Servers are going offline 2022

observadorpt

I mean the devs are still pushing Alpha 20 for this game on PC with no mention of server shutdowns on their Twitter and fairly certain on console it uses a peer to peer framework, unless there is some other functionality I'm unaware of that 7 Days needs a "host" server?

To add I found this while googling, information from a stream this user had watched.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25103-7-days-to-die-console-edition-happenings/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, observadorpt said:

So why this is listed in the forum in server closures? something here is wrong.

It's listed simply because it uses the gamespark server service and that service is ending. This means that all games using it are "in danger", but most will probably be migrated to a new service.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The kills are possible in singleplayer on an older version, depatching digital games with the Charles method will make the platinum 100% obtainable even after shutdown. + Depatching will make possible to do all 2500 player kills in an hour, cutting down the other 15 (it took me 16 hours with a 1 hit kill with spawns next to each other). 

Feel free to do some googleing as well. This depatch is a bit tehnical and takes 30 minutes. 

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 4:13 AM, Prometheous101 said:

The kills are possible in singleplayer on an older version, depatching digital games with the Charles method will make the platinum 100% obtainable even after shutdown. + Depatching will make possible to do all 2500 player kills in an hour, cutting down the other 15 (it took me 16 hours with a 1 hit kill with spawns next to each other). 

Feel free to do some googleing as well. This depatch is a bit tehnical and takes 30 minutes. 

Is it possible to get those 2500 kills and earn any other trophy that require another person with the latest patch in singleplayer/playing solo?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, Deceptrox said:

Is it possible to get those 2500 kills and earn any other trophy that require another person with the latest patch in singleplayer/playing solo?

You cannot gain the player kills solo while on the latest patch. 

Either get a player to help you out with the 2.5 k kills or de-patch it to the required version for the trader glitch. 

I know there was a time where you could have gotten player kills with a split-screen player, but I am pretty sure thats the same version as the trader glitch. 

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2022 at 1:29 PM, Prometheous101 said:

You cannot gain the player kills solo while on the latest patch. 

Either get a player to help you out wth the 2.5 k kills or depatch it to the required version for the trader glitch. 

I know there was a time where you could have gotten player kills with a splitscreen player, but I am pretty sure thats the same version as the trader glitch. 

Is the game possible and easy on version 1.0 disc version? Or should I get these done before server closure and try to get patch 1.16?

5 hours ago, ixcoh said:

Is the game possible and easy on version 1.0 disc version? Or should I get these done before server closure and try to get patch 1.16?

I have no info about 1.0.0. ,but I would recommend doing this before the shutdown if you can. Technically speaking platinum should be possible after the shutdown if all trophies are singleplayer friendly as they seem. No trophies mentioned multiplayer except the 2.5 player kills which should be possible after shutdown.

Its up to you, like I said, I dont know anything about 1.0.0. since I never played the that version.

Depatching is a lot less effort than boosting it for 16 hours, I can tell you that much.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Evil25Illusion said:

So, to clarify... Are the servers still currently active as of April 17th, 2023? I just bought the game today. I want to try getting the platinum trophy for this title within three-to-six months. I hope the servers stay up for a little while, at the very least. Thank you. 

Yes, the servers are still very much alive and kicking. Whatever was shutdown as part of the GameSparks closure, didn't affect the game one iota :).

• Like 2