Hardmode is total BS.

caasuaI_

I like it how so many people are having a hard time completing Death Mode and most complain that the game is "hard". A long time ago I too had to complete this game, and I didn't find it hard. Sure there were several times where I got pissed off that I almost threw my controller to the ground, but then I realized "Why should I be getting mad over a game that is supposed to be fun?"

After taking a break, I came back to complete them all, and earned that sweet platinum.

Whether you can call Sound Shapes hard or luck-based, do not let it get the better of you.

(...) so many people are having a hard time completing Death Mode and most complain that the game is "hard"

I'm never mad at something that is challenging, that's childish. The reason this mode is so annoyingly "hard" is that the levels are boring and the gampelay is tedious. I honestly would not call Sound Shapes a fun game. There was a flash game called "World's Hardest Game" or something like that - it was insanely difficult, 'cause it was built to make you mad and punish you even for blinking... but most people didn't complete it, because it was godawfully boring. I usually play casual story-driven games or action RPGs (though I've got a few ultra rare plats), but I like a good challenge once in a while. A GOOD challenge, that leaves its player bruised and bleeding and he still says "please sir, may I have some more?" instead of "even 100 silver trophies aren't worth this bore...".

2jb5d9c.jpg

Talk about the craziest amount of luck ever. 

I also completed one earlier with 2.0 seconds left. I strongly believed it was impossible to complete a death mode level with 1.0 seconds or more left, but I guess not. I thought they made it so you has just the right amount of time, provided some luck as well with spawn because thermogenica #2 can "randomly" spawn notes at the far left and far right continuously for a long time and there isn't enough time to keep going back and forth all the way to the end 18 times.

5 more levels left.

Edit: Just got Break-a-noids with 10.1 seconds left  :huh: Took a while though, dodging those reds was a pain.

Edited by Tanvir175
  • Like 1

Good luck, I remember this not taking tooooooo long, but being a total pain in the ass to do. Day or two of painful grinding, but then 3 glorious platinum trophies to half regret because who the devil needs 3 plats of the same game, what were you thinking Dylan, this is madness!

Although I'm tempted to use the 2 week Plus trial on my second account (to get the Vita version, as I could just share the PS3/4 versions I already owned) and triple plat it again because reasons.

Wait if it is such BS how come its completion rate is so high? I mean people make it sound like it is trophies galore and you can beat it in 10 seconds with your eyes closed! I want to know the truth goddamnit.

It's a 4.5/10 on PS3trophies.org and a 5/10 on the guide here.

It's relatively difficult but the completion rate is so high because it's not impossible.

Also there is more incentive to complete it even if you find it hard, because of the triple plat and if you all all the DLC, that's an added 3 platinums, 3 golds, and 261 silver trophies to your collect.

That's 8640 points, enough to bring you up a whole level at my current level (I need 8000 points to go from level 14 0% to level 15 0%)

A lot of people who originally bought it, bought it for the triple plat reason. That's why it is so high. A lot of them, not all of them. Those who bought it for the triple plat, obviously would do their best in getting it as it is why they spent their money on it, while aso discovering it's a fun game, when it isn't pissing you off lol.

Now that it's available for free on Plus, many who don't care enough to plat will play the game, and in due time the completion rate will lower, but it'll still be pretty high. 

Edit: My personal opinion on difficulty

2-3/10 if you are great at this sort of game

5/10 for me

7-8/10 if you are not great at this sort of game.

Edited by Tanvir175

It's a 4.5/10 on PS3trophies.org and a 5/10 on the guide here.

It's relatively difficult but the completion rate is so high because it's not impossible.

Also there is more incentive to complete it even if you find it hard, because of the triple plat and if you all all the DLC, that's an added 3 platinums, 3 golds, and 264 silver trophies to your collect.

That's 8730 points, enough to bring you up a whole level at my current level (I need 8000 points to go from level 14 0% to level 15 0%)

A lot of people who originally bought it, bought it for the triple plat reason. That's why it is so high. A lot of them, not all of them. Those who bought it for the triple plat, obviously would do their best in getting it as it is why they spent their money on it, while aso discovering it's a fun game, when it isn't pissing you off lol.

Now that it's available for free on Plus, many who don't care enough to plat will play the game, and in due time the completion rate will lower, but it'll still be pretty high. 

Edit: My personal opinion on difficulty

2-3/10 if you are great at this sort of game

5/10 for me

7-8/10 if you are not great at this sort of game.

I can see it going down to a high 30-ish %, but it still is the trademark of trophy hunting alongside some bad games and Terminator: Salvation... I can't see how people would think this is difficult IMHO.

I can see it going down to a high 30-ish %, but it still is the trademark of trophy hunting alongside some bad games and Terminator: Salvation... I can't see how people would think this is difficult IMHO.

Looked through your profile really quickly. Didn't see this game there. Go ahead and try it.

This is a game where difficulty differs from person to person, in my opinion.

Games like Dark Souls I think  everyone can agree to being hard and games like the Lego's games are pretty easy.

This one just depends on how you play and what kind of games you're good at. It also takes lots of patience in addition to skill. Death mode also adds the factor of luck. 

If you don't have the skill for this game, are impatient at times like I am, and don't get lucky, it can be considered hard. Sometimes it takes me forever to get the lucky break on death mode levels. 

I must have played Event Horizon #1 about 200-300 times before finding a lucky game and beating it. (Numbers are guessed but I'm sure they're close to the ballpark. I did spend a few hours on it and games are very short since there is a time limit so it is very possible to play that much in a few hours)

Looked through your profile really quickly. Didn't see this game there. Go ahead and try it.

This is a game where difficulty differs from person to person, in my opinion.

Games like Dark Souls I think  everyone can agree to being hard and games like the Lego's games are pretty easy.

This one just depends on how you play and what kind of games you're good at. It also takes lots of patience in addition to skill. Death mode also adds the factor of luck. 

If you don't have the skill for this game, are impatient at times like I am, and don't get lucky, it can be considered hard. Sometimes it takes me forever to get the lucky break on death mode levels. 

I must have played Event Horizon #1 about 200-300 times before finding a lucky game and beating it. (Numbers are guessed but I'm sure they're close to the ballpark. I did spend a few hours on it and games are very short since there is a time limit so it is very possible to play that much in a few hours)

Yeah I intend to play this game actually, I consider myself skilled in videogames in general, except for Dark Souls which kicks my ass, but I want to buy the DLC first as I wouldn't stand having a plat with such a low completion percentage.

Lol at people thinking this platinum is piss easy because of its platinum rarity

Oh, lookie here. I'm guessing you did all the Death Mode levels first attempt, then?

I got through them all pretty easily on this account, but I can't say the same thing for when I did them on my old one

No I didn't, does that make the game hard? because I die in almost every game including Flower, is Flower a hard game?

A sad age for gaming? I assume you're perfect at every game ever then? I assume you can play resident evil on hard mode with dying a single time?

Sound shapes overall isn't hard, but it's not easy. People think because of plat rarity it's a 1/10. It's easily a 4 or 5.

But not everyone can be amazing at every game like you oh great HardXSXtraga. Different people are good at different things. I suck at Team Fortress 2. I suck at most online shooters. Does that make me one of those sad gamers in this sad age of gaming? It just means multiplayer shooters aren't my thing. I'm very good at offline and co-op shooter games like borderlands or even playing the campaigns of MP shooters.

Oh I'm sorry, were you not alive back when you lost 3 lives and had to start from the beginning of a game? Are you seriously complaining about Death Mode, DEATH MODE being hard? did you think it'd be a walk in the park?

I never said you were a sad gamer nor did I glorify myself for finishing something like sound shapes (who does? lol), what I mean is the dificulty in games is decreasing and it seems people are still complaining about it, I don't look down on you for having a hard time finishing it, I know the spawns aren't always the best, but can you honestly call it hard?

It's not hard, it's unfair. There is a difference. You can have mad skillz in this game but it doesn't help you at all if you don't have any luck.

That I can agree with and it's also my opinion on Wipeout HD

It's a sad age for gaming when people consider sound shapes a hard game

I get what you mean brah... I mean not to troll any of you guys, but back in the day where Battletoads was the norm for difficulty, of course stuff of legend for me since I was born directly unto Playstation's embrace, casual games like this would be laughed at, because the sheer amount of reflexes and effort it requires is really low. Even hard games like OlliOlli or Hotline Miami are overly simplified by precise controls and friendly interfaces. I wish I could have experienced the ecstasy of beating old school games when they came out.

I hated the game. I just forced myself to finish it for the couple platinums. I agree, the Death mode was completely luck based. In some cases I did everything perfectly, with no mistakes whatsoever and still lost cause the notes spawned in opposite sides of the damn screen! Half way through I realized it was faster to just kill myself till I got a good start in the first couple notes. Those few seconds I saved made the difference between pass and fail. So annoying.

• Like 2

I liked much of the game, but the hardmode stuff was far from tweaked properly.

Because of how poorly the hardmode was tweaked, I hated that part, and I could have liked it quite a lot.

The problem is that it doesn't just require a bit of skills most of the time, but it's often impossible no matter how good you are at the game. In other words, you just gotta do it enough times and eventually you will be lucky and get it. I hate massive luck + attention requiring difficulty.

I mean, when I do a run pretty much perfectly and I'm nowhere near beating it, that's just a big slap in the face and extremely demotivating.

• Like 1

Very easy game. People need to stop complaining. It isn't unfair, it isn't tough. Easy, easy, easy.

While I wouldn't say Easy, it is also not tough by any means. Sure it is random, but that just means you have to take a few more tries at it.

I only remember 1 or 2 levels giving me any sort of trouble but after 4 or 5 tries I got them as well.

Very easy game. People need to stop complaining. It isn't unfair, it isn't tough. Easy, easy, easy.

It is unfair when you do almost perfect and you're far off making it. In fact, most runs for certain levels are either near impossible or impossible. That's unfair and has nothing to do with it being challenging or hard or anything like that. If you do it enough times, you will get a run that makes it very easy, but that's terrible game design and a very good reason to complain.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

If you want a challenging game that doesn't spit in your face by randomising stuff play Trials Fusion. It has some ridiculously hard levels, but you can beat them by learning and practicing the game mechanics. In Sound Shapes practicing doesn't do shit because of the random stuff that can ruin your perfect run. Why would I wanna play a game that doesn't reward me in any way if I master the game mechanics? After I beat some of Death Mode levels, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything because it was all about luck. In the other hand when I finished some of the Extreme-tracks on Trials Fusion it felt like all the time and effort paid off because I really needed to know how to play the game and it was all about skills and very little amount of luck.

So, fuck Sound Shapes. Never gonna play it again.

• Like 1

No I didn't, does that make the game hard? because I die in almost every game including Flower, is Flower a hard game?

You typed very arrogantly in your original post, to imply as if you found the game an absolute ease, which of course also means you'd have to have to done most of the Death Mode levels within your first few attempts. I don't care anyway, so whatever, don't bother replying

PS: Flower is a very hard game.

So, fuck Sound Shapes. Never gonna play it again.

I read this expecting to see only the dlc trophies done on your profile, but I noticed you have attained the platinum. Congratulations, it's bullshit, but you stuck at it  :D