Hazard Zone - Help, tips and related trophies

MoonAtomic_

On 19/02/2022 at 3:17 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Even when you’re DBNO but inside the chopper? How many times does it happen to me? I’m losing my sanity over this shitty dead mode and buggy trophy.

Yes, DBNO state inside the extraction aircraft counts for the trophy. 

I have been counting and the trophy popped exactly at 25 extractions. 

I advise anyone who is entitled to the PS4 version of the game (if you bought the digital PS5 edition), play this one on a PS5.

Reasons:

1. Trophies are not buggy. They pop exactly when they are supposed to do. (I was struggling with trophies not popping on the PS5 version, not to mention the crashes).

2. Fewer squads. Less players to deal with. 6 squads instead of 8 on PS5 version.

3. Enable cross play and you will always find players. Maybe because PS4 and previous XBox players base is still much larger due to not many having the latest consoles.

4. I have not played HZ on PS5 but I guess there is a chance it will matchmake with PC players if you enable cross play? I wouldn't want that.

Some tips:

Try to get at least one friend (irl or psn) with you so that you can communicate. Communication and callouts is key to a successful extraction.

I have done at least eight/ten clean exits, all due to good communication.

Once you get the trophy for 50 drives, do not collect any drives. Go only for the extraction. Drives give away your position.

Collect drives only when you are the last squad or close to extracting and there is no danger; just to get you some more money.

Go for the uplinks. Gather as much as you can. Use the rangers, use the LATV4 with 30mm cannon. Do not forget to deploy them.

LATV4 can win the round for you, if two players communicating, one drives and the other one operates the cannon. 

Choose at least Dozer/Boris for your team.

Extractions count ONLY when you are inside the extraction aircraft alive or in DBNO state.

Edited by RapiDuS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the announcement of hazard zone been killed of by DICE. would anyone be interested in going for the 25 extract and 50 data drives trophy? I live in Australia so unfortunately the game mode is dead since day one. So if any US or EU players still play, please feel free to add and we'll squad up. PSN Bodgrid. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bodgrid said:

With the announcement of hazard zone been killed of by DICE.

Wouldn't it be so nice if they changed the trophies, if they're killing it. I'll never do 25 extracts, my sanity is not worth a friggin bronze. I'll take my 90+% A and checkout.

• 1 month later...
On 26/05/2022 at 7:12 PM, Bodgrid said:

With the announcement of hazard zone been killed of by DICE. would anyone be interested in going for the 25 extract and 50 data drives trophy? I live in Australia so unfortunately the game mode is dead since day one. So if any US or EU players still play, please feel free to add and we'll squad up. PSN Bodgrid. 

Killed off as in unobtainable not even a year after release? DICE have really fallen off a cliff. I'm down for a squad up, couldn't even get into a hazard game when I started this last year..it's absolutely dead.

Edit: they're not killing it off, they just won't be updating it in the future. Still down to boost though.

Edited by Kcrack_Km

For the Clean Exit trophy, where you need to extract with everyone in your squad surviving and extracting, it works more consistently at rewarding you the trophy if 3 people in a squad board the plane, and 1 person stays behind. It sounds dumb, but many of the trophies in this game have odd bugs.

I've been boosting the hazard zone trophies recently in group of over 20 people, and after many attempts at trying to get the trophies to appear, doing the 3 people leave and 1 person staying behind trick works better.

I managed to get the Clean Exit trophy about 3 hours ago with the help of this group, thx guys.

Edited by EclipseDev
initially stated wrong trophy name, change the trophy name

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to recently jump back into this game and see if I could give this garbage Hazard Zone mode another go, and got the trophies, and the platinum trophy!

A few things I noticed now in contrast to when I first tried this mode back in February, it seems more people are playing this mode at the moment at least here in North America on the PS5 version of the game (I can't explain why lol), but if you have cross play turned on in the game's modes, you should be able to find games almost immediately, and maybe sit in a pre-game lobby for like 2 minutes at times. DICE also appears to have made the game slightly less of a pain to play by just marking all data drives on the map without having to use the stupid telescope gadget and also giving your squad a second chance to drop in if your whole squad dies (I don't think this was a thing earlier this year?).

For the Pack Rat (50 data drives) trophy, I had the in-game counter for the Early Bird tag reach 50 but of course of trophy didn't unlock like most other trophies in this buggy mess of a game, so like the other trophies I had to wait at least 12 hours and come back to the game the next day and extract with at least 1 data drive and the trophy unlocked. Not too bad I guess.

For Escape Artist (Extract 25 times), I kept count of extractions and got the trophy at 29 extractions. I also kept track of extractions where I wasn't alive in the helicopter during extraction (2 times while down-but-not-out / DBNO on the helicopter, 1 time where seemingly everyone on the helicopter died but we still extracted, and 1 time where I didn't extract with my team), so seemingly this trophy may only count times where you are alive on the helicopter during extraction.

For Clean Exit (Extracting without anyone on the squad dying), I thankfully got this one back in February, but it took me two tries. Of course it didn't unlock the first time with again how buggy the trophies are in this game, so I came back a day later and luckily had another squad that didn't die and got it that second time.

Hope this helps!

Edited by BlindMango

I’ve gotta say kind of feel bad for all you guys trying to get the Hazard zone  trophies on PS4 while I don’t know how the PS five version is though I’m sure it’s a pain being matched  with PC players but I can definitely speak for the PS4 player base. It’s unfortunate that the game mode Has such a low player count if you give it a chance to really fun mode but due to the low player account and the fact that most of the people playing including myself consist of a PSN message group of most of the top skilled players So I can understand why everybody hates this mode If our teams are running ain’t nobody got a chance some of them guys have upwards of 50 and 75 extraction streaks those kind of skills nobody has a chance Outside of our group Unless you can get a team together that’s only way you have a chance or just get on when nobody else is running I wish you all the best of luck for the PS4 version and I’ll see you on the battlefield

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is still working at this please add me on PSN

PSN: neahcrow

I am very close to 50 data drives collected but only have 5 extracts and it is incredibly frustrating.  I don't have any friends with the game and am usually placed with randoms who don't even understand how the mode works (often times PC players will type in the chat they don't know what to do);   I've had 5-10 very close misses solo so I feel with just one or two others going for extracts we could be a solid team.  I am willing to spot or run as a medic whatever is needed- again I just want to get the extracts as quickly as possible.

I also need the Clean Exit trophy- 2 of the 5 extracts should have counted but did not.  If we are being safe and not going for drives it should come naturally.  I can be on most evenings/nights and sometimes during the day.  PSN: neahcrow