Bad News For Kena Deluxe Edition Owners (Physical Copy)

GothGirlMaxine

5 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Have they really still not added a NG+ mode or allowed you to start from all difficulties on first play? I'd assume that's something they'd patch in by now, especially since this game seems perfect for a NG+ mode.

I might wait for the patch or simply collect everything on the hardest difficulty to be efficient.

4 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I have received my physical copy of Kena: Bridge Of Spirits early, and installed the game with no patches, but unfortunately the disc is pre installed with 1.06 version, so you won't be able to do the exploit, even with disc copies. 

thank you for the heads up 

I cannot start a new topic for some reason. But it also seems that there is no free upgrade from the physical PlayStation 4 version even though it has it on the box and every website that has it listed as a free upgrade. If there is a way to get the free upgrade just place it in this post please and thank you. I will also post here if it hasn't been answered if I find anything out.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

So everyone who couldnt be bothered to try master waited for nothing basically? What a shame. You couldve platinumed the game during that time. 1f602.png im really thankful some developers dont change just because a few in the minority complains.

Yeah, cuz they probably just waited 2 months doing nothing else instead xD

You make it sound like they have had the worst time ever :P

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

How difficult is master mode? Is it like Valkiryes in God of War hard?

It's not that difficult, rather there are several tricky sections due to finnicky combat/movement/camera controls on Master, and the stupid hold to block button that has been patched to alleviate the issue (only slightly). A couple of boss fights might equate to GOW Valkyries on medium (personal guess)

I wouldn't recommend leaving all the misc trophies and collectibles for Master as it will just add time and annoyance. A run through on whatever difficulty you want to explore the game, collect and do everything is better and then Master final just a straight run to beat the game.

I did it on 1.06 with no exploits, the final boss is the most annoying fight - again due to minions and mobs rather than the boss itself - but it can be cheesed to a degree I think there's a thread here but basically you run/dash to the rock/tree on the left if you can't do it legit. Also there are several really good guides on YT for no-damage boss fights you can use for strats (and have room for error when getting hit)

20 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Yeah, cuz they probably just waited 2 months doing nothing else instead xD

You make it sound like they have had the worst time ever :P

All im saying is that if they really wanted to platinum the game they wouldve at least tried master difficulty. If they had and practiced, they would most likely have the trophy by now. Its the same type of people who are afraid to dip their toes in water thats too cold because theyre afraid to catch a cold because its outside their comfort zone.

Although i do agree that adding a NG+ option wouldve helped but thats not really the issue. The master difficulty glitch was patched and now some people are afraid to play the game. Its honestly not that bad. A few bosses requires patience and learning their attack patterns and the last boss can be cheesed if you want to do that.

Life is a rollercoaster and so is video games sometimes. Not all things has to easy. ?

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 7:14 AM, MAXTHUNDER said:

I cannot start a new topic for some reason. But it also seems that there is no free upgrade from the physical PlayStation 4 version even though it has it on the box and every website that has it listed as a free upgrade. If there is a way to get the free upgrade just place it in this post please and thank you. I will also post here if it hasn't been answered if I find anything out.

This as of right now is the only way I have seen work. If you previously had the PlayStation 4 version installed. You will need to delete your original install of the PlayStation 4 disc version of Kena Bridge of Spirits and then eject the disc and put it back in the PlayStation 5 but don't copy the disc. Press the option button on the dualsense controller and select view product then it should show the "Free" instead of the price and just select that option and it should download the PlayStation 5 digital version of Kena Bridge of Spirits.