? Skyrim PS4 to PS5 Trophy "Guide" ?

Swotam

On 12/17/2021 at 9:29 AM, mikem192 said:

Ps5 version is class. Quick loading screens/fast travel (barely even see them) runs smooth and I’ve had zero crashes or glitches

Just add - takes up barely any storage (its only about 16gb!) and the extra stuff added by the Legendary edition feels like its always been in there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, Swotam said:

OK, so it's not really a guide, but for anyone who has the Skyrim Special Edition Platinum on PS4, and wants to earn the Platinum again on the PS5 version of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition, this post should help you understand which trophies can be earned by importing a save from PS4, and which ones need to be earned by playing a new game on a new character.

Assumptions:

• you have earned Platinum on PS4
  • you have access to a save file that you can import to your PS5
  • your character is level 79 or higher
  • your character has over 100,000 gold
  • you have completed 100% of the trophies for the main game and the three DLC packs

Explaining how to import a PS4 save on your PS5 is beyond the scope of this post. Needless to say, if you look at the main menu in the PS5 version you'll see an option to import a save right there, so that's where you start.

Trophies That Require a New Playthrough on a New Character

• all main story trophies
  • all DLC story trophies
  • all faction trophies (Companions, Thieves Guild, etc.)
  • all civil war trophies (Imperial or Stormcloak allegiance)
  • all Daedric quests that reward Daedric artifacts
  • Hard Worker
  • Married
  • Thu'um Master
  • Dawnguard: Soul Tear
  • Hearthfire: Landowner, Architect, Land Baron, Master Architect
  • Dragonborn: Dragon Aspect, Raven Rock Owner

Trophies That Might Require a New Playthrough on a New Character (all of this assumes you are playing on an imported character save)

• Reader: if you can find at least one unread skill book the trophy will unlock when you read it, otherwise you need to find 50 in a new game
  • Words of Power: if you have at least one un-learned word for one of your shouts the trophy will unlock when you unlock the word using a dragon soul. If not you will get this automatically during your new game as you progress through the story
  • Citizen: if you have not already bought all the houses in the game you can buy any one to unlock the trophy, otherwise you need to get this in a new game
  • Dawnguard - Werewolf Mastered: if you currently have the ability to change into a werewolf, the trophy should unlock as soon as you do so. If you have cured yourself and cannot get Aela the Huntress to infect you again (she only does it once), you will need to get the trophy in a new game
  • Dawnguard - Vampire Mastered: if you currently have the ability to change into a vampire, the trophy should unlock as soon as you do so. If you have cured yourself you can visit Serana who can infect you again. Once you switch to Vampire form the trophy will unlock.
  • Hearthfire - Proud Parent: if you have only adopted one child then you can adopt a second one to unlock the trophy. If you have already adopted two children (the maximum) then you will need to adopt one in a new game
  • Dragonborn - Hidden Knowledge: if you have not already found all of the Black Books then you simply need to find one and complete it to unlock the trophy. If you have discovered them all then you will need to do this in a new game

Trophies That Do Not Require a New Playthrough on a New Character (all of this assumes you are playing on an imported character save)

• Sideways: complete one more side quest and the trophy will unlock
  • Hero of the People: complete one more miscellaneous quest and the trophy will unlock
  • Thief: pick one lock or pickpocket one person and the trophy will unlock
  • Snake Tongue: successfully persuade, bribe, or intimidate one person and the trophy will unlock
  • Blessed: go to any standing stone and get a blessing and the trophy will unlock
  • Standing Stones: fast travel to one or two standing stones and the trophy should unlock
  • Wanted: get arrested and then escape from jail and the trophy will unlock
  • Artificer: create one smithed item, or enchant an item, or create a potion and the trophy will unlock
  • Master Criminal: kill a guard in each of the 9 holds to get a 1000g bounty and the trophy will unlock
  • Golden Touch: obtain gold from any source and the trophy will unlock (as long as you have 100,000g on your character)
  • Delver: clear one un-cleared dungeon (or just wander around the world) and the trophy will unlock
  • Skill Master: get any skill to 100 and the trophy will unlock
  • Explorer: discover one new location and the trophy will unlock
  • Dragon Soul: kill one dragon and absorb its soul and the trophy will unlock
  • Dragon Hunter: this should unlock at the same time as Dragon Soul
  • Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master: level up one time and all of these trophies should unlock
  • Dawnguard - Auriel's Bow: repeat the requirements for the trophy (shoot the sun with the special arrow) and it will unlock
  • Dawnguard - A New You: visit the vendor in The Cistern and pay to change your appearance and the trophy will unlock
  • Dawnguard - Legend: kill a Legendary dragon and the trophy will unlock
  • Dragonborn - Stalhrim Crafter: craft any item out of Stalhrim and the trophy will unlock
  • Dragonborn - Dragonrider: tame and ride any 5 dragons to unlock the trophy. Note that it may unlock early.
  • Dragonborn - Solstheim Explorer: discover one undiscovered location in Solstheim and the trophy will unlock

This guide is based on personal experience unlocking PS5 trophies on a level 81 character imported from PS4 to PS5 using a single save file. Your mileage may vary. If you are one of those super thorough people who discovered absolutely everything in game then some of the trophies may require addition effort in a new game to unlock. If you have a bunch of PS4 saves from different points in the game that you can import to PS5 then some trophies may require less effort to unlock, etc.

TLDR: you can unlock roughly 1/2 of the trophies on PS5 by importing a character from PS4 and doing whatever is required one more time or by repeating the requirements. All story trophies and several miscellaneous trophies will require you to replay the story again, there's no avoiding that.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there.

I didn’t have any issues popping the architect trophy and master architect trophy I just loaded a save where I was close to done with the third wing/third house and popped fine I didn’t get the plot of land trophies to pop sadly as I didn’t have saves prior to buying plots gonna try it now. I did have issues getting 100,000 gold to pop I even loaded saves where I was at 99k and nothing lol weird 

Edited by CouponKarl93

4 hours ago, CouponKarl93 said:

I didn’t have any issues popping the architect trophy and master architect trophy I just loaded a save where I was close to done with the third wing/third house and popped fine I didn’t get the plot of land trophies to pop sadly as I didn’t have saves prior to buying plots gonna try it now. I did have issues getting 100,000 gold to pop I even loaded saves where I was at 99k and nothing lol weird 

For the "100,000" gold trophy you have to obtain more than what your previous highest was - if you check in the stats, it'll tell you what the most gold you've carried is - that figure is your new trigger point if you've carried over 100,000 already.

I had trouble finding a legendary dragon - seems like they only spawn once per character level - I did a bit of power levelling some magic skills to get me to the next rank and then fast travelled around the dragon sites until one showed up.

No matter how many times I went to Arcwind Point - one never showed up...

4 hours ago, p9ul said:

For the "100,000" gold trophy you have to obtain more than what your previous highest was - if you check in the stats, it'll tell you what the most gold you've carried is - that figure is your new trigger point if you've carried over 100,000 already.

I had trouble finding a legendary dragon - seems like they only spawn once per character level - I did a bit of power levelling some magic skills to get me to the next rank and then fast travelled around the dragon sites until one showed up.

No matter how many times I went to Arcwind Point - one never showed up...

So that’s why I couldn’t get the dragon to appear so weird I do have a lot of stuff worth enough to pop it so I’ll try it idk if they did something to make other stuff pop but I had stuff pop with proper saves that others said wouldn’t or couldn’t pop for them.