Hardmode is total BS.

caasuaI_

I did not enjoy this "game" one bit. Actually I take that back, I enjoyed two bits; Hearing the platinum pop and then immediately deleting it from my hard drive. The rest of the time spent on this game was awful. As many others said, if this game had more to do with skill instead of blind luck, it might've been mediocre.

Lol I swear I broke a knuckle when I made this post :)

• 1 month later...

If ANYONE wants to help out with getting my last 8 Deathmode trophies, I would very much appreciate it. Apparently, my reaction skills have become not fast enough, so I cannot for the life of me get them. If you want to help out, and have a PS4, you can shareplay, and help me out. (That's what that mode is for, after all!)

As a reward, you can also play one of my many other PS4 games, if you like :-D

Just shout or give me a DM!

• 1 month later...

Would anyone please be so kind to help me with 3 stages (Share Play)? I've spent hours and hours on this and still failing.

These are the ones:

- Death Mode: Thermogenica #2: Complete the Death Mode level.
- Death Mode: Event Horizon #1: Complete the Death Mode level.
- Death Mode: Event Horizon #2: Complete the Death Mode level.

I would be so thankful! Please add me: Juhrat 

Thanks in advance, Joeri

• 5 months later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with thouse levels. Does anyone have any other tips than playing on the Vita? I could really use some help with those levels

Repeat the same level, don't skip between.

That raises the possibility to get a favorable distribution of notes.

I done it all in backwards order, and repeated till I completed and moved on. I'm surprised the vita version is meant to be easier though that's what I done it on too.

I think its hard too, people assume thats easy, because we can get 3 plat and 200is silver trophies after the plat is acquired. But the death levels is the most annoying think ever, im my case i played on Vita until platinum, its was easier to see everything.

Lol yeah it's even worse when you go into a game expecting it to be easy but get bummed down lol

Edited by poopooblast

Hey may I ask how on gods earth do you have plat for sound shapes in 7 secs? . I know you can import saves but it will still take longer to unlock them all? No?

I don't think he has the Plat in 7 seconds since his fastest Plat is 11 seconds.

But yea, it's possible. If you have your region Sound Shapes, the lag is almost non-existent even on slower connections.

And thanks to PS4 processing speed, the actual process of auto-popping was within 15 seconds.

Though, I'm pretty sure it's no longer possible thanks to trophy screenshot feature. 

So the answer to your question is PS4 + very old system update.

• Like 1

I just finished all the Death Mode levels today.  From start to finish it took me 6 hours, while I was halfway distracted doing other things.  Because of threads like this I went in thinking it was going to break me, but not even once did I get frustrated.  Sure there were a couple levels that relied heavily on luck, but many were based on skill.  Some levels took me only 2-3 tries to beat, most took maybe 5 tries.  There were certainly a couple that took me a bunch of tries, but even those had tricks to them (like the 3 spinning wheels you ride, can't remember the name, once I realized I could speed up the wheel I was on it was much easier).  Anyway, I'll admit that there's some luck involved, and granted - I did play on Vita (supposedly that's easier?), but I really don't understand how these levels are considered so hard.  Most of them are about 30 seconds long, so it's not like you lose a ton of time when you fail.  I'd understand if I excelled at these types of games, but I'm absolutely horrible at them.  I mean really really horrible.  My reaction time and eyesight have gotten really bad the last few years, so I much prefer slower paced games, and I've always been absolute rubbish at platformers, so this game should have kicked my ass, but it really didn't.  There were a couple tricky levels where I ran out of time with only 1 or 2 notes left more than once, but I guess the quick restart and short levels didn't give me enough time to actually get mad or frustrated.  Maybe seeing all the angry posts ahead of time helped prepare me, and maybe the Vita did help.  But I gotta say I was really surprised by how much easier Death Mode was than I thought it would be.  I won't call it easy, but it really wasn't hard either.

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

Biggest nonsense i ever played.Got this for the easy points and the easy (?) plat.Around 10 levels in deathmode are totally broken.I managed to finish them by turning the sound off.The worst was Event Horizon 2 because in that one you actually need the sound to make the jumps.I got all the trophies on ps4 except this level as i found it easier on ps3 for some reason.On ps4 i couldn't get even 20 points.Well anyway, lesson learned

Biggest nonsense i ever played.Got this for the easy points and the easy (?) plat.Around 10 levels in deathmode are totally broken.I managed to finish them by turning the sound off.The worst was Event Horizon 2 because in that one you actually need the sound to make the jumps.I got all the trophies on ps4 except this level as i found it easier on ps3 for some reason.On ps4 i couldn't get even 20 points.Well anyway, lesson learned

If at first you don't succeed.....try again, but this death mode I had to endure many fu#@king hours. I think it's taken a few years off my life lol

• Like 1

If at first you don't succeed.....try again, but this death mode I had to endure many fu#@king hours. I think it's taken a few years off my life lol

There is one level called Galaxanoids.Man, i regret i didn't get a screenshot.You need to collect 16 notes in 38 seconds.In one of many attempts i ended up with this message :

You got 16 notes before you died.

You needed 0 more

Ready?

• Like 3

There is one level called Galaxanoids.Man, i regret i didn't get a screenshot.You need to collect 16 notes in 38 seconds.In one of many attempts i ended up with this message :

You needed 0 more

Ready?

That happened to me, too. I hated that level!

You needed 0 more

Ready?

I think thats the same one i just got...got 16 notes right at the 0 mark

You needed 0 more

Ready?

Happened to me way too many times.

I don't think the game ever allowed me to clear the level if I died on the last note, lol.

You needed 0 more

Ready?

That was a pain in the butt. I remember that stage. It was my second last trophy before the plat. To be honest i would still play sound shapes if they release a sequel

DF007gamer.png

• Like 1