Lost My PS3 Trophies

Mudkippz907

I am currently suspended on PSN for 60 days, It has been 35 days since my suspension and I have been on my PS3 finishing some games I always wanted to play, I beat COD World At War on Veteran with all the trophies, only missing the online, platinumed Modern Warfare 2 and got a lot of progress of some other games.

Today my Playstation decided to delete all of my data and I lost all my trophies and have to reinstall everything, I have my save file for World At War and Modern Warfare 2 as well as a couple other games on my USB Drive, would there be any way to get my trophies back?

I guess this would be an issue with Sony, is it really that big of a deal to let us log into the Playstation Network while we are suspended? Let alone sync our trophies. I would figure it would be reasonable to suspend people from chatting with other players and playing online games but if you are suspended you can't log in at all, and it cost me trophies and save data because I can't upload to plus.  

There wouldn't be any way to get your trophies back, as if they aren't synced to the servers and they are deleted then they're gone for good. Also, using your current save files for World At War and Modern Warfare 2 and any other game saves may end up auto-popping trophies in a way that look cheated and would most likely end up with those games being flagged on this site. The only way to legitimately get those trophies "back" would be to replay them unfortunately. 

For reference, there is a thread detailing what would result in a flag on this site:

In this instance, even though it wasn't intended, it would break this rule:

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network.” Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 

• 2 years later...
On 11/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, Stevieboy said:

There wouldn't be any way to get your trophies back, as if they aren't synced to the servers and they are deleted then they're gone for good. Also, using your current save files for World At War and Modern Warfare 2 and any other game saves may end up auto-popping trophies in a way that look cheated and would most likely end up with those games being flagged on this site. The only way to legitimately get those trophies "back" would be to replay them unfortunately. 

For reference, there is a thread detailing what would result in a flag on this site:

In this instance, even though it wasn't intended, it would break this rule:

Seriously? You can't upload YOUR OWN save file to obtain lost trophies? This is riddiculous lol

5 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Seriously? You can't upload YOUR OWN save file to obtain lost trophies? This is riddiculous lol

The trophies would look exactly like cheated trophies, and there is no way to prove that this isn't the case. This rule is not ridiculous, every cheater could claim that Sony took away their work and forge "evidence" of this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fbdbh said:

The trophies would look exactly like cheated trophies, and there is no way to prove that this isn't the case. This rule is not ridiculous, every cheater could claim that Sony took away their work and forge "evidence" of this.

There is a way to prove it by recording the process

1 minute ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Recording what process exactly?

You would have to record yourself playing the game in the first place and then losing the trophies and then putting the save files back in. 

Recording yourself putting in a save file to a completed game or whatever is not evidence. Recoding whatever is on a screen is not evidence. The screen can be forged.

25 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

For the record, the above post was worded poorly, they wouldn't look like cheated trophies, they would be cheated trophies. Having timestamps that occur from using the save of a previous unsynced profile is not considered a legitimate method, so recording the process would only be proof of guilt.

Edited by NamoPh