What's the best leveling method?

Those are the 2 big ones but a third is farming the Sacrificial Altar in Dragon Keep, because it will occasionally spawn enemies (including badasses) instead of explosions, cash, eridium or gear. If the scaling wasn't messed up, I'd also recommend the Handsome Sorcerer because he gave a lot of XP in the DLC version but as it is, he gives barely any.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

28 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm assuming either farming the raid boss or the arena is the fastest, but wanna make sure I'm not missing a better method.

Unless you have a really decent weapon the Dragons take a looooong ass time.

I felt in the long run, setting the game to Easy Mode and doing the arena was faster but then maybe I had crappy weapons.

Jumped from 31 to 35 in roughly an hour in the TVM arena.

Compared to the 19 hours of hunting the Chubby an hour was a breeze!

Edited by SimmondsR
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So this is a glitch. But if you have a flakker legendary shotgun. It can drop from the handsome sourcer, it doesnt matter the level ,damage, clip size etc. Plus a rocket launcher that is your level & the highest dps possible. When you shoot the flakker, switch to the launcher & each pellet will do launcher damage. So go farm the dragons on easy & that xp grind is 15-20 minutes best. 

On 11/18/2021 at 0:25 PM, TranceManic said:

The best leveling method once you are over level 30 is Merlin’s Temple as the enemies will still scale to you level. Sucks but that is the fastest way I found. If Gearbox fixes the scaling issue then in the future, in theory you can replay any map.

There aren't any scaling issues, this is just how TVHM mode works in Borderlands 2. Normal mode and true vault hunter (NG+) everything stays at a set level, ultimate vault hunter mode (NG++) would have the scaling, but that's not in yet stand alone of course so you're just stuck with level 30 enemies and level 32 dragons. It really felt like the cap should have been level 30.

The loot a pult is the only thing that actually scales and gives loot of your level past 30.

Also gearbox stated there won't be anything updates to the stand alone. A quick one and done drop to garner hype for wonderlands and get some quick cash.

• Like 1

The raid boss is by far the quickest and to be honest they aren't hard like people make em out to be once you're a certain level. Put the game  on easy mode so you take less damage and you can pretty much kill them in like 5 minutes with decent weapons. The badass round In that arena is a good method as well but gets boring rather quick as the last few levels take a lot more exp. 

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

There aren't any scaling issues, this is just how TVHM mode works in Borderlands 2. Normal mode and true vault hunter (NG+) everything stays at a set level, ultimate vault hunter mode (NG++) would have the scaling, but that's not in yet stand alone of course so you're just stuck with level 30 enemies and level 32 dragons. It really felt like the cap should have been level 30.

The loot a pult is the only thing that actually scales and gives loot of your level past 30.

Also gearbox stated there won't be anything updates to the stand alone. A quick one and done drop to garner hype for wonderlands and get some quick cash.

Weak :(.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I can't comprehend how anyone can kill the dragons on TVHM in decent time. Over level 30 with over level 30 guns and it takes like 15-20 mins. 

Play with Easy Mode enabled, then you can wreck the dragons in 5-10mins if you have decent gear :). Salvador in particular can absolutely destroy these guys with a decent Grog Nozzle or Moneyshot build.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:24 AM, HuntingFever said:

Play with Easy Mode enabled, then you can wreck the dragons in 5-10mins if you have decent gear :). Salvador in particular can absolutely destroy these guys with a decent Grog Nozzle or Moneyshot build.

Maybe it’s that I just usually don’t use Sal then. Running a decent Acton build and like I said, my guns are decent. Not amazing but decent and it just takes forever just to kill one.

in the end I did my last few levels in Murderlin’s temple. It wasn’t the most fun but at least I’m not pouring 2000 bullets into something only for it to not die lol.

39 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Maybe it’s that I just usually don’t use Sal then. Running a decent Acton build and like I said, my guns are decent. Not amazing but decent and it just takes forever just to kill one.

in the end I did my last few levels in Murderlin’s temple. It wasn’t the most fun but at least I’m not pouring 2000 bullets into something only for it to not die lol.

Even my Siren only takes approx 10mins to kill the Dragons on Playthrough 1 - just keep slagging them and use a fire weapon for everyone except Incinerator and a Shock weapon for everyone except Helianth, then aim for their head. Also note there is a glitch in the game that causes the dragons to become immune to Slag, if you use a Slag weapon to bring them down to earth so use a non-elemental one for that purpose, then switch to a Shock/Fire weapon and carry on as normal :). The Heartbreaker Shotgun is by far the best Fire weapon for the job but I forget who drops it in this version of the DLC/game.