Shantae and the Seven Sirens to Get Free “Spectacular Superstar” Update

Lem-77

• 2 weeks later...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10906-shantae-and-the-seven-sirens#DLC-1

The update should be out. Also two new Trophies were added with this update. One for completing the game on Definitive Mode or Beginner Mode, and the remaining one is to complete the game on Full Deck Mode or Rule Breaker Mode.

Edited by Lem-77

So I am bit confused. Couldn't you earn all the trophies on any of the other modes or do they only count on Legacy mode? I mean, you could easily get the 100% speedrun or Squid Savior on Beginner Mode since it's supposed to be super easy. I could easily earn those DLC trophies by playing Beginneer and Rule Breaker Mode since you can earn the trophy by playing one or the other mode. It's nice that there are only two DLC trophies and they give you options. Might fire up on the old half-genie again. :)

On 19/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, HuntingFever said:

How will this update affect the Platinum difficulty?

22 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

So I am bit confused. Couldn't you earn all the trophies on any of the other modes or do they only count on Legacy mode? I mean, you could easily get the 100% speedrun or Squid Savior on Beginner Mode since it's supposed to be super easy. I could easily earn those DLC trophies by playing Beginneer and Rule Breaker Mode since you can earn the trophy by playing one or the other mode. It's nice that there are only two DLC trophies and they give you options. Might fire up on the old half-genie again. :)

Platinum was fairly easy, but yea, even easier now, but longer I guess as now 2 runs are needed!

There is no Legacy trophy, where did you read that??

You should be able to play Beginner mode and then Full Deck Mode, or the other variants ;)

Beginner mode btw, you do 100 dmg xD (it's usually only 5 dmg to begin)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

So I guess both trophies can't be combined with one run, am I right?

I already got the trophies, but they don't sync yet. Anyway, these are game mode trophies, so you get locked into the gamemode on that playthrough, meaning this will take 2 playthroughs for the DLC 

29 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I already got the trophies, but they don't sync yet. Anyway, these are game mode trophies, so you get locked into the gamemode on that playthrough, meaning this will take 2 playthroughs for the DLC 

Okay, thanks for clarification. You already did both runs? How long did they take you? Anything tough? 

Platinum was a blast but I'm not really motivated to play the game again twice.

15 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Okay, thanks for clarification. You already did both runs? How long did they take you? Anything tough? 

Platinum was a blast but I'm not really motivated to play the game again twice.

I'm not the best person to ask about difficulty because I used to speedrun this game quite a lot. Let me instead explain the game modes.

Beginner - Infinite Auto-Potion, some invis platforms are permanently visible, you start with 100 damage per hair whip. Damage scales from 100, 120, 140, 160, 180. Basically makes the game a joke.

Challenge - Things are, well, more challenging. More damage taken, some tweaks to the world and so on. Ideal for someone who wants a more traditional challenge.

Full Deck - You start with all cards unlocked and that also means easy money for duplicates. If beginner is easy mode, and base game is 'normal' mode, this would fall between them in terms of difficulty since cards can also trivialize the game.

Rule Breaker - Technically would be easier than Full Deck, since having all cards active is kinda bonkers, but you have to actually recollect all the cards too, so this is better to play casually.

As far as trophy hunters, if you want the easiest pairing, then you would do Beginner & Full Deck. If you do this, time would be dependent on however long it took you to go through the game on the any% run. Beginner will understandably be easier due to not being able to die. Regardless of mode selected, damage received in beginner, full deck and rule breaker should be the same as normal mode. I'm not 100% sure for beginner though because I played on challenge mode.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I'm not the best person to ask about difficulty because I used to speedrun this game quite a lot. Let me instead explain the game modes.

Beginner - Infinite Auto-Potion, some invis platforms are permanently visible, you start with 100 damage per hair whip. Damage scales from 100, 120, 140, 160, 180. Basically makes the game a joke.

Challenge - Things are, well, more challenging. More damage taken, some tweaks to the world and so on. Ideal for someone who wants a more traditional challenge.

Full Deck - You start with all cards unlocked and that also means easy money for duplicates. If beginner is easy mode, and base game is 'normal' mode, this would fall between them in terms of difficulty since cards can also trivialize the game.

Rule Breaker - Technically would be easier than Full Deck, since having all cards active is kinda bonkers, but you have to actually recollect all the cards too, so this is better to play casually.

As far as trophy hunters, if you want the easiest pairing, then you would do Beginner & Full Deck. If you do this, time would be dependent on however long it took you to go through the game on the any% run. Beginner will understandably be easier due to not being able to die. Regardless of mode selected, damage received in beginner, full deck and rule breaker should be the same as normal mode. I'm not 100% sure for beginner though because I played on challenge mode.

thx for clarification and explaining :) it helps a lot,

37 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

thx for clarification and explaining :) it helps a lot,

You could get Platinum in under 4 hours before if you followed a optimal guide, now would be even quicker on Beginner Mode.

For 100% trophies, perhaps 5-6hrs, quicker still because of Beginner and Full Deck playthroughs. 

56 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Did you speedrun Platinum or just the story, if platinum, what was your time??? I think my fastest was 3hrs 45mins, wasn't completely optimal though so perhaps u were quicker??

I'm tempted to try a speedrun 100% now, but not sure if can fit the game in to my schedule ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You could get Platinum in under 4 hours before if you followed a optimal guide, now would be even quicker on Beginner Mode.

For 100% trophies, perhaps 5-6hrs, quicker still because of Beginner and Full Deck playthroughs. 

I actually followed your guide for the platinum man = ) worked like a charm, amazing video especially with combining all collectibles in the video.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Did you speedrun Platinum or just the story, if platinum, what was your time??? I think my fastest was 3hrs 45mins, wasn't completely optimal though so perhaps u were quicker??

I'm tempted to try a speedrun 100% now, but not sure if can fit the game in to my schedule ;)

I was the first one on PSN and PSNP to get the platinum on the initial release, as far as my speedruns, I typically did any% runs and my best time was 1hr 39 minutes. Not an amazing time, but not an awful one either. A new 100% could be made for PSN though, by way of category I mean for a leaderboard. A 100% trophies =/= 100% speedrun in a traditional sense. :hmm: worth knowing is that the trophies in the base game can be earned in the new modes, so you can still 100% the game in two playthroughs.

In theory, due to this, and with strats I knew when I used to speedrun this, the 100% (two playthroughs, one being 100%, the other any%) could be earned in 3 1/2 - 5 hours for a casual speedrunner that knew the game well, and 4hours (likely less since time is saved in beginner mode with bosses becoming a joke on beginner. So maybe 3 1/2 for a serious speedrunner as a limit). Keep in mind the above times are for speedrunners in mind, it is unlikely most of the PSN playerbase would hit those times naturally.

Disregard the card note. I was going off some information from the community. I checked on another account and it does not hold true, you would still need to recollect all the cards for the all cards trophy @Optinooby

Edited by Dreggit
Clarification

38 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

I actually followed your guide for the platinum man = ) worked like a charm, amazing video especially with combining all collectibles in the video.

Kinda obsolete now though xD, hope I have the routing still somewhere!

11 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I was the first one on PSN and PSNP to get the platinum on the initial release, as far as my speedruns, I typically did any% runs and my best time was 1hr 39 minutes. Not an amazing time, but not an awful one either. A new 100% could be made for PSN though, by way of category I mean for a leaderboard. A 100% trophies =/= 100% speedrun in a traditional sense. :hmm: worth knowing is that the trophies in the base game can be earned in the new modes, so you can still 100% the game in two playthroughs.

The grindiest trophy, the card one, can be earned via the full deck game mode. So worth updating the guide with that information since it is a major change and free update to everyone (not Japan yet though). You'd get the trophy as soon as you collect one dropped card,  so the platinum is technically much easier than it used to be since it can be done entirely in beginner mode, and then you can do a full deck run for the 100%. In theory, due to this, and with strats I knew when I used to speedrun this, the 100% (two playthroughs, one being 100%, the other any%) could be earned in 3 1/2 - 5 hours for a casual speedrunner that knew the game well, and 4hours (likely less since time is saved in beginner mode with bosses becoming a joke on beginner. So maybe 3 1/2 for a serious speedrunner as a limit). Keep in mind the above times are for speedrunners in mind, it is unlikely most of the PSN playerbase would hit those times naturally.

I was hoping u had been speedrunning platinum being staff on here xD

I had assumed so about it being 2 playthroughs 100%, think I mentioned it further up actually. Half Genie you had to get all those stupid Win Screens, but luckily u don't need to here so we just grab everything in those DLC modes.

About the Full Deck popping the Card Collector, have you actually had it pop for you then??? I went into Full Deck Mode on a new account, got a Card but all that popped was the trophy for picking up ur first card, not for getting every card ..........???

I actually forgot I did the Trophy Guide here until you just mentioned, guess I will have to update it soon

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

About the Full Deck popping the Card Collector, have you actually had it pop for you then??? I went into Full Deck Mode on a new account, got a Card but all that popped was the trophy for picking up ur first card, not for getting every card ..........???

I made an edit to that post as you can see now to clarify. I was going off some community information but decided to check and saw it wasn't true, and so made a correction. You still need to recollect all the cards, please disregard that. All else I said though is true though

2 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I made an edit to that post as you can see now to clarify. I was going off some community information but decided to check and saw it wasn't true, and so made a correction. You still need to recollect all the cards, please disregard that. All else I said though is true though

Was going to say, was the 1st thing I checked when I installed the update XD, for a minute there you made me think I should have tested it a bit more as I only played for 20 mins testing a few things briefly, that was one of them ;)

Thanks for updating, stops me questioning myself!!

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Was going to say, was the 1st thing I checked when I installed the update XD, for a minute there you made me think I should have tested it a bit more as I only played for 20 mins testing a few things briefly, that was one of them ;)

Thanks for updating, stops me questioning myself!!

As far as the speedruns, while I sometimes speedrun trophies, I follow more traditional speedrunning rules, which don't necessarily meet up with conditions for platinums/100%'s. My own speedrunning occured only after I got the platinum because the game was so fun :) I suppose I could try to run the game on another account to get the new 100% record once the trophies are syncable, though, maybe not because I don't really have freetime to spend 3-6 hours playing games for tecord attempts anymore 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 4:50 AM, Optinooby said:

Platinum was fairly easy, but yea, even easier now, but longer I guess as now 2 runs are needed!

There is no Legacy trophy, where did you read that??

You should be able to play Beginner mode and then Full Deck Mode, or the other variants ;)

Beginner mode btw, you do 100 dmg xD (it's usually only 5 dmg to begin)

Damn!, so it is possible to do speedrun trophy more easy now?

Edited by FlareZero