Special Operations difficulty

samy002

26 minutes ago, samy002 said:

Hi all, can somebody tell me if Special Operation difficulty adapts to the number of players? 

Just want to know if it would be easier to complete those Mastery 3 difficulty with a coop partner?

Thanks

The difficulty seems to be a bit easier but the 3 lives are shared between you - much better to go solo imo (it's not difficult, just trial and error)

If you have good gear and a partner who can hold their own its really easy hell i killed almost every enemy myself even on mastery 3 is the survival ending part for every mission while my friend just sat in the shade with the bomb and made sure to get me if downed.

Edited by ScumbagJosh93

Stay solo, because if your partner will die 3 times, you have no lives left. And difficulty of Master 3 is about 5/10, it's pretty easy if you know where to go and where to stay at the end, when fighting waves of enemies. Always stick to the shadows, they are your best friend here. Take your time, don't rush anything, always kill all enemies in camp before you get to water. There are always some shadow spots where you can camp. You can rush a little when going to the last zone, because it takes a little bit to spawn enemies, so you can cool down device and get some ammo. Don't bother with rescuing bandidos for Lola, it's just a waste of time and you can die there easily. 

I did everything solo with SSGP-58 (normal one, overclocked sucks actually). Just make sure to mod it with increased damage when aiming and vampire mod. Have some explosive weapon, like granade launcher (overclokced is very good) or rocket launcher. For helicopter I was always using HMG (Heavy Machine Gun), with a explosive rounds mod. It will take them i no time, so no point in wasting rockets. When tanks shows up, you can just spam it with granades/rockets, or go behind it (weak point) and just shoot it with normal weapons or heavy ones. I used healing Supremo, because you have free revive when you die. For gadgets, stick with healing granades (you never know), claymore and some granades/mines for tanks (last resort).

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Stay solo, because if your partner will die 3 times, you have no lives left. And difficulty of Master 3 is about 5/10, it's pretty easy if you know where to go and where to stay at the end, when fighting waves of enemies. Always stick to the shadows, they are your best friend here. Take your time, don't rush anything, always kill all enemies in camp before you get to water. There are always some shadow spots where you can camp. You can rush a little when going to the last zone, because it takes a little bit to spawn enemies, so you can cool down device and get some ammo. Don't bother with rescuing bandidos for Lola, it's just a waste of time and you can die there easily. 

I did everything solo with SSGP-58 (normal one, overclocked sucks actually). Just make sure to mod it with increased damage when aiming and vampire mod. Have some explosive weapon, like granade launcher (overclokced is very good) or rocket launcher. For helicopter I was always using HMG (Heavy Machine Gun), with a explosive rounds mod. It will take them i no time, so no point in wasting rockets. When tanks shows up, you can just spam it with granades/rockets, or go behind it (weak point) and just shoot it with normal weapons or heavy ones. I used healing Supremo, because you have free revive when you die. For gadgets, stick with healing granades (you never know), claymore and some granades/mines for tanks (last resort).

Thanks for these tips. Any tips for gunpowder? End-game, but I wasted my gunpowder on crappy mods. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

25 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Thanks for these tips. Any tips for gunpowder? End-game, but I wasted my gunpowder on crappy mods. 

SSGP-58 (normal one, not overclocked):

- AP Ammo

- Good silencer and scope

- MOD: Increased damage when aiming

- MOD: Increased damage to enemies with low HP

- MOD: Vampire, when shooting you get HP back

- Don't bother with overclocked one, as it sucks. It has one less mod and exactly the same damage (dunno what's the point that version).

Desert Eagle:

- Poison or AP Ammo

- Silencer and cope is optional here, just pick what you want

- MOD: Reload all weapons when reload this weapon (very important)

- Rest of mods just as you like, you will be using this weapon just to reload heavy weapons.

MG42:

- Blast Rounds (for helicopters)

- MOD: Vampire

- MOD: Improved aimed damage

- Rest is up to you. I used this weapon just to take down helis.

Granade Launcher (overclocked one bought from Lola):

- It has fixed mods, so you can't change much here. It has great damage vs vehicles so it's a nice additon.

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ScumbagJosh93 said:

If you have good gear and a partner who can hold their own its really easy hell i killed almost every enemy myself even on mastery 3 is the survival ending part for every mission while my friend just sat in the shade with the bomb and made sure to get me if downed.

Need to add you as a friend ?

Hate it when developers release DLC updates super early and you can’t earn the trophies/achievements. Been waiting a hot minute for Puerta Del Eden to become available. 

6 hours ago, jay_horror said:

Got through the first two by myself solo. Maceo was terrible though those flamethrowers were a pain. Used the guide on the forum to have my set up near that and got through Maceo on the third try. 

yeh the flamethrowers suck, although my issue was more that dying was putting me in infinite loading loops. The Vaas Insanity update largely fixed it for me. Maceo is the only one where I lost a life, actually found getting to extraction harder than the stand off. For the stand off, just move from roof to roof every now and then for ammo/to distance. 

• Like 1

On 22-11-2021 at 8:31 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

Hate it when developers release DLC updates super early and you can’t earn the trophies/achievements. Been waiting a hot minute for Puerta Del Eden to become available. 

yeh the flamethrowers suck, although my issue was more that dying was putting me in infinite loading loops. The Vaas Insanity update largely fixed it for me. Maceo is the only one where I lost a life, actually found getting to extraction harder than the stand off. For the stand off, just move from roof to roof every now and then for ammo/to distance. 

Just a quick note for anyone who is struggling with Maceo on Master Difficulty 3: you can activate the following Rank 1 recipe from La Cantina:

• Flambe Fajitas: Improves fire defense and when on fire, the flames are automatically extinguished.

This helped me a lot and made Maceo easier on the hardest difficulty.

Good luck!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, kantera said:

Just a quick note for anyone who is struggling with Maceo on Master Difficulty 3: you can activate the following Rank 1 recipe from La Cantina:

• Flambe Fajitas: Improves fire defense and when on fire, the flames are automatically extinguished.

This helped me a lot and made Maceo easier on the hardest difficulty.

Good luck!

This is also good for the newest Special Ops Mission: Puerta del Edén. There are lots of fire guys who wanna burn your a** :D

• Like 1

Got all 5 done now, and I vastly overrated the difficulty in one of my earlier posts on another FC6 forum. I think it's a 4/10 difficulty solo - I'd say I even enjoyed Mastery 3 challenge wise (aside from the infinite loading screen, which are still a huge issue for me). The DLC guide on here does an amazing job in recommending a set-up, that set up (MP5 not Eldrich Truth as I couldn't get it on the black market) was a complete lifesaver. Strongly recommend reading it. Without a plan, these can suck, but with the right weapons and strategy, they are pretty easy. 

Additional Mastery 3 Tips:

- La Varita + Stealth supremo makes vehicles one-shots and trivial, and for this reason, I'd strongly recommend save them for tanks and choppers  preferably with some ground enemies around as well.  Choppers/tanks usually spawn around the middle and after 80%You don't want to get to 80%, then have 2 choppers and/or tanks you need to take out without this combo but have no supremo meter. Happened to me more than once, although I brute forced it. The exception is Puerta del Eden - ignore this advise for that map, there aren't any vehicles at any point or at any difficulty level! Just use these as and when you get them, prioritising flamers. 

- The La Varita + Stealth Supremo combo allows you to shoot through walls and one-hit kill any enemy, but it only goes through 1 wall/obstacle at a time, not 2! Took me a while to realist this, but if you're finding your shots aren't landing, it's because you're trying to shoot through a rock/wall AND the vehicle armour. Make sure it's a 'clean line' between you and the tank/chopper with just 1 'barrier' (e.g. the armour of the vehicle) and you should be able to one hit the driver/gunner.

- Move around maps, learning shade spots, so you can prioritise killing/not being over-whelmed > water cooling. You have plenty of time to cool-down in virtually any spot on most stand offs when waiting for extraction - possibly aside from Maceo, where you need to actively watch more as there isn't much shade. Unless you're at the 10 second to death heating countdown, always prioritise the kill. You're nearly always seconds away from cooling from any position at extraction, aside from Maceo, where I'd say to make it a 50/50 priority (cooling is on roofs, which require ladders, which take multiple seconds - although I'd recommend going from roof to roof here anyway). I'd fail earlier attempts because I'd camp by water - e.g. on Mesozoico's free falling water pool - rather than moving around and taking out enemies, and would get overwhelmed.

- Move quickly, but don't obsess over the PX-240's heat en-route back. Run back without any weapon - or the PX-240 - equipped, and with the Parkour armour. You'll move very fast. You may have the odd over-heating fail, but generally speaking, most maps have more than enough water sources en-route back. By far the hardest to stay cool on is Maceo, its the only one I died a few times because water spots are a bit too spread out for my liking. 

- Mastery 1, 2 and 3 all have the same overheating speed, it doesn't increase like enemy difficulty. Standard is slower, but past Mastery 1, its the same situation regarding overheating. It's a good idea to make a route of which water spots you'll hit whilst doing Standard, Mastery 1 and 2 ready for your Mastery 3 run. 

- Optional, but it is sometimes easier to purposely die after getting the PX-240 rather than fight your way out. I only did this twice, but if you die after getting the key, you spawn in front of the PX-240 with no enemies around. You shouldn't die in combat at the end if you are disciplined and strategic, so even on Mastery Level 3 this wasted life shouldn't matter. The only catch is around 1 in every 3 times I did this, I'd get an infinite loading screen and just never respawn, an issue which plagued my time with Spec Ops. I think this is an issue around quick resume on Xbox, so you guys might be good. 

On 24/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Special Ops Mission: Puerta del Edén. There are lots of fire guys who wanna burn your a** :D

Yep, second this regarding Puerta del Eden. Having said that, the last stand is pretty easy with no vehicles around compared to the other 4 maps on any difficulty level, and you get get to the PX-240 pretty quickly as you can wingsuit half the map right from the spawn. Also, there is a lot of cover/shadow.

Flamers do suck, though found a beneficial glitch where if you cool down the PX-240 before being flamed, and you get flamed whilst cooling down, you don't take any damage from it. So, if you need to cool down, and see a flamer enemy around, you should be able to ignore it as long as you cool before contact. It's not foolproof, but I found it worked more often than not. I sometimes would even idle there after it was max cooled if I was - say -  below 50% health, instead of wasting a health pack so I could heal up. You'll take a bit of damage/heat immediately after, but in relative terms you're better off. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3