Game crashing almost every hour

If you want to start GTA III (PS5 version), than watch out for regular crashes. They happen always after about 1 hour, so be careful when starting paramedic or vigilante missions.

I have done few things already in the game and it crashes around that 1 hour (maybe a little bit more). I think there is a memory leak, but dunno exactly what can be causing the problem.

I have experienced a lot of crashes as well.  I heard the PS4 version of the game, played on PS5 (so essentially the PS4-Pro version) is among the more stable versions of the game.  Best advice I've been able to think of , use the autosave function to your advantage (it autosaves starting and ending "missions" and manually save often.  Hopefully its a coding/optimizing thing that can be patch fixed

I also "only" had about 3-4 crashes before just now obtaining the Platinum. Also, make sure you are liberally checking stats, because I had a Rampage I had fully completed that somehow didn't count whatsoever; it was only after going back to previous locations that I re-found it and had to do it all over again. Broken ass game.

Hardcore mode has now been activated for me. The game will always crash as soon as I respawn at a hospital after getting wasted.

Tip: If you're doing the 100% or collectibles, always use a taxi or police car to double-tap :up: after completing something. This will update the auto-save and could save a headache after a crash.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2021 at 7:08 AM, DaftenMiescha said:

Hardcore mode has now been activated for me. The game will always crash as soon as I respawn at a hospital after getting wasted.

Tip: If you're doing the 100% or collectibles, always use a taxi or police car to double-tap :up: after completing something. This will update the auto-save and could save a headache after a crash.

That is an excellent tip! Wish i had read this sooner.