Hardmode is total BS.

caasuaI_

I can't believe almost 50% people got platinum in this. This is hard af and I mean most bosses in Dark Souls were easier for me than this... how is this possible? I think the main problem with these "mini-games" in death mode is they are VERY tedious and I can't force myself to repeat them 100 times. I grew-up in NES era, but this mode is still BS!

Keep trying. I assure you that it is absolutely not that hard.

Some level are frustrating, but usually, less than 5 or 10 tries is enough to complete the level.

Also, you earn one trophy for each level, which is really fast :P

I can't believe almost 50% people got platinum in this. This is hard af and I mean most bosses in Dark Souls were easier for me than this... how is this possible? I think the main problem with these "mini-games" in death mode is they are VERY tedious and I can't force myself to repeat them 100 times. I grew-up in NES era, but this mode is still BS!

I assume it's about 50% people because most people who originally bought it, bought it because of the double/triple plat. Since they put their money into, they just went hard until they got it.

The number should significantly go down now that Plus users can play it and not everyone can or will try to platinum it

I agree though, the death modes are ridiculous.

Keep trying. I assure you that it is absolutely not that hard.

Some level are frustrating, but usually, less than 5 or 10 tries is enough to complete the level.

Also, you earn one trophy for each level, which is really fast :P

5-10 tries? Are you some sort of Sound Shapes god?

Some of them are beyond easy but then there are the ones that will make you break your Vita.

Level 2 in first album was the most annoying thing ever. And the one where they shoot lasers like an X is near impossible with skill alone; you need like 90% luck.

For death modes, skill is not what helps you. It is luck and only luck. I hate when I get a lucky game going and then die because there's so many red objects so close together in a tight space.

I have 9 levels left. Half of these, I cannot see any chance of passing without the illest amount of luck in the world. The other four I have yet to try cause I played for hours and didn't get a single one of the five I did play.

Hmm, about the: It would be fair/good/etc if the notes would spawn in the same spot.

Well, in that case the Mode wouldn't be called hard/death, it would be really easy. 

Why?, because it would like other typical games, just watch one video and do that.

And I go beyond that, in the game the traps sync with the music theme, so totally memory stuff.

There are some stages more complicated than others but I only found two where the luck factor laugh at you, and you can rage easily. The other ones is just patience.

I assume it's about 50% people because most people who originally bought it, bought it because of the double/triple plat. Since they put their money into, they just went hard until they got it.

The number should significantly go down now that Plus users can play it and not everyone can or will try to platinum it

I agree though, the death modes are ridiculous.

Actually, I don't think that now that is free the game is going to be a common platinum, I mean, yeah you'll find now thousands of new owners, but that's not going to make the mode easy or enjoyable If owners find the luck factor irritating as many of people commenting here.

And BTW, I'm probably one of the few who actually liked the game (included the death mode), I even bought twice, and I didn't platinum because i pay for it but because I like it.

I'll give till next holiday, November-December, good amount time to see if the game drastically drops rarity :)

Event Horizon #2 was my worst enemy in this game. It took me 45 minutes to finish that level. I just had shit luck with the coins or whatever it was called. Not cool man, not cool.

I think it could be possible to make challenging platformer without it being unfair. But what the fuck do I know.

5-10 tries? Are you some sort of Sound Shapes god?

Some of them are beyond easy but then there are the ones that will make you break your Vita.

Level 2 in first album was the most annoying thing ever. And the one where they shoot lasers like an X is near impossible with skill alone; you need like 90% luck.

For death modes, skill is not what helps you. It is luck and only luck. I hate when I get a lucky game going and then die because there's so many red objects so close together in a tight space.

I have 9 levels left. Half of these, I cannot see any chance of passing without the illest amount of luck in the world. The other four I have yet to try cause I played for hours and didn't get a single one of the five I did play.

I'm not a "sound shape god", but i consider myself to be a decent player in any kind of game. I played this game for the first time about a year ago, and it didn't felt so hard to me :/

You can look at my trophy list for this game here:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1552-Sound-Shapes/lesk8vaincra?order=date〈=en#content

as you can see,

- for 10 level, it took less than a minute each to complete (including loading times and breaks......)

- for 13 level, it took me less than 10 minutes each (mostly between 1 and 5 minutes, though...) (and again, including loading times and breaks)

- for the last 10 levels, it took me between 10 and 30 minutes each

Luck is your best friends for some of those level, but skill takes a major part ;)

Edited by lesk8vaincra
  • Like 1

Not looking forward to it. Bought the cross buy with all the DLC's so probably start it in a week or so since I paid for it. Heard its easier with the Vita so will give that a try. Wish me luck.

All luck to you, I platinumed on PS3 , and yes, I also heard that it's easier on vita, I hope it is, patience ;)

Lol at people thinking this platinum is piss easy because of its platinum rarity

It's a sad age for gaming when people consider sound shapes a hard game

Oh, lookie here. I'm guessing you did all the Death Mode levels first attempt, then?

I got through them all pretty easily on this account, but I can't say the same thing for when I did them on my old one

Edited by Aela

Lol at people thinking this platinum is piss easy because of its platinum rarity

Oh, lookie here. I'm guessing you did all the Death Mode levels first attempt, then?

I got through them all pretty easily on this account, but I can't say the same thing for when I did them on my old one

Well, I think that he/she came with that comment because if you read all other comments here there's even one that almost say that Dark souls games are a walk in the park compared with Death mode. :D

A sad age for gaming? I assume you're perfect at every game ever then? I assume you can play resident evil on hard mode with dying a single time?

Sound shapes overall isn't hard, but it's not easy. People think because of plat rarity it's a 1/10. It's easily a 4 or 5.

But not everyone can be amazing at every game like you oh great HardXSXtraga. Different people are good at different things. I suck at Team Fortress 2. I suck at most online shooters. Does that make me one of those sad gamers in this sad age of gaming? It just means multiplayer shooters aren't my thing. I'm very good at offline and co-op shooter games like borderlands or even playing the campaigns of MP shooters.

Don't act so snobby cause you in

I just want to point out something. The so called difficulty in sound shape isn't a problem since those deathmode level are doable in less than a minute. Death is NOT punitive, and dying IS a part of learning the game. I'll try to be clear:

- if i had to die 500 times to finish any Final Fantasy game, it would be a huge pain in the ass, because every time you die, you have to play the same 5 or 10 minutes again.

- On the other hand dying 500 times to finish Super Meat boy isn't a problem. Everytime you die, you only loose 5 or 10 secs.

So yeah, you could see super meat boy as an ultra hard game only for superplayers, just because "you die a lot". But don't focus on how many time you fail.

Also, if sound shape was easier, it wouldn't be a great game. A game where you can achieve everything in less than a minutes is NOT a great game :/.

edit: i saw in your profile that you platted Hotline Miami. I also did. How many time did you had to retry some levels to get an A+ ranking? Many times, isn't it? Would you have enjoy the game more if you could have done every single room in a single attempt?

Edited by lesk8vaincra
  • Like 1

I just want to point out something. The so called difficulty in sound shape isn't a problem since those deathmode level are doable in less than a minute. Death is NOT punitive, and dying IS a part of learning the game. I'll try to be clear:

- if i had to die 500 times to finish any Final Fantasy game, it would be a huge pain in the ass, because every time you die, you have to play the same 5 or 10 minutes again.

- On the other hand dying 500 times to finish Super Meat boy isn't a problem. Everytime you die, you only loose 5 or 10 secs.

So yeah, you could see super meat boy as an ultra hard game only for superplayers, just because "you die a lot". But don't focus on how many time you fail.

Also, if sound shape was easier, it wouldn't be a great game. A game where you can achieve everything in less than a minutes is NOT a great game :/

I think you misunderstood.

I know the dying is a part of a game. I expected that of this game right away. 

What I am saying, is this game is skill based. If you don't have the skill, you will not find it easy. 

In addition to that, the death mode is skill AND luck based. On top of the skill, you need to be lucky.

It can be done in a minute, but only if that first try is your lucky try. Some levels I did complete on first try. Got very lucky with arrangement of coins. But getting that lucky play can take a while.

And yes, the difficulty does make it more fun and enjoyable. I don't want to just play for 10 minutes and drop the game. I got this for free, but to people who bought it, that would be a shame. 

But that doesn't change the fact that it can be a difficult game from person to person, as all games are. The hardXDX said it's a sad age for gaming when people find this game hard. I could say the same thing about MMORPG's cause I'm really good at those. Just cause I'm good doesn't mean everyone will be good. That's all I was referring to.

Edit:

Oh Hotline Miami was disgustingly fun. The difficulty of the game made it that much better. But it wasn't really luck based.

The luck is what I don't like about death mode. I feel like requires more luck than skill. Not no skill at all, just more luck than skill. 

Side note: I really want Hotline Miami 2. Hotline Miami was soooooooooo good. Getting that 12 kill combo was difficult to pull off but I enjoyed every second of slashing away at enemies while getting it. I heard Hotline Miami 2 has a mission where you control 2 people. How does that work exactly?

Edited by Tanvir175

I think you misunderstood.

I know the dying is a part of a game. I expected that of this game right away. 

What I am saying, is this game is skill based. If you don't have the skill, you will not find it easy. 

In addition to that, the death mode is skill AND luck based. On top of the skill, you need to be lucky.

It can be done in a minute, but only if that first try is your lucky try. Some levels I did complete on first try. Got very lucky with arrangement of coins. But getting that lucky play can take a while.

And yes, the difficulty does make it more fun and enjoyable. I don't want to just play for 10 minutes and drop the game. I got this for free, but to people who bought it, that would be a shame. 

But that doesn't change the fact that it can be a difficult game from person to person, as all games are. The hardXDX said it's a sad age for gaming when people find this game hard. I could say the same thing about MMORPG's cause I'm really good at those. Just cause I'm good doesn't mean everyone will be good. That's all I was referring to.

i don't remember many level where luck was really that important (but again, i played more than a year ago). Of course when the game is really a bitch, it is hard. If it pops the notes at the very opposite every time, you won't be able to clear the level. But statistically, it is very unlikely :D. From what i recall, i would say that 10% of my tries were lucky, 20% were unlucky, and 70% were decent, or normal.

Of course, the best you are, the easier it will be. A very good player will be able to earn the trophies with an unlucky pattern, while most of the players will have to wait for a lucky pattern to earn the trophies. But then again, failure is always possible, even with a decent pattern, so of course for some level you'll lose 30 or 50 times in a row.

i don't remember many level where luck was really that important (but again, i played more than a year ago). Of course when the game is really a bitch, it is hard. If it pops the notes at the very opposite every time, you won't be able to clear the level. But statistically, it is very unlikely :D. From what i recall, i would say that 10% of my tries were lucky, 20% were unlucky, and 70% were decent, or normal.

Of course, the best you are, the easier it will be. A very good player will be able to earn the trophies with an unlucky pattern, while most of the players will have to wait for a lucky pattern to earn the trophies. But then again, failure is always possible, even with a decent pattern, so of course for some level you'll lose 30 or 50 times in a row.

The only thing with death mode being lucky is the time in which you are spawned in at and where the hazards are at the time. This includes where the points spawn at aswell. There is one death mode (not sure what the level is called) but there is 4 platforms with sharks? jumping up and down which is a perfect example of this.

Ugh seriously. I died over 100 times on the level Galaxanoids. I also found the second level really difficult. That one was purely skill based though because it required changing direction at the right timing to avoid bouncing twice on the same object. I ended up getting it after figuring out the timing. I died a lot of first cause I wasn't patient with it. Galaxanoids is just pure evil. Same for the one with that one guy shooting a laser. He shoots it so fast, I have no time to react to it. 

Btw, I edited the first post with a question about Hotline Miami 2. Since you played it, would you look back at it and answer it if you can? Thanks!

Ugh seriously. I died over 100 times on the level Galaxanoids. I also found the second level really difficult. That one was purely skill based though because it required changing direction at the right timing to avoid bouncing twice on the same object. I ended up getting it after figuring out the timing. I died a lot of first cause I wasn't patient with it. Galaxanoids is just pure evil. Same for the one with that one guy shooting a laser. He shoots it so fast, I have no time to react to it. 

Btw, I edited the first post with a question about Hotline Miami 2. Since you played it, would you look back at it and answer it if you can? Thanks!

Annd that one you said with the bouncing things and the instakill ceiling is one of the two horrible ones I said. Oh finally , the name is sparkle darkle.

My favorite are Mechanica and Aquatica. :)

Edited by GoldenShaka

You don't use masks to change your skills in hotline miami 2, you use different character.

In some level you can choose between "the fans". They all have different weapons or skills.  One of those character is in fact 2 people. You only control one of them, and the other follows you. The one you control has a chainsaw (insta kill most ennemies) and the other one has a gun (and can pickup guns). You use different buttons to use the chainsaw or the guns, but of course since the second character is not at the exact same place, it is a bit harder to aim :)

Edited by lesk8vaincra

It's not hard, it's not easy, but it is annoying, and you need patience and concentration.  Please do not argue, gloat, or cry.  I keep trying to remind myself that i get 3 trophies for each death mode level...  I'm not very good at it, but Vita seemed the easiest for sure.

The hardest one where

Event Horizon #1

Mechanica

and Thermogenica #2

in my opinion :).

Having troubles on all of those lol.

Annd that one you said with the bouncing things and the instakill ceiling is one of the two horrible ones I said. Oh finally , the name is sparkle darkle.

My favorite is Mechanica. :)

Mechanica is destroying me. Every time I start doing good on it, a random spike appears out of nowhere and kills me.

I've always thought it was interesting seeing which levels people had issues on. I only took maybe 5-10 tries on Galaxanoids, but I must've played Sneak N' Deke 50 frickin times before I finally beat it.

Opposite for me. Sneke N' Deke only a few tries. Galaxaoids, still nada after at least 100 tries.

You don't use masks to change your skills in hotline miami 2, you use different character.

In some level you can choose between "the fans". They all have different weapons or skills.  One of those character is in fact 2 people. You only control one of them, and the other follows you. The one you control has a chainsaw (insta kill most ennemies) and the other one has a gun (and can pickup guns). You use different buttons to use the chainsaw or the guns, but of course since the second character is not at the exact same place, it is a bit harder to aim :)

Ahh okay, I was just wondering. I might buy it eventually cause the first game left me wanting so much more and now I actually have the money to spend on games.

Before, I only played PS Plus games and the games my cousin had for PS3 on his PS3 lol.

Now I have a job :D  and got most essential things out of the way (except college tuition, why college, :angry:  y u do dis 2 me) and have some money to spend.