The Online

amebapiko

Just a tip (and you've probably thought of this), but make a gaming session! 

Maybe people put this game down with the same problem and need people to do it with!

I had the same problem with Driver: San Francisco a week after launch -- it was horrible (Great game though). What I did was get a couple people in a lobby then joined the game. It kept us all together, and didn't have to search for other people so it bypassed the search for others disconnection.

Good luck!

Edit: How'd you manage to get your signature with a picture behind your trophy card? Looks pretty epic!

making a gaming session for wipeout 2048 is pointless because its random matchmaking so there is a chance you'll never meet anyone in your session.

• 3 weeks later...

making a gaming session for wipeout 2048 is pointless because its random matchmaking so there is a chance you'll never meet anyone in your session.

I heard that game tries to get you into the same lobby as your friens.

is the online actually hard or just takes a while?

Both. Well, it's not that hard - you just need to win (get first place) a lot. For me it was easy, when I was playing I was just owning everyone in deathmach (or whatever this mode called) :D

I heard that game tries to get you into the same lobby as your friens.

Both. Well, it's not that hard - you just need to win (get first place) a lot. For me it was easy, when I was playing I was just owning everyone in deathmach (or whatever this mode called) :D

LOL Nice. Ive only played a few of the SP races, so i wouldn't be so good online. I will give it a try one day though.

I took a break around late December, and now that I try to get back I usually get booted back to the main screen when trying to join a room (by selecting a node), without any message... really odd.

I still need about 70-80 nodes I think...

What level are you on, I just got back on having some more luck without server errors, I'm at 17 and now a whole lot of finish 1st to pass is coming up. If it's true it tries to match you with friends it would be good to have a few buddies from psnp on it...

What level are you on, I just got back on having some more luck without server errors, I'm at 17 and now a whole lot of finish 1st to pass is coming up. If it's true it tries to match you with friends it would be good to have a few buddies from psnp on it...

I was wrong when I posted it.. I'm actually under 40 nodes to go (about halfway through lvl 18), yes there were quite a few that required 1st place to pass  and elite pass (so no work around on those)...

I'm still playing on and off (more off though...), since I'm playing mainly Persona 4 Golden.

As a tip, there are 2 prototype ships that are combat oriented, I normally use the one that can only pick up offensive powerups for combat races, and normally it does well, for races use whatever you like (all my wins are from Combat races..).

Also from my experience winning doesn't require to much skills, but more luck on what power ups you get.. I'm not exactly a great Wipeout player, and have been able to complete all nodes so far ( with either pass or elite pass).. so it's just a question of luck.

I was wrong when I posted it.. I'm actually under 40 nodes to go (about halfway through lvl 18), yes there were quite a few that required 1st place to pass  and elite pass (so no work around on those)...

I'm still playing on and off (more off though...), since I'm playing mainly Persona 4 Golden.

As a tip, there are 2 prototype ships that are combat oriented, I normally use the one that can only pick up offensive powerups for combat races, and normally it does well, for races use whatever you like (all my wins are from Combat races..).

Also from my experience winning doesn't require to much skills, but more luck on what power ups you get.. I'm not exactly a great Wipeout player, and have been able to complete all nodes so far ( with either pass or elite pass).. so it's just a question of luck.

I'm on level 20 and I'm almost done now - the last level you will need about 15 1st finishings to get passes. I Really enjoy the MP!

I'm on level 20 and I'm almost done now - the last level you will need about 15 1st finishings to get passes. I Really enjoy the MP!

Nice to see that you are almost done! Not really looking forward to all those 1st places...

Ya, I to like the MP (mainly combat), but Persona 4 really got me (partly nostalgia, partly because I really love the game, even though I like P3 story better...), and this is what have kept me away from almost everything else... I have barelly play PS3 at all since I got P4G..

Nice to see that you are almost done! Not really looking forward to all those 1st places...

Ya, I to like the MP (mainly combat), but Persona 4 really got me (partly nostalgia, partly because I really love the game, even though I like P3 story better...), and this is what have kept me away from almost everything else... I have barelly play PS3 at all since I got P4G..

Level 20 ended up being a breeze! I got the platinum!

Great fun on the MP.

• 1 month later...

I could definitely use some help on this platinum. I have almost every other trophy (minus Level 50, Speed Thrills, and a few easy ones), but the online is starting to mess with me. If they are telling the truth about matching up with friends, my ID is intheloop16. I would definitely appreciate boosting!

Edited by intheloop16

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's fun and all but 200ish matches ?!?!  Really?   I mean races are completely useless when trying to get "Pass," because objectives usually get in the way from actually racing.  So long story short this online encourages combat because it's the best mode to finish objectives... 

I'm nearing the end but so many of these Objectives are "Finish 1st"   

I really dislike this layout for online,  plus you can't join friends because of it's random matchmaking.

EDIT: Also if anyone needs help with some of these nodes I'm willing to help somehow.

Edited by fyiByas

• 10 months later...