I'm Five by Five, B - Earn a Ribbon III of each type

Spraragen88

1 hour ago, Paravizys said:

My trophy didn't pop at all while I already had tons of games with 2 III ribbons and another III ribbon next game, different as the 2 before. Trophy just popped now when I was lucky enough to get 3 III ribbons in one game.

Oh sorry to hear that mate…i got the trophy when i did them in seperate games so it worked for me though! 

• 2 weeks later...

Combat ribbon is 35 kills btw. this is kinda tough. I would aim for a kill per minute and use the armor plate. Guaranteed to win you that 1v1. Also stay away from the default weapon m5. Its horrible. Also hope that the round goes the full length in breakthrough. Got mine in hourglass and renewal

The Combat ribbon is no joke if trying to do legit. I struggled with this one. I can get about 20-25 kills per round but it wasn't cutting it. So I switched to shooting down Helicopters playing defense on Breakthrough. Use Angel and throw down his re-supply crate.  You need to shoot down 13-16 using the AAU rocket but that thing really sucks. Even when you lock on, the rocket does it's own thing or the helicopter's use their decoy throwing it off the scent. You also have to hope the attacking team takes over all sectors so the match lasts longer than 30 minutes. I did a combination of shooting down helicopters and using Casper's drone. Deploy his drone and throw some C5 on it. Then fly the drone to a good spot where you see 4-5 guys crowded behind cover and drop it in. BOOM! Ultimate troll move but it works. You can also try taking out tanks or vehicles that are shooting from a distance that aren't moving. Just fly the drone under the tank and detonate. It works every once in a while though. 

I believe you only need 11 vehicles and a few infantry kills. You get more progress if a helicopter you shoot down has more than two players in it. So if you get quad kills from destroying vehicles you don’t need any infantry kills. 
I nearly got it in a breakthrough match in Hourglass that took longer than expected (attacking side), but the buildings at the last sectors messed up with the tracking of the rocket. Not to mention that a helicopter with full health may need 3 rockets. Reloading is slow, locking the target looks like being buggy as numerous times I had it locked but it did not allow me to shoot the rocket. 
I got 10 vehicles (air only) destroyed and two or three infantry kills and it was like still one fourth of the progress bar left to complete the level 3 ribbon. I only needed one more vehicle…

Of course, you need Angel with the loadout crate for constant resupplying. 

Edited by RapiDuS

I am now at 60 hours of playing this game since the early access and currently at rank 74.

I got the 5 ribbons at level 3 multiple times in different game modes (not always at the same time though). And I still didn't get this trophy lol

Do you really have to get all level 3 ribbons in 1 game? And I think they enabled the ribbons in offline mode since the big update last week?

On Breakthrough I can easily reach 3 ribbons on level 3 in the same game but still no trophy :(

Edited by s0kkie-NL

7 hours ago, s0kkie-NL said:

I am now at 60 hours of playing this game since the early access and currently at rank 74.

I got the 5 ribbons at level 3 multiple times in different game modes (not always at the same time though). And I still didn't get this trophy lol

Do you really have to get all level 3 ribbons in 1 game? And I think they enabled the ribbons in offline mode since the big update last week?

On Breakthrough I can easily reach 3 ribbons on level 3 in the same game but still no trophy :(

Ribbons progress only in matches against real people and in the officially promoted portal matches (like the Rush 2042 mode a few days ago).

Not against bots, not in any custom matches.

It does not have to be all in the same game.

Are you sure you have completed everything? The level 3 itself needs to be completed (the turquoise progress bar) and at the end of the game it should state 2,000 (max xp bonus for completing level 3).

8 hours ago, s0kkie-NL said:

I just got my first rank 3 combat ribbon on a match that I somehow got rank 3 on all other categories and no pop, so I suppose keep trying? Lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, RapiDuS said:

I believe you only need 11 vehicles and a few infantry kills. You get more progress if a helicopter you shoot down has more than two players in it. So if you get quad kills from destroying vehicles you don’t need any infantry kills. 
I nearly got it in a breakthrough match in Hourglass that took longer than expected (attacking side), but the buildings at the last sectors messed up with the tracking of the rocket. Not to mention that a helicopter with full health may need 3 rockets. Reloading is slow, locking the target looks like being buggy as numerous times I had it locked but it did not allow me to shoot the rocket. 
I got 10 vehicles (air only) destroyed and two or three infantry kills and it was like still one fourth of the progress bar left to complete the level 3 ribbon. I only needed one more vehicle…

Of course, you need Angel with the loadout crate for constant resupplying. 

Combat Ribbon Tier 3:

I can confirm that this is by far the best method, but my advice is to find a friend who is level 56 and has the SOFLAM who is willing to assist you to get the Combat Tier 3 ribbon. 

The best tactic was to skip maps till you get Hourglass Conquest (This is better than Breakthrough as there are more helicopters in play). Play as Angel with a Recoilless M5, and stand on the dune ridge in the middle of the map with your friend and drop a loadout crate nearby. Simply get your friend to SOFLAM every enemy helicopter they see, wait for the flares and then lock on with your M5 and fire (or fire once to trigger flares, reload, lock and fire again) - the map is so open that they are completely defenceless and it is a guaranteed vehicle kill unless they quickly fly out of range. The reason you use the M5 is that it does more damage than the regular AA weapon and will kill a Nightbird or Apache in one hit. 

Just rinse and repeat this method throughout the round, making sure to resupply when you get low on ammo and you should get the number you need. I do also advise trying to hit other smaller land vehicles if you can (once locked with the SOFLAM), but best to avoid tanks unless on low health, as they take about 3-4 rockets to destroy. 

It took me 11 vehicle destructions to get to Tier 3. Also, I did notice that once you reach Tier 3 of the ribbon in the scoreboard menu (hold down options) you do still have to fill the exp bar to full to actually truly earn it (where it shows you achieved it at the end of the game), so don't be confused and stop destroying vehicles too early. See the picture below to see how Combat Tier 3 is being shown, but not completed:

battlefield-2042-scoreboard-1.jpg?mode=c

I am currently level 44, but once I reach 56 I would happily help others to get this ribbon. 

I also can confirm that I got all the ribbons required for the trophy across different games, but these were all online playing the main game: Conquest or Breakthrough. Additionally, the I'm Five by Five B trophy did pop as soon as I earned my last ribbon, I didn't need to wait till the end of the round. 

Edited by BinkUncia

On 12/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

I just got my first rank 3 combat ribbon on a match that I somehow got rank 3 on all other categories and no pop, so I suppose keep trying? Lol

Same thing happened to me but the trophy popped in the middle of a match about 2 matches later. No idea what triggered it. Keep playing! It’ll pop!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Same thing happened to me but the trophy popped in the middle of a match about 2 matches later. No idea what triggered it. Keep playing! It’ll pop!

I got the Combat III ribbon on Rush mode. 2 destroyed LATV and ~25 kill. The trophy popped me 2 matches later... :/