/players 8 command will find it's way on console - Blizzard news from November 18, 2021

Geridian

Hi people,

/players 8 command will find it's way on console with one of the next patches, as planned by Blizzard.

Bot only for offline play, not online play!

Quoted from https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23746020/diablo-ii-resurrected-patch-2-3-highlights-coming-soon:

OFFLINE DIFFICULTY SCALING (“/PLAYERS 8”)

• This feature from the original PC game is now coming to console platforms. For solo offline players who want to scale the game difficulty—as well as the rewards—up to eight players, your wish is being granted. To use this feature, players simply need to open their settings menu, go to the “Game Settings” tab, then “Offline,” and adjust the “Offline Difficulty Scaling” slider. Once that setting has been configured, new monsters will spawn with varying HP and reward players with vastly increased experience gains and loot drop rates when defeated.
  • In the offline single-player experience, the default player setting is “1,” so you will be able to scale the difficulty anywhere between the range of 1–8. For example, if you wanted to scale the difficulty of monsters in your offline session to the equivalent to having four players present, you would adjust the slider to “4”. As in Diablo II Classic, you’ll have to start a new game session to set your preferred difficulty with the slider.

++++++++++++++++

PLEASE NOTE: Game content discussed in this blog is not final and subject to change.

==> So, let us just hope for the best.

• Like 1

I can finally play my offline Hardcore character.  I would not dare play online as I have had enough lag and crashes with my softcore characters and lost hundreds of thousands of gold.  I would be quite irate if I were to lose a character because of it.  I am happy with this news.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The patch is now available for consoles. 

And /players X command is patched in for real as a slider, but as known before, only for OFFLINE MODE!

GAMEPLAY

• Players now have a “Game Difficulty Scale” available in the options menu for offline games, which provide the same function as the /players debug command

This change is also nice on PS4..

PANELS & HUD

• Fixed an issue on last-gen consoles where resistance icons had some misaligned pixels

.. but I get the feeling that they not only changed something with the pixels, but the whole icons. Icons are bigger.

Also the life bar of enemies is better to see. Really nice! I get the feeling that they can now spend the game the QoL Updates it needs because the servers are not the problem anymore.

Full patchnotes can be found at the source link:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-122-console-patch-notes/74161

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 2

Can anyone confirm they changed when characters save offline?

It used to save when you hit save and quit and that allowed duping items on PS5 because shared stash didn't save at same time. Now it seems it isn't saving anymore as you quit.

Even if you are not duping it might be something to keep an eye on cause even regular stash and inventory might not be safe now. Probably need to wait or create new game to make sure it's properly saved before closing the game.

Does anyone have a chart of what the bonuses per increase look like?

15 hours ago, RGSchmitz said:

Can anyone confirm they changed when characters save offline?

It used to save when you hit save and quit and that allowed duping items on PS5 because shared stash didn't save at same time. Now it seems it isn't saving anymore as you quit.

Even if you are not duping it might be something to keep an eye on cause even regular stash and inventory might not be safe now. Probably need to wait or create new game to make sure it's properly saved before closing the game.

I lost a bunch of runes on my last shared stash page, but my progress and inventory was up to date. (I have not done any duplication) I save offline. I thought it was just a glitch, but will find out tonight if it happens again.

Edited by ScottyMiddleton

11 hours ago, ScottyMiddleton said:

Does anyone have a chart of what the bonuses per increase look like?

I think that the first two links provide the answer, because the experience chart and more are provided:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=d2+players+command&ia=web

I lost a bunch of runes on my last shared stash page, but my progress and inventory was up to date. (I have not done any duplication) I save offline. I thought it was just a glitch, but will find out tonight if it happens again.

Take a look here: 

==> Maybe duping now needs mules and such, who knows?

But answers always get fragmented when users like

@RGSchmitz post the same question all over the web without links.

• Like 1