Newfound Power Trophy bug ?

Hi,

i found the suspicious doctor many times and i choose different characters each time :

- The protagonist : 3 times, he got damage

- Mar : 3 times, he got damage

- Melanie : 3  times, she got damage

- Ridi : 2 times, got a potion

- Bruno : 1 time, got a potion

And no trophy. All my characters are level 30. I finish the game, saw the four endings. It is my last trophy with Master Gambler to have to win the platinum.

• 1 month later...

I'm leaving this response as a note for future trophy hunters. I got this to pop after ~2 hrs of farming on NG+. I've checked reddit, gamefaqs, and any other guides and none mention an optimal method, so here's how I did it.

1. Only attempt on NG+ with the Evilbane Ring equipped to skip random encounters. You obtain this by simply starting NG+. 
  2. Progress the story until you just reach Thriceton in the first area. 
  3. Southwest of Thriceton is a vertical section of brick road. Repeatedly travel back and forth on ONLY these tiles, I chose this as it's easiest to move back and forth vertically. Keep at it until the suspicious doctor event triggers. With this method, I can get the suspicious doctor event to trigger every 2-3 times an event occurs, sometimes even consecutively.
  4. When given the option to choose a character to give the medicine to, choose any character. There are three possible outcomes, and I'm convinced it's pure RNG, character selection doesn't matter, and the chances of success are likely around 1-5% given the farming times myself and others have experienced. 
    1. Item/Payment. Doctor gives you an item or you pay the doctor, but no skill is acquired. (No trophy pop).
    2. Damage. Medicine backfires and the character takes 10 damage with no skill acquired. (No trophy pop).
    3. Success. You obtain the skill and the trophy pops. 

Others have noted success with other farming locations, but I personally believe my method is the fastest. Either the event pool was less convenient to cancel out of OR the doctor spawned less frequently. In any case, I don't think story progression, character selection, or repeatedly picking a character had anything to do with success, but I will say that I attempted to give every character the medicine at least 1-2x's. then it procced on Melanie on the 2nd attempt. 

Happy hunting! Remember, power is power. 

Edited by bearbear245
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2022 at 6:11 PM, bearbear245 said:

I'm leaving this response as a note for future trophy hunters. I got this to pop after ~2 hrs of farming on NG+. I've checked reddit, gamefaqs, and any other guides and none mention an optimal method, so here's how I did it.

1. Only attempt on NG+ with the Evilbane Ring equipped to skip random encounters. You obtain this by simply starting NG+. 
  2. Progress the story until you just reach Thriceton in the first area. 
  3. Southwest of Thriceton is a vertical section of brick road. Repeatedly travel back and forth on ONLY these tiles, I chose this as it's easiest to move back and forth vertically. Keep at it until the suspicious doctor event triggers. With this method, I can get the suspicious doctor event to trigger every 2-3 times an event occurs, sometimes even consecutively.
  4. When given the option to choose a character to give the medicine to, choose any character. There are three possible outcomes, and I'm convinced it's pure RNG, character selection doesn't matter, and the chances of success are likely around 1-5% given the farming times myself and others have experienced. 
    1. Item/Payment. Doctor gives you an item or you pay the doctor, but no skill is acquired. (No trophy pop).
    2. Damage. Medicine backfires and the character takes 10 damage with no skill acquired. (No trophy pop).
    3. Success. You obtain the skill and the trophy pops. 

Others have noted success with other farming locations, but I personally believe my method is the fastest. Either the event pool was less convenient to cancel out of OR the doctor spawned less frequently. In any case, I don't think story progression, character selection, or repeatedly picking a character had anything to do with success, but I will say that I attempted to give every character the medicine at least 1-2x's. then it procced on Melanie on the 2nd attempt. 

Happy hunting! Remember, power is power. 

THANK YOU!

this is the right way to do it

I've been on it thankfully only for half an hour but getting any straight info about how to get the skill is a nightmare

The guide on PSNP here is great but it does not mention if you need to be at a certain part of the story or not

YOU DON'T just keep at it

Melanie was also the one that god it for me, btw

• Like 1