Rebourne07's Trophy Hunting by Series

Rebourne07

Very impressive mate!

Technical question (not taking anything away, I assure you!) - you have Adventure of Mana in there - is that considered to be a FF game, rather than part of the “of Mana” series?

Also, is Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon not considered a FF game for the list? 

• Like 2

Just now, Rebourne07 said:

Thanks man! Adventures of Mana is considered an FF by PSNProfiles, that's why it's included in the list. For some reason Chocobo Mystery Dungeon isn't consdiered an FF by PSNProfiles so it doesn't show up when I filter by Final Fantasy, but I have 100% trophies on it as well.

haha - covering all bases then - to fend off the “technicality dicks” like myself! ?

Nice going anyways ?

• Like 1

Formatting for PDC 2023 posts

GAMES:

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange: True Colors

274e.png 2/10 - Ape Escape

274e.png 3/10 - A Plague Tale: Requiem

274e.png 4/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

274e.png 5/10 - Onimusha HD

274e.png 6/10 - The Callisto Protocol

274e.png 7/10 - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

274e.png 8/10 - Gran Turismo 7

274e.png 9/10 - Celeste

274e.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

BADGES:

Edited by Rebourne07

Updated Mass Effect series. Changed it from just a picture of the original trilogy's platinums to my Game List showing progress towards 100% Series Complete. I recently did all DLC trophies for 2 & 3 on PS3 and platinum'd Mass Effect 1 Remastered. I'm working on Mass Effect 2 Remastered right now.

Edited by Rebourne07

Guys, I need some help. I'm trying to decide on another series to add to my trophy hunting by series collection. 

I've narrowed it down to a few choices, but want input from the community to decide.

What should be my next series...and why? Any other series that's truly great that I might be missing out on?

Bioshock series?

Pr1ocwb.png

Watch Dogs series?

L704970.png

Crysis series?

L2e4881.png

Edited by Rebourne07

Bioshock is the only one which is consistently great across all three games (or all five, if you count Minerva's Den, and Bruial at Sea as their own story entries. 

Watch Dogs is a little ropey, and only really got good in Watch Dogs 2 (I haven't sampled the new one), and I'm not sure Crysis is even possible, as I believe the servers have been shut down for the PS3 versions.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Bioshock is the only one which is consistently great across all three games (or all five, if you count Minerva's Den, and Bruial at Sea as their own story entries. 

Watch Dogs is a little ropey, and only really got good in Watch Dogs 2 (I haven't sampled the new one), and I'm not sure Crysis is even possible, as I believe the servers have been shut down for the PS3 versions.

Awesome :D So I've done Bioshock 1 and Infinite on PS3, but I'm thinking about doing the 3 remasters now. I'm hoping since 2 remastered doesn't have any multiplayer trophies now I could actually do it. 

Watch Dogs is a unique one since I've never played a Watch Dogs game before, though they've always looked interesting to me. Is 2 really the only good one? I figured they were all good, but 1 was really hard cause of a drinking mini game?

Crysis I'd definitely only be going for the "Misc. Platinums" category of hunting by series. I'd do the new remastered trilogy. Cause yeah I believe the PS3 ones are all offline now :(

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

You're missing out on the Tales Of series... every single one is great. I'd also recommend Atelier, but not everyone likes the mechanics of the games.

This is a great recommendation. I've not got into Tales before cause I'm mainly a Final Fantasy guy but I guess "Why not both?" right? Ima try out Tales of Arise soon and if I like that I might go back and do a few more! Do you know if Tales of Arise is representative of the series overall? If not, which Tales game would you recommend I do to give me the best feel for the series?

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome :D So I've done Bioshock 1 and Infinite on PS3, but I'm thinking about doing the 3 remasters now. I'm hoping since 2 remastered doesn't have any multiplayer trophies now I could actually do it. 

ah yeah - that MP was a tricky one - it was actually pretty dope as MP modes go, but a bit of a time-sink to platinum!

Watch Dogs is a unique one since I've never played a Watch Dogs game before, though they've always looked interesting to me. Is 2 really the only good one? I figured they were all good, but 1 was really hard cause of a drinking mini game?

1 isn’t horrible or broken or anything, but it is super bland, and the story is a bit of a mustard-burp -I don’t recall the drinking game though, which means it can’t have been too much of a blocker :hmm:

I thought 2 was really great though!

Crysis I'd definitely only be going for the "Misc. Platinums" category of hunting by series. I'd do the new remastered trilogy. Cause yeah I believe the PS3 ones are all offline now :(

Oh, sure - well, I’m rustier on Crysis - never played 3, and wasn’t a huge fan of 2 myself, but they’re still top quality, well made games - just not my personal cup of tea, so I never finished them off. Not heard if the remasters are good (though that’s probably a good sign - you tend to hear more about a remaster when it’s bad, than when it’s good… GTA Trilogy style ?)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

This is a great recommendation. I've not got into Tales before cause I'm mainly a Final Fantasy guy but I guess "Why not both?" right? Ima try out Tales of Arise soon and if I like that I might go back and do a few more! Do you know if Tales of Arise is representative of the series overall? If not, which Tales game would you recommend I do to give me the best feel for the series?

I haven't played Arise yet (saving it for #175), but I hear they did a lot to make it a good intro game to the series. I'd suggest starting with Graces if you don't start with Arise; it's probably the best received game of the PS3 and beyond games. My personal favorite is Berseria, which is probably my favorite game of all time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I haven't played Arise yet (saving it for #175), but I hear they did a lot to make it a good intro game to the series. I'd suggest starting with Graces if you don't start with Arise; it's probably the best received game of the PS3 and beyond games. My personal favorite is Berseria, which is probably my favorite game of all time.

Ok great :D Thanks for the suggestions man!

1 hour ago, paulcoe said:

Kingdom Hearts woiuld make a nice addition to the list - lots of games and many of them long

Dude it's funny, I love Final Fantasy to death so you'd think I'd love Kingdom Hearts but I've just never been able to get into them. Idk why. Maybe cause I wasn't much of a Disney fan growing up? Either way, 3 actually does look good so I'll try out 3 someday and maybe that'll spark something!

11 minutes ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Very impressive! I'm hoping to do all the fd trophies barring any duplicates so won't be trying the standalone comrades since I've got the ff15 dlc.

I'd recommend the tales of series, batman arkham series, atelier series (unique gameplay), and the darksiders series!

Dude heck yeah! If you ever want tips on Final Fantasy trophies, add me and message me on PSN. I mentor lots of people on that.

Batman Arkham series I've very seriously considered. I platinum'd Knight and loved it! But I've heard Asylum and City are rough!

Darksiders is another series I hadn't considered! I loved 2. Maybe I'll take a look at the platinums for 1 3 and Genesis and add that to my list!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, steveblazinggrin said:

You should check out the Yakuza series.

I started last year and fell in love instantly, and i now own every game.

Heck yeah man, I played my first Yakuza game earlier this year (Yakuza 0) and the story blew me away! I wanna play more of them but I’ve heard the platinums are both long and difficult. Would I have to master mahjong to platinum them? ?  

I’d recommend the Soulsbornekiro series (all modern From Software games). They’re all excellent and some of the best rpgs ever made from a gameplay perspective. Sekiro is technically a character action game but the rest are rpgs. You seem to like Japanese rpgs, just keep in mind these games are very much focused on punishing action gameplay with intricate mechanics. The lore and narratives are also fascinating. They’re extremely hard to piece together because they’re hidden in item descriptions and occasional dialogue, but watching well-made videos that have been made can really help put things in perspective after you’ve beaten them.