? Skyrim PS4 to PS5 Trophy "Guide" ?

Swotam

If I start a new character with my old saves in my console, do any of the trophies pop automatically? To clarify, I don't want any of the trophies to autopop, I want to collect them all again normally. Can I just open the PS5 version and start playing a new save or do I have to remove the old saves from my console storage to avoid any autopopping?

Great guide, thanks for posting! Not saying anyone necessarily should go for my record using save transfers, but I would certainly love to see the attempt lol.

16 minutes ago, Lokkijumala said:

If I start a new character with my old saves in my console, do any of the trophies pop automatically? To clarify, I don't want any of the trophies to autopop, I want to collect them all again normally. Can I just open the PS5 version and start playing a new save or do I have to remove the old saves from my console storage to avoid any autopopping?

None of the trophies in the game auto-pop, Bethesda made it clear in a recent blog post. If you've met the requirements for a trophy, it won't unlock automatically unless you have some way to trigger it again (like the 100,000 gold)

Edit: reading what you said more clearly, you can play on PS5 with PS4 saves no problem, just don't save transfer.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lokkijumala said:

If you start a new game on PS5 you will have to earn all the trophies from scratch. There is no auto-pop and importing is something you have to do manually, so if you want to earn all the trophies again just start a new game and off you go.

• Like 1

Thanks for the guide! Managed to get most of these within a few hours 

The 100k didn’t work for me though. I had 80k and worked up from there, maybe being just under voids this one annoyingly. The hard worker didn’t work for me either after numerous attempts! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikem192 said:

The 100k didn’t work for me though. I had 80k and worked up from there, maybe being just under voids this one annoyingly. The hard worker didn’t work for me either after numerous attempts! 

I also had trouble getting golden touch to pop even though the character I transferred in had over 200,000 at that point. I found and transferred an earlier save where I had about 150,000 and was able to pop the trophy then for some reason. So the autopop is definitely finicky on that particular one. Disappointing that starting at 80k and working up didn't trigger it. Also, Hard Worker is one of the trophies listed as having to start a new playthrough. I too tried it like three times before realizing I will need a new game for it haha. 

7 hours ago, mikem192 said:

The 100k only unlocks if you have 100k gold or more on your character and you then earn or steal some gold. My character had 400k+ and it popped as soon as I pickpocketed some NPC.

Hard Worker needs to be unlocked in a new play through for whatever reason as indicated in my initial post. 

Edited by Swotam

On 21/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Swotam said:

The 100k only unlocks if you have 100k gold or more on your character and you then earn or steal some gold. My character had 400k+ and it popped as soon as I pickpocketed some NPC.

Hard Worker needs to be unlocked in a new play through for whatever reason as indicated in my initial post. 

Ahhh my bad on the hard worker one! I just assumed and didn’t read the post fully 

I have way over 100k now and it didn’t trigger at all. Even after working my way up 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone tested this already:

I only played the PS3 and VR stacks of Skyrim. So I still have the PS4 stack to play. I was wondering, if it would be possible to complete both stacks at the same time. 

For example the story based trophies: The game aoutsaves everytime you enter another instance through a door etc. Lets say you enter a building, talk to someone and then the story trophy pops. Would it  be possible to import the autosave from before talking with that person into the ps5 version and trigger the story trophy again or would the information that the trophy is already unlocked be carried over?

It would be nice if that worked, because then you could simply play the ps4 version and everytime you earn a trophy, you simply import the latest autosave into the ps5 version to earn the trophy again.

21 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Maybe someone tested this already:

I only played the PS3 and VR stacks of Skyrim. So I still have the PS4 stack to play. I was wondering, if it would be possible to complete both stacks at the same time. 

For example the story based trophies: The game aoutsaves everytime you enter another instance through a door etc. Lets say you enter a building, talk to someone and then the story trophy pops. Would it  be possible to import the autosave from before talking with that person into the ps5 version and trigger the story trophy again or would the information that the trophy is already unlocked be carried over?

It would be nice if that worked, because then you could simply play the ps4 version and everytime you earn a trophy, you simply import the latest autosave into the ps5 version to earn the trophy again.

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, you’d just need to know when you’re about to get the trophy and then import the save to the PS5 to unlock it again. I’m not sure if auto-saves can be imported, so you might need to make manual save before you get a trophy and import that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2021 at 11:10 AM, mikem192 said:

So I did some testing as to why my 100k didn’t pop and I’ve finally got it to work

Basically, I had to go over my highest earned gold stat for the trophy to pop. Which was 126k. I had obviously spent loads and got down to 80k before the PS5 version was released. As soon as I got over 126k it popped no problem. So although yes, if you have over 100k the trophy will auto pop after collecting a single gold. I believe your highest earned gold has to be what you currently have and not under. Otherwise it won’t trigger 

Hope this helps anyone 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Would all you Skyrim veterans say the PS5 version is the definitive version to play on? Or is the PS4 one better?

Ps5 version is class. Quick loading screens/fast travel (barely even see them) runs smooth and I’ve had zero crashes or glitches

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, DerHerzeleid said:

Good stuff but for Skyrim... I'd rather start from scratch. I LOVE Skyrim enough that it is my all time fave game. I played it on PC (Have well over 3000 hours played) played on the Xbox 360, One and PS4. I am again gonna enjoy playing it all again on PS5.

I agree. Most of the trophies I would of got naturally anyway on my PS5 play through. Which I’m absolutely loving, even if it is my third console I’m doing it on!

The few I’m glad I popped using my PS4 save is the legendary dragon, werewolf/vampire mastered, 100k and Stalhrim Crafter! They are the only pain in the arse ones 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:03 AM, mikem192 said:

So I did some testing as to why my 100k didn’t pop and I’ve finally got it to work

Basically, I had to go over my highest earned gold stat for the trophy to pop. Which was 126k. I had obviously spent loads and got down to 80k before the PS5 version was released. As soon as I got over 126k it popped no problem. So although yes, if you have over 100k the trophy will auto pop after collecting a single gold. I believe your highest earned gold has to be what you currently have and not under. Otherwise it won’t trigger 

Hope this helps anyone 

Thanks for this I had 291k on my PS4 character and couldn't figure out what was going on.  My character had held 313k gold so I just had to sell stuff to get back to that number.

• Like 1

Ok I finally got through it first off @Swotam many thanks for this work!

Observations:

I feel like I was incredibly fortunate in this run I was basically able to get all the "possible" trophies except for Hidden Knowledge because I got all 7 black books in my PS4 playthrough but I also got Oblivion Walker & Thu'um Master as well which is a more than fair trade.

• Reader: Find a dungeon you haven't cleared on this list which will also get you Delver
  • Words of Power: I managed to unlock this and Thu'um Master from the word wall at Autumnwatch Tower which was the only dragon's lair I hadn't cleared.
  • Legend: Arcwind Point will give you the legendary dragon
  • Werewolf & Vampire Mastery: Man I got lucky here and was still with Vampirism and had Alea as both my wife & follower so she was able to give me lycanthropy without having to go anywhere
  • Sideways: Use this list and be smarter than me who did 3 quests before consulting the list 
  • Golden Touch: As stated above you have to increment your max gold held stat to get the trophy to pop so I sold dragon bone and scale I had been hoarding
  • Skill Master: Holy crap I lucked out here my heavy armor stat was at 96 and I still had Oghma Infinium unread so I picked warrior skills and triggered 100 via the +5 level boost
  • Solstheim Explorer: I was worried about this one because I had thought I got all the locations but there was a cave right next to Raven Rock that I hadn't visited (they may have added content here not sure)

As far as Oblivion Walker goes I was fortunate enough to have done the duplicate item glitch in Ill Met By Moonlight and still had A Daedra's Best Friend in my quest log.  After getting the axe and making Clavicus Vile keep the dog both Daedric Influence and Oblivion Walker popped.

Now I can basically speedrun through the game doing all the trophy quests with the only real grinds being the Thieves Guild radiant quests and the Hearthfire trophies which is awesome.

Edited by honeybone

• 1 month later...