BloodRayne on PS4

jhill_what

Is there a reason developers/publishers choose not to give a game a platinum? Considering that the two minute shovelware games get them so easily, you'd think it'd be given automatically to every newly released game. I don't understand why they would choose to not add a platinum if they were given the choice, especially when it can only help in sales. I still plan on buying them for nostalgia's sake, but I'm really disappointed there's no platinums for either of them.

Edited by Monochrome
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Monochrome said:

Is there a reason developers/publishers choose not to give a game a platinum? Considering that the two minute shovelware games get them so easily, you'd think it'd be given automatically to every newly released game. I don't understand why they would choose to not add a platinum if they were given the choice, especially when it can only help in sales. I still plan on buying them for nostalgia's sake, but I'm really disappointed there's no platinums for either of them.

Clearly there is a reason, but without asking them, every single reason anyone gives is just as valid as any other. 

It’s possible they just don’t care about trophies and did the bare minimum because they had to. It’s more effort and time to add more trophies. Maybe the minuscule possible increase in sales didn’t warrant the extra work. 

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Clearly there is a reason, but without asking them, every single reason anyone gives is just as valid as any other. 

It’s possible they just don’t care about trophies and did the bare minimum because they had to. It’s more effort and time to add more trophies. Maybe the minuscule possible increase in sales didn’t warrant the extra work. 

Yeah, but 12 golds is enough for a plat and these games are 13 trophies so…..

I believe it might cost more to have the game have a plat.

In all likelihood, the devs just really don’t give a shit about the trophies 

I wouldn't be surprised if adding a Plat cost more. There have been reports of Sony charging fees for ridiculous things.

The main version was done by Terminal Reality on PC (Terminal Cut versions on Steam) and does not have achievements. Console version by Big Boat Interactive, so they added some. Some is better than none.

Looking forward to it either way, missed it on PS2.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 0:09 PM, syn1905 said:

Cheats dont work at all

I'd read something on another message board that some of the cheats do work, but it's not the important ones like god mode or infinite ammo. Mainly cosmetic stuff like show weapons and jiggly effects. Think I'll pass on these games for now, back in the day I beat them legit so in all honesty I feel I shouldn't be blocked from the best options in the cheat menu.