Holographic and 10-graded Cards (My Precious and Minted Trophies)

Andrea9281

For those of you that have actually unlocked one or both of these trophies, how did you manage to do so? Did you get the lucky cards from locker code packs, paid boxes/packs, award packs from limited or draft? Which card was the lucky one for you, and when did you pull it?

I have graded over 200 cards, possibly close to 300, with not even 1 10-graded. I have also opened a fair few packs, most of which were free (locker codes, rewards etc) but last weekend I spent 600k MT, nearly my entire savings, without getting a single 10-graded or holographic card. The rarity on both of these trophies isn't THAT bad, but for me it seems nearly impossible. I have a few theories but would value the input of others in assessing them :)

Finally, does this trophy auto-pop from PS4 to PS5 if you keep the cards in your collection? What about from PS5 to PS4 if you earn it on the newer console first?

Thanks!

About 10-graded: I'm probably after grading 250-300 cards. Doing everything in stacks of 10 (ppl on other forums say so). On my third or fourth grading process I used one non OO card, cause I had only 9. Guess what. Yes, you are correct. Game gave me 10 on exactly that f***ing card! One out of almost 300 til now.

About Holo cards: Probably at some point there will be a guaranteed holo card pack in locker code (or player), pack market, season rewards or somewhere else. 2K always giveaway everything at some point.

If you can use AH to your advantage, just keep earning MT and buy deluxe packs (1-2 players from each one) over and over. At some point you will achieve both. You're not the only one who hates RNG trophies.

Update:

Today I was opening new Flash packs hoping to get some OO Flash 4 to get Agenda Challenges. In my 6th pack I dropped Holo Emerald Lamelo Ball.

I've opened about 150 Deluxe/Standard Packs and got nothing. Meanwhile I've opened only 10 special packs in total and dropped Holo. It probably doesn't matter and was just coincidence, but there's a little chance that special packs have higher chance for dropping Holo.

Update 2: 

And after opening these packs I've sent cards for grading. Got it on first pick from 10 stack. Maybe today is lucky day in 2k22 lol

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 2

Thought I'd share an update of my own as it contains useful information for people planning to do the plat on both PS4 and PS5:

Today I ripped 500k MT worth of single packs. I actually got an insane pull on my second one - Pink Diamond 75th Anniversary Giannis. I put all my Hall of Fame badges on him and he sold for over 2 million MT, financing many more of these pack opening endeavors.

Anyways, after about 250k spent I got my first holographic card in 2k22 - Ruby Dell Curry from the new Mystic set. Unfortunately the trophy did NOT pop when i went back to PS4. So I think those of us who want to do both stacks will have to get a 10-graded and holographic pull on both consoles.

Unless someone can confirm otherwise I would suggest getting rid of your holo/10-graded card after you get it on one gen, before you try to get the trophy again on the other gen. I worry that the game might see you already have a holo/10 in your collection and not award the trophy with the pack opening, though this is pure speculation. You don't lose anything significant from taking this step and it's a lot better than having to do it for a third time if the trophy does indeed glitch.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:35 AM, Yo_Its_DLOADING said:

ive graded around 450 cards not a single 10 this shits ridiculous 

I was at about 300ish myself until I decided to save 30 cards and grade them all at once. On the last box of 10 it finally popped. Now that holo card is another story.. Prolly wasted 400k mt so far and counting.

Try having players who can shoot, have nice releases, play defense and have ideal badges (or at least the ability to have them)  Those cards tend to be rated pretty high.  You definitely have a better chance with a center who can shoot.  While it's not a guarantee ten, there's definitely criteria to help your chances.

Edited by grimydawg___

19 hours ago, Nickeloadagun said:

I was at about 300ish myself until I decided to save 30 cards and grade them all at once. On the last box of 10 it finally popped. Now that holo card is another story.. Prolly wasted 400k mt so far and counting.

Did you try opening themed packs? I think I can confirm that holo cards drops more ofter from them. I don't open standard packs anymore (only free that I got by playing), but I do buy 3-4 every new theme + 1-2 free from challenge and locker codes. I already got 3 holo in about 30-40 themed packs (2 standard cards and 1 themed), when didn't have single one from more than 200 standard packs.

17 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Try having players who can shoot, have nice releases, play defense and have ideal badges (or at least the ability to have them)  Those cards tend to be rated pretty high.  You definitely have a better chance with a center who can shoot.  While it's not a guarantee ten, there's definitely criteria to help your chances.

Hmmmm? You talking about something else than the rest. The trophy they talk about is 100% rng. The only difference between high and low rated cards in grading process is MT bonus for same grade.

Edited by SaviorKIA

2 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

Hmmmm? You talking about something else than the rest. The trophy they talk about is 100% rng. The only difference between high and low rated cards in grading process is MT bonus for same grade.

You don't say......  I'm saying cards will have a higher chance to be graded a 9.5-10 compared to others that will almost certainly be a 7

Edited by grimydawg___

10 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

You don't say......  I'm saying cards will have a higher chance to be graded a 9.5-10 compared to others that will almost certainly be a 7

You're wrong. I have great playable worthy cards graded 7-8 on all of them. Meanwhile from three 10 grades I've got, two are low gold non usable cards and one is playable amethyst. Checking my collection, I would say that average grades on low rated cards are better than on usable ones. As I said it's totally RNG trophy.

4 hours ago, JayBoyXI said:

Holo cards in all packs, or just the special packs they release weekly? 

Every pack that is not labeled "League". E.g. right now there are NBA 75 and Maxed Out themed packs available.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

You're wrong. I have great playable worthy cards graded 7-8 on all of them. Meanwhile from three 10 grades I've got, two are low gold non usable cards and one is playable amethyst. Checking my collection, I would say that average grades on low rated cards are better than on usable ones. As I said it's totally RNG trophy.

Every pack that is not labeled "League". E.g. right now there are NBA 75 and Maxed Out themed packs available.

My George Mikan (flash version) is a 9.75, David Robinson (both pink diamonds)is a 10, Myles Turner is a 9.  I have five cards rated a ten, all good cards and centers.  It's the opposite for me.  

7 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

My George Mikan (flash version) is a 9.75, David Robinson (both pink diamonds)is a 10, Myles Turner is a 9.  I have five cards rated a ten, all good cards and centers.  It's the opposite for me.  

Maybe it's just luck. I have tons of 9,5-9.75 (from golds to diamonds), but only three 10. I still think it's rng, cause I don't see any logic in hundreds of cards I've graded.

Edited by SaviorKIA

To give people an idea of how rare a holographic card actually is:

I ripped 74 premium packs today + the new challenge pack. Total cost was around 1.125 million MT. I pulled TWO of the new signed Kobe cards, two other pink diamonds and 3 diamonds. I still have not pulled a holographic card on PS4.

Last week I spent about 600k MT on packs and got two PD Jimmy Butlers but no holo...either I am cursed or the odds of actually pulling these are incredibly small.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got Holo cards in both PS4 and PS5 buying the 21k MT End Game packs. I spent around 300~400k MT total for 2 Holo cards.

70% of the time the prizes are gold cards that worth 700 MT, a huge waste of money! But once you get the 99 OVR cards, the chance to get Holo is quite high. I really recommend trying.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, israellaks said:

I got Holo cards in both PS4 and PS5 buying the 21k MT End Game packs. I spent around 300~400k MT total for 2 Holo cards.

70% of the time the prizes are gold cards that worth 700 MT, a huge waste of money! But once you get the 99 OVR cards, the chance to get Holo is quite high. I really recommend trying.

Thanks for mentioning this. I already have 1 of the 2 holo cards I need with over 900k mt to spend on the packs so I’m glad someone has confirmed the chances are a lot higher now.

• Like 1