Should i avoid?

DhillsPlats

I started playing with PS plus release. Yes, some minor glitches that need solved, but it is a do-able plat which I'm still grinding for but got the non-grindy trophies taken care of. 

Advice on 2 that were difficult for me personally:

1) the standing on wrecking ball KO, just try for it everyone you play the map. Dont jump and try to time it during the swing where your feet are touching. I used a standard curve throw to finally pop it. 

2) throw opponent garbage chute: use the chute at the complete opposite of the icey area, NOT the one adjacent to it. This one was a pain and I know I threw 4 opponents that should have qualified for it in the wrong area. I then waited for cageballs and did the adjacent ice area (idk how to explain that better) and it popped first time. 

Overall it's definitely got some bugs, but not as terrible as some people claim

4 hours ago, Vinny122004 said:

Think I’ll wait till they are mostly patched @p4xh4xx, also isn’t there a 100 contract thing, I gotta play everyday?

100 dailies. 3 daily contracts are offered per day, so yes need to login multiple days to do that (not in a row). 

People claim this is buggy, but I can't comment on that as I have definitely not played enough days yet. This is one of the things devs say they will fix in a Jan patch

• Like 1

I have yet to run into any trophy issues. But that potentially aside, this game has been insanely fun for my brother and I. We have been looking for a good new competitive game to play and this hits the spot with action and not too complicated controls. I thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

• Like 1

On 18.11.2021 at 0:42 AM, DhillsPlats said:

This game has been installed ready to play for a few weeks now but i keep hearing stories about crazy bugged trophies which have no fix other than to sit and hope they randomly pop. 

Which trophies are 100% Bugged? and should i just avoid the game if im playing it for the platinum?

I would DEFINITELY avoid it if you care to get the platinum. If you don‘t care it‘s pretty fun for a few short hours.

On 18.11.2021 at 1:10 AM, Vinny122004 said:

Also want to know, I heard they are trying to patch it but it will take time

they are trying to patch the PS4 version since that one came out. i wouldn‘t hold my breath for a patch.

So far, for me, no glitch at all, i have all trophies except for the 3 most grindy ones (100km in ballform, 100 daily contracts and 30 crew contracts).

Most important, is if you like the game, play it, you'll get most of the trophies just by playing normally, so have fun, that's what i'm doing at least.

6 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Despite all the bugs, there are people claiming got the Platinum; however, I wonder how they managed to do so? I mean even the leaderboard has people got got naturally the Plat despite this. Any solutions, or what's the deal?

I got the Plat legit, it's not like there were no bugs, (these bugs were on the PS4 version before the PS5 version launched) for example, the fall down the garbage shoot trophy i for whatever reason I completed 5 times before the trophy popped, the other my friend didnt get the "from stage to garden" trophy  when I threw him (I got it solo by jumping with the moon ball.) I think the main clincher is the 100km in ballform which was by far my last trophy, but its easy to think it's glitched if you forget that 100km (60 miles) is a long a**e distance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey, dev here -- The 100km in ballform will become a lot easier in 4.0 hitting on December 7th, because we're going to start tracking progress in the Hideout, private matches, and trainings. You won't have to slowly chip away at it in public matches anymore, if you want to just grind it out solo.

Also, as others have said, there are still some things affecting tracking on other trophies, but we have what we're calling "progression 2.0" internally, which is a complete, from-the-ground-up overhaul of how contracts (and by proxy, achievements and trophies) work on the back end. This will be out in 4.1 and will fix the tracking issues with the longer progression trophies that have caused issues for some folks.

Thank you for the information! I might have to jump back into this game now.

2 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey, dev here -- The 100km in ballform will become a lot easier in 4.0 hitting on December 7th, because we're going to start tracking progress in the Hideout, private matches, and trainings. You won't have to slowly chip away at it in public matches anymore, if you want to just grind it out solo.

Also, as others have said, there are still some things affecting tracking on other trophies, but we have what we're calling "progression 2.0" internally, which is a complete, from-the-ground-up overhaul of how contracts (and by proxy, achievements and trophies) work on the back end. This will be out in 4.1 and will fix the tracking issues with the longer progression trophies that have caused issues for some folks.

Hey,

My friend didn't get the crew contract trophy when he was supposed to (I did). So does it pop for him when the new progression 2.0 patch comes or does he have to do some more contracts? Also does it come on December 7? 

On 24/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, DangerSpice said:

I'm so glad to hear it from first-hand personnel! I wanted to try this game long ago, so by your words motivate me to pursue it in the long run. Hope this helps countless other people with similar issues and track down stuff for us trophy hunters. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hizi90 said:

And just as I thought…the update did NOTHING! 

Hey, as I've said, this requires some manual updates, which we're still planning on! It isn't tied to a specific update, but still in the works.

Something that did get updated in 4.0 was Rollin' Round the City, which now counts progress in the Hideout, Training, and Private Matches!

• Like 1

I played quite a few hours by now, have half of the trophies and must say until now i encountered zero bugged trophies (and already done a couple of them that people say are bugged).

Also I think it's pretty fun if you complete the training and understand how to do different types of shots.

Overall I'm having a good experience with the game! I recommend it.

Cheers! ?

17 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey, as I've said, this requires some manual updates, which we're still planning on! It isn't tied to a specific update, but still in the works.

Something that did get updated in 4.0 was Rollin' Round the City, which now counts progress in the Hideout, Training, and Private Matches!

Does this mean we can get map specific trophies in private matches too?

On 07/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 said:

Ughhh...that glug glug trophy is giving me issues, was hoping the update would fix it. Thanks for the info about it though.

I got this trophy after many many drinks, same happened for some friends

So i'm just wondering if there is not a missing word in the trophy description => Isn't it for drinking 5 differrents drinks ? And not just 5 ?

• Like 1