA/status/1460313441898414082?t=saJtI7rbVF918CFxe1lPug&s=19

Edited by DaivRules
Embedded image of tweet

5 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I'd assume December 15th, but I'll put it on 10th.

Does anybody know if the GER version servers are still up? Most recent online trophy there (from the obtainable ones) was on the beginning of 2020.

As long as you earned them on the regular one, they should pop there. Some trophies do stack, but the ones you have to redo I believe are Freeskate.

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Would be nice if they switch on ranked mode to pop trophies again in Skate 2 until the shutdown. The only one I'm missing for the online. 

That wouldn’t make sense this late into its life cycle, nor will it be fair to those of us who got the online done way back when.

17 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Skate 2 is already unplatinable, so not a big deal there.

Yup

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

18 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

As long as you earned them on the regular one, they should pop there. Some trophies do stack, but the ones you have to redo I believe are Freeskate.

That wouldn’t make sense this late into its life cycle, nor will it be fair to those of us who got the online done way back when.

Yup

You and I have Skate 2 platinums so it’s mean we can earn one more in German version or there is already unobtainable trophies even for people who already have 100% in regular version?

17 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

You and I have Skate 2 platinums so it’s mean we can earn one more in German version or there is already unobtainable trophies even for people who already have 100% in regular version?

I forget the actual trophies that stack off hand, as I based it off of word of mouth and from a friend’s list, but I’m pretty sure the create stuff isn’t included.

Edit: Just checked his list, all 3 rank LBs will stack after playing online, doesn’t matter if it’s Freeskate or ranked.

Everything else will have to be done independently, so technically it’s still unobtainable.

On 16.11.2021 at 6:40 PM, shaunnn191 said:

I'm going to test this as soon as I can, I have the regular Platinum and also own 2 German copies of the game which I have been meaning to self boost for a while.

I tried with 1 German copy and 1 regular PAL copy a couple years ago and I couldn't match with my boosting account.

The Russian release also has the stackable trophies but it is in English. That would be the one to get if you can, so you don't have the play with the google translate app.

Ok,thanks. Let us know 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Skate-Games/Skate-2-online-servers-Community-Servers-not-working/m-p/11005010#M7423

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Skate-Games/Skate-1-amp-2/td-p/11010565

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Skate-Games/Skate-2-3-Servers-and-Trophies/td-p/10111673

Edited by pavelbagirov

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

According to EA's server shutdown list the date should be the 15th, hopefully.

The servers are so messed up though, my main PSN account still can't get into ranked events (whereas my boosting account can), making ' Pwn some n00bs' and ' Skater's Choice ' unobtainable for me at the moment.

I also get disconnected from freeskate challenges randomly between 1-4 minutes... making the freeskate challenges very frustrating and time consuming (as I basically have to restart the game after each disconnect)  if not impossible to complete them all.

Good luck to anyone attempting to finish these trophies.

Nice.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli

19 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

Awesome news. I can confirm that If you are already an Online legend in the normal Skate 2 release, The 3 rank trophies will all autopop as soon as you complete a single Freeskate Challenge! (in order of Gold, Silver then Bronze) Check my profile

EA support were useless by the way, I was on a online Chat with someone for about an hour today with the end result was the employee telling me Skate 2 is now classed as 'sunset', but they mentioned the servers will close on December 15th...(and not December 10th) apparently.

After trial and error I found out how to get online if you are having issues with EA Nation.

1. When you start the game press O to cancel connecting to EA Nation.

2. Start/continue the career mode.

3. Press 'Select' then select the top item of connect to EA nation (not sure of the exact  English working as I'm playing the German release right now (and I can't read German lol)

4. You should then be connected online.

5. I then sent an invite from my second account that was already in a Online Freeskate., and accepted.

This was the reply from EA by the way

But community trophies still impossible to earn?

4 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

Sadly they are still impossible to earn I believe. My online has just started working more stable so I have just finished testing them all.

These are the results:

Skate Reel will now load for me, but it says ' no material available'.

Community Gallery loads but says 'no spots to display'

The create-a spot will allow me to create a spot, but when I try to save and upload it loads to 100%, but then shows an error saying 'There was an error with EA Nation. Please try again later'.

This is all with the German version at least. 

This means The Critic, Dethrowned and The Architect are still unobtainable.

I have been able to connect to ranked matches now so I was able to earn Pwn some n00bs. I just need to find one more person to earn Skater's Choice and then continue the Freeskate.

Sad, but thanks for the answer 

3 hours ago, G2F4U said:

It is officialy the 15th of december in Germany, but so far so good. The Servers still work and hopefully continue to work for a couple more hours.

EA is in California, not Germany. It's still the 14th. I imagine all versions will shut down at the same time, not by region. If the shut down at the start of the business day tomorrow, that would give you 13-14 or so more hours. 

Even if it shouts down at Midnight Cali time, that's 5 hours. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

6 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

EA is in California, not Germany. It's still the 14th. I imagine all versions will shut down at the same time, not by region. If the shut down at the start of the business day tomorrow, that would give you 13-14 or so more hours. 

Even if it shouts down at Midnight Cali time, that's 5 hours. 

Well obviously i know that, i'm so sorry that i still wanted to give you guys a heads up. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:44 AM, HuntingFever said:

Are the servers still up?

Pretty sure. I’m having trouble connecting to the server. So, it’s either offline or something else is up

Edit: Added a screenshot to the guide showcasing that I can’t sign in to the servers.

• Like 1