Elder Scrolls 6 to be exclusive to xbox and pc

SnowxSakura

Phil Spencer, Head Executive of Microsoft’s Xbox Gaming Division, revealed in an interview with GQ magazine that The Elder Scrolls VI will release exclusively on Xbox and PC. Spencer revealed this information when talking about the Xbox and PC exclusive Starfield, which will release sometime in 2022. However, a potential release date for The Elder Scrolls VI is still unknown.

https://www.siliconera.com/the-elder-scrolls-vi-will-exclusively-release-on-pc-and-xbox/

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/xbox-phil-spencer-todd-howard-interview

• Like 4

I'm hoping by the time it comes out... 4? 5 years? that XCloud will be a viable option. That way, I can play it on a laptop or iPad or something with a DualSense without having to spring for a Series S/X. 

And hey, I'm sure Xbox fans have been sad about stuff being exclusive to PS over the years, so... it's hard to get too upset about this. It is what it is. I'm going to find a way to play it.

Edited by danistheguy
  • Like 1

In the short term - of course . Obviously.

In the long term... well... 

...We'll see.

If it doesn't shift a significant enough number of new Gamepass subs / X-Boxes, I doubt that'll be the final word on the matter :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney

5 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

ironic......posts the only toxic response in this thread

The thread is only 20 minutes old, eventually it's gonna become a shit storm that the mods will have to close. Brace yourselves! As far as I'm concerned with gaming and exclusives and whatnot, I don't care which platform other people play, I dislike the console war mentality, but with all the anti-consumer decisions Sony makes on a yearly basis I like seeing their competitors get the edge on something. This will drive up sales of the Xbox Series S and Series X because that's what exclusives are supposed to do or people will be buying a PC. At least it's a single player game so none of the features will be disabled for newer players or there will be no disadvantage to playing it later and by the time it comes I'd like to think that scalping for the new Xbox will be gone and retailers will have them in abundance. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Complaining about this would be hypocritical, considering almost no one was complaining when Playstation has tons of exclusives. So this is fine, you win some, you lose some. Each platform has its benefits, and as someone who enjoys gaming in general and not the piece of plastic I play on, I think this is fine. Although I only own a PS3 and PS4 at the moment, I would love to get into PC gaming, and I have been saving up for a while to get a nice PC, so maybe one day if ES6 is truly a masterpiece, I'll be able to give it a try. 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter cause Playstation have the "best exclusives"

Jokes asides, I would love if they do something like 1 year exclusive for this one but, depending on the state of the game ESO VI is a console seller game by his own for people who doesn't want to get into pc gaming.

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

Sadly, saw this coming after Microsoft bought out Bethesda for an eye-watering figure. 

It is a shame that I won't be able to earn trophies on it, and I question their decision to channel the so many years of multi-platform gaming onto one 'platform' and PC.

Then again, this is business, and will inevitably bring so many people to their platform. Even if there is a backlash, they will still bring people in their thousands (at least) across to experience it.

In a way, I am ok with XBox having such a huge exclusive. Yeah, I love Sony but I am not a fanboy and I quite like competition as it drives for new and exciting things.

18 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'm sure in 2030 once it finally releases, everyone can be sad. And then in 2034, it'll come to PlayStation. 

That said, I couldn't care less. I don't really like the idea of exclusives, but I really don't like Elder Scrolls, let alone Bethesda developed games in general. 

Haha yeah, I'll wait for the 10th anniversary edition a decade later ? 

Man this reminds me of resident evil 4! If only that wasnt exclusive to Nintendo gamecube  but capcom and Nintendo had a business deal which never changes:(. 

Honestly as a fan of RPG more than Bethesda's last few games I dont really think much was lost (especially if the ps mod scene for es6 is the same as it is for skyrim)