Hardmode is total BS.

caasuaI_

Sorry you can't finish a 5/10 plat which requires 70% luck, I guess it really isn't for everyone...

Oh right you mean that game I haven't played yet? I doubt It will be worse than some of the games I have done. Maybe you should quit judging other people because you had a easy time with it. It would be like me going on a forum about people sucking at dark souls and be like dark souls? That game was so easy you are just bad at the game. Edited by Kubanga

Lol sound shapes death mode was extremely easy for me,when I read about how hard it was I was tempted to not do it but once I decided to go for the plat n I started it up it was laughable,there were only 2lvs that I had to do more than 3x and only one lv that I had to do 12x

Edited by Shug244

there were only 2lvs that I had to do more than 3x and only one lv that I had to do 12x

I'm not calling you a liar, but I just can't believe it. I would like to see you live on twitch doing them all in a row.

There are levels you won't be able to finish for a few minutes (physically impossible, literally) due to terrible notes placement and a very strict time limit.

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 1

I'm not calling you a liar, but I just can't believe it. I would like to see you live on twitch doing them all in a row.

There are levels you won't be able to finish for a few minutes (physically impossible, literally) due to terrible notes placement and a very strict time limit.

If I actually had anything that I could use to stream on twitch than I would,n I'm not lying even though I greatly understand how it is hard to believe and just like everyone has been saying it's based off luck, do you wanna know how lucky I really was well here you go on 8straight I finished directly on 0.0 which I could not believe it was just ridiculous, all you really need to do is learn when to hold or release r1 and time your jumps and how long to hold your jump,also it very much helps to pretty much make your mind go blank or also do something else to distract yourself as you play so you basically just go off what you feel n not of what you think is the right time.that is the state of mind I have to reach for basically every game that requires precise timing to beat,I listen to music or sorta watch TV but mostly I just think about other things like what I would have changed in different books or anime's I enjoyed or about a memory I wish I had done different,basically I don't focus on the game I'm currently playing n when I do that I succeed at what I'm doing in that moment .

(...)

You must be insanely good with platformers then. I've just done the hardest half of death mode in one short sitting (done the previous half yeasterday) so yeah, it's not hard at all. I think it catches you by surprise if you've played a few casual games before and suddenly get more of a challenge. I still say this mode is tedious and only one map was fun - Mechanica. It was long (over a minute), it demanded the use of all skills and cunningness you acquired throughout the game and if all levels were so well designed I'd give this game a solid 7/10.

Got 3 more plats now :]

You must be insanely good with platformers then. I've just done the hardest half of death mode in one short sitting (done the previous half yeasterday) so yeah, it's not hard at all. I think it catches you by surprise if you've played a few casual games before and suddenly get more of a challenge. I still say this mode is tedious and only one map was fun - Mechanica. It was long (over a minute), it demanded the use of all skills and cunningness you acquired throughout the game and if all levels were so well designed I'd give this game a solid 7/10.

Got 3 more plats now :]

I am pretty good but one platformed I will never in my life try is cloudberry kingdom,I mean I'm good burlt there is millions of people better than me and have faster fingers and they can't even beat it so I wont even try it lol

but it wouldn't work otherwise if the notes didn't spawn randomly. 

I have to disagree with this. With some tweaking, they could have kept the spawning random, but made sure they don't spawn in such a way that it becomes near impossible or impossible to beat. Same with making sure they don't become too easy either. They just went the easy route of adding some spawn points, and just picking at random which one to spawn at next. What I suggest really isn't all that hard to do, it's pretty simple math.

I have to disagree with this. With some tweaking, they could have kept the spawning random, but made sure they don't spawn in such a way that it becomes near impossible or impossible to beat. Same with making sure they don't become too easy either. They just went the easy route of adding some spawn points, and just picking at random which one to spawn at next. What I suggest really isn't all that hard to do, it's pretty simple math.

Why didn't I think of that?

But remember it's the DEATH MODE. It's supposed to be unfairly difficult.  :lol:

Why didn't I think of that?

But remember it's the DEATH MODE. It's supposed to be unfairly difficult.  :lol:

I wouldn't call random easy, medium, hard and impossible difficulty for difficult, but rather poor gameplay design.

I'm glad somebody made this thread, I agree. I've just got the platinum for this game and it has also made me a PSN Level 13... and, to rate this platinum for difficulty, I must say I'm not really sure. It's certainly not my most difficult, though not the easiest either. For a lot of the death mode levels, although it did take some level of good playing to complete them, luck was what played the biggest part in whether you were able to complete it or not. Galaxanoids was for certain the worst level and it took me quite a while to complete (I think at least 30 minutes), but when I completed it, it wasn't because I played extremely well or anything, just the notes were finally where I needed them to be... so where this game was most difficult, it was because you had to get lucky rather than be skilled. I do like difficult platinums very much, often more so than easy platinums as you can actually earn them, and really achieve something when you win... but if you just eventually get lucky, which is what this game was, it's nothing like the same. I was not very impressed by Death Mode, honestly. 

Spiral staircase is the f*cking worst, 20 notes in 22 secs. And sometimes a spider sits on one of them.

I thought the last three in that album were far from the worst... Spiral Staircase was kind of fun, the spiders usually move out of the way quite quickly, and I got this one in about 5 minutes. 

I did not enjoy this "game" one bit. Actually I take that back, I enjoyed two bits; Hearing the platinum pop and then immediately deleting it from my hard drive. The rest of the time spent on this game was awful. As many others said, if this game had more to do with skill instead of blind luck, it might've been mediocre.

• Like 2

I thought the last three in that album were far from the worst... Spiral Staircase was kind of fun, the spiders usually move out of the way quite quickly, and I got this one in about 5 minutes.

Yeah, I finally got a lucky note placement and made it.

Yeah, I generally thought they were well-designed, but the randomness on some levels made tries literally impossible. Like on the one with the four metal 'poles' and the fire jumping frog thing; sometimes I literally had to run from the far right to the far left 10 times in a row (making it impossible), while other times they were right next to each other.

Satisfying to get the plat, but also kind of dumb :P Really enjoyed the game though!

my fisrt thoughts where : 3 easy plats by plat only one game and use save sync between PS3 - PS4 and Vita.

But this hard mode is really luck based!

after trying a lot of times i stoped and there are no "easy" plats for me!

HARD MODE IS REALY BPoBSaFL  (Big Pile of Bull S*** and F***ing Luck!)

was tinking of using a 100% save game of the internet but that 'd be cheating...

• 3 weeks later...