The Big Trophy Thoughts Thread, Cos Why Not?

GothGirlMaxine

10 hours ago, General_Spankys said:

Hi, @Mercenary09 we have done it this way because not a lot of people have the PS5 yet, so we have the cheaper option to buy only the PS4 option. But thanks for the feedback, we will consider it in the future.

Hi Guys, sorry that you do not like this game. This game was created to learn how to port game from PS5 console to PS4, so it will be easier for us to do it in the future. We are not planning to release such game in future. As I said it was done just for learning purpose and we made the best out of it.

That's not a good reason. So what if they don't have a PS5. Make it cross-buy so they don't have to buy it again when they do get one. Those other indie devs do it. Making it cross-buy doesn't take away their option to buy the PS4 version. It just gives them both without having to pay twice.

On 2021-11-21 at 0:15 AM, DaivRules said:

Or when people repeatedly post completely off topic with the same rants, they get removed for violating the rule

Yeah!! It’s about time.

Speaking of this game, I actually manually grinded it coop with my brother. No R1 trick, it didn’t work. And you know what?

We had fun. Shared some laughs. Picked each other up during fatigue. And loved seeing those pops!! 

I want a sequel.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 20/11/2021 at 11:10 AM, General_Spankys said:

Hi Guys, sorry that you do not like this game. This game was created to learn how to port game from PS5 console to PS4, so it will be easier for us to do it in the future. We are not planning to release such game in future. As I said it was done just for learning purpose and we made the best out of it.

...and boy oh boy, didn't you half!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

...and boy oh boy, didn't you half!

I guess they are still learning how to port to the PS5 or they are now trying to learn how to milk out their games more by releasing their game onto the AS / JP teritory for even more stacks (and money)..

I mean I already saw something like this coming, but never to the extend this trash got released. They started with some homebrewed flash games, but atleast a bit different I guess.

Now its just copy and paste with another character.

Hell they even made a game were you feed chocalate chip cookies to a dog.. like bruh.

Sony should ban devs like these, like steam did with silicon echo / zonitron studios. Those just released asset flips, adds a [previous number +1] and released it as a new game.

To say Steam did more for there storefront against these kind of devs then Sony does is really saying something.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/2/16403024/steams-biggest-seller-of-shovelware-pulls-out-of-game-business

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I guess they are still learning how to port to the PS5 or they are now trying to learn how to milk out their games more by releasing their game onto the AS / JP teritory for even more stacks (and money)..

I mean I already saw something like this coming, but never to the extend this trash got released. They started with some homebrewed flash games, but atleast a bit different I guess.

Hell they even made a game were you feed chocalate chip cookies to a dog.. like bruh.

Sony should ban devs like these, like steam did with silicon echo / zonitron studios. Those just released asset flips, adds a [previous number +1] and released it as a new game.

To say Steam did more for there storefront against these kind of devs then Sony does is really saying something.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/2/16403024/steams-biggest-seller-of-shovelware-pulls-out-of-game-business

They probably will eventually :dunno:

Negative press about these games is starting to snowball, and will reach a critical mass before long, so I suspect eventually Sony will just whip them all outta there at some point.

Certainly, any trophy site that comes along post 2022 will most likely just nullify these entirely.

I doubt there's much that will make any real difference though. In the end, people who play them will still play them, and people who don't still won't. 

It's not really a big deal either way for us mere mortals. :dunno:

• Like 2

Good job @General_Spankys with the growth of your game developing studio.

At this point you must have thousands of employees, with the 114 premium game releases in just over 9 months.

Maybe even a contender for a Guinness World Record for most efficient game development, or most releases in shortest time?

Truly impressive feats none the less.

I have my fingers crossed that Rockstar buys your studio so they can speed up the GTA VI development, or CD Project so we won't get more horrendous delays like with Cyberpunk 2077.

I mean they ain't fooling nobody by pretending it takes years to code games.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Glad the screenshot I posted shed some light here.

You can't be too surprised about them still keeping at it, us Slovaks are very slow learners and porting a game may take multiple attempts, but not to worry, all their hard work is surely being rewarded by people buying this stuff.

5 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Glad the screenshot I posted shed some light here.

You can't be too surprised about them still keeping at it, us Slovaks are very slow learners and porting a game may take multiple attempts, but not to worry, all their hard work is surely being rewarded by people buying this stuff.

They're making around €10-15k per month on this trash.

https://www.finstat.sk/53451244

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

I think it'd be easier for Sony to make some changes to the trophy system instead. That way these devs would have no incentive to make these games and flood the store with them. One of the first things Sony should do is get rid of regional stacks. That would be a detrimental blow to these devs. 

Sony really has no reason to ban these devs. As far as Sony is concerned these are just indie developers making indie games. We know these "games" are terrible, cheap asset flips, but the devs technically aren't doing anything wrong. They aren't using stolen assets or using suspect titles like 1000 Top Rated did. They're only exploiting a system that was put in place by Sony, so it's only logical that Sony should remove these exploits and improve the system rather than rushing to ban the people who took advantage of it.

But like @DrBloodmoney mentioned, perhaps with enough negative press and attention something more might be done about it going forward, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Unless this spills over and becomes an issue for the average PlayStation gamer and not just the average trophy hunter, I suspect not much will actually change. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I think it'd be easier for Sony to make some changes to the trophy system instead. That way these devs would have no incentive to make these games and flood the store with them. One of the first things Sony should do is get rid of regional stacks. That would be a detrimental blow to these devs. 

Sony really has no reason to ban these devs. As far as Sony is concerned these are just indie developers making indie games. We know these "games" are terrible, cheap asset flips, but the devs technically aren't doing anything wrong. They aren't using stolen assets or using suspect titles like 1000 Top Rated did. They're only exploiting a system that was put in place by Sony, so it's only logical that Sony should remove these exploits and improve the system rather than rushing to ban the people who took advantage of it.

But like @DrBloodmoney mentioned, perhaps with enough negative press and attention something more might be done about it going forward, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Unless this spills over and becomes an issue for the average PlayStation gamer and not just the average trophy hunter, I suspect not much will actually change. 

Still if they aren't doing anything "wrong",Sony can believe that an indie developer can release a bad game once in a while... But weekly? And with 8 versions each time? They are flooding their PSN Store and even they were forced to change the front page settings because of this, I don't think the earnings they get from this is enough for the bad press...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Still if they aren't doing anything "wrong", Sony can believe that an indie developer can release a bad game once in a while... But weekly? And with 8 versions each time? They are flooding their PSN Store and even they were forced to change the front page settings because of this, I don't think the earnings they get from this is enough for the bad press...

And again I will reiterate my point. Why is it that Sony allows 8+ stacks of the same game to be released on their platform? Why wouldn't a developer making these games take advantage of that loophole? So why ban the developer, who for all intents and purposes isn't doing anything wrong, instead of simply closing these loopholes and improving the very system that you (Sony) introduced? Seems more logical, no? If the PlayStation Store is getting flooded it's only because Sony is allowing it to happen with the archaic system they have in place. You change the trophy system, you stop the problem, because you take away the incentive for these games to exist (at least to the degree that they do).

5 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

And again I will reiterate my point. Why is it that Sony allows 8+ stacks of the same game to be released on their platform? Why wouldn't a developer making these games take advantage of that loophole? So why ban the developer, who for all intents and purposes isn't doing anything wrong, instead of simply closing these loopholes and improving the very system that you (Sony) introduced? Seems more logical, no? If the PlayStation Store is getting flooded it's only because Sony is allowing it to happen with the archaic system they have in place. You change the trophy system, you stop the problem, because you take away the incentive for these games to exist (at least to the degree that they do).

My sweet little Guinea Pig ate an apple last evening. It was soooooo cute. I'll remember this moment forever.