Elder Scrolls 6 to be exclusive to xbox and pc

SnowxSakura

When the game releases as a broken mess like all Bethesda games do we'll have collectively dodged a bullet with our wallets, while getting the benefit of the definitive edition that actually works a couple years later since nothing actually stays console exclusive anymore

• Like 1

I really hope it arrives on PS eventually. Bethesda can build some great worlds and I’m sad I will be missing out. 
That being said, I’ve bought many Bethesda games and they will now be missing out on my wallet and play time. Yeh yeh before those three negative individuals on the forum get all ‘bluh they don’t need ur money, big companies don’t care about you idiot’ I’m sure when enough of us move away from the company they may realise what they have lost. 

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about this since it could be decades before ES6 releases ? By that time we don't know what will have happened, maybe things will change or exclusivity will be timed. Even if not, Ill probably just pay for gamepass and play the game on PC. I feel bad or people who dont have an Xbox or a PC, but for the most part gamepass is pretty accessible. 

As others have said, this is not entirely surprising after Microsoft’s acquisition of Zenimax Media some time ago. The one thing that has always given PlayStation a major edge over X-box in the console market was the number and high quality of the exclusive games available, because we all know it isn’t the quality of services or the customer service we got over here lol. After forking out billions of dollars in that deal you’d have to expect Microsoft was trying to gain a competitive edge on Sony and bag some of those big Bethesda titles for themselves. I’d also expect they will be making more moves like this in the future.

Regardless of this being expected news though, this is still a bummer for me. I really loved Oblivion on PS3 back in the day, and Skyrim was one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences I’ve had with an RPG and one of my very first platinum trophies. For all it’s janky charm, I have nothing but great memories playing that game and have personally been looking forward to Elder Scrolls IV for a long time. ☹️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I thought Skyrim was fun but too buggy to earn half of the praise it received. I'm sure some people are sad, but this isn't a big deal or a shocker to me. Besides, MS had to make something exclusive from that library.

Now if the next mainline Fallout or Doom game was exclusive, I would be upset.

They will be, Microsoft didn't spend that kind of money to keep Bethesda making multiplat games.

After Ghostwire Tokyo comes out that will be the last Bethesda game on Sony platforms.

Well seeing how many exclusives eventually got released on other platforms I wouldn't call it quits just yet, even tho I don't personally care much for Elder Scrolls it's nice to see the Ecboc getting decent exclusives...if that really comes to be that is, but to ve completely honest I wish every game was release for everything so people can enjoy them in their favorite platform I would love to platinum Zelda if that was a thing.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Disappointing, I play a lot of their output and if they don't come to PlayStation I'll never play them. I'm both not surprised, they spent big bucks on it, and surprised because they are leaving a huge amount of money on the table if they don't release them at some point, even years down the line.

What surprises me more though is that there is just nothing else like The Elder Scrolls/Fallout out there. Like none. The Outer Worlds which Microsoft also bought ?‍♂️ You'd think a series as wildly successful as The Elder Scrolls would inspire clones the world over

As an xbox player since 2001, i still see no point in buying a Series X when ALL the games are playable on PC, with far better graphics, through the Pass. TES6 being exclusive is good for the Pass members but once again the console is still useless compared to a PS5 and a Switch, which both have tons of exclusive games you can't find on PC unless you wait 3-4 years .... And imo TES is no longer the amazin franchise it used to be when Morrowind and Oblivion came out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Disappointing, I play a lot of their output and if they don't come to PlayStation I'll never play them. I'm both not surprised, they spent big bucks on it, and surprised because they are leaving a huge amount of money on the table if they don't release them at some point, even years down the line.

What surprises me more though is that there is just nothing else like The Elder Scrolls/Fallout out there. Like none. The Outer Worlds which Microsoft also bought ?‍♂️ You'd think a series as wildly successful as The Elder Scrolls would inspire clones the world over

you missed the era of everyone cloning them now there are more profitable things to clone, and better open world/rpgs to clone if you dont care about making then most money 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willmill97 said:

It could always just be a timed exclusive, to be released on playstation later down the line. Either way, at the rate of other modern day games it'll most likely be a buggy unfinished mess. Bah humbug.

This is what I am hoping for. As I recall, Oblivion was initially not on PS3 and the DLC for Skyrim was timed exclusive to Xbox. Fingers crossed after a year PS will come to TESVI.

10 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

This is what I am hoping for. As I recall, Oblivion was initially not on PS3 and the DLC for Skyrim was timed exclusive to Xbox. Fingers crossed after a year PS will come to TESVI.

If not a year you still have other chances: the complete edition, es6 for ps5 iteration, es6 5/10/and 15 year anniversary, and thats just on PS consoles  :P

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

They will be, Microsoft didn't spend that kind of money to keep Bethesda making multiplat games.

After Ghostwire Tokyo comes out that will be the last Bethesda game on Sony platforms.

I don't doubt it. I still think it's a bad financial decision on their part to do so.

As someone who has a PS5, PC, and Switch, this doesn't change anything for me. The Xbox system itself is still a terrible choice because it has no exclusives you can only play on the system itself. If they stopped putting games on PC, things would change.

They are really just missing out on the largest console audience buying their games.

A smarter approach is to just have those games be on the Gamepass day 1. That gives a greater incentive for the console, and still allows them to make money from the larger PlayStation userbase.

• Like 1