Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

Yeah you guessed it, online trophies for me.

Also trophies which can be a grind such as getting to level 10 on GTA IV online, it's a hell of a grind, but hey it's too late now due to Rockstar getting rid of the stats on there, which makes it now impossible to get.

Big Grinds or old games with online trophies that are about that might be unobtainable (GTA IV, FIFA 12 down....) 

Although I very regualary still do them it's very tedious. A few grind worthy trophies are: Wanted - GTA IV, Giant Accomplishment - Black Ops 2 (hard and grind-worthy), All of the things! - Jetpack Joyride. These are just some of the trophies I'm talking about.

Games where the servers have been taken down (when I 1st had ps3  I did not go on-line straight away)   it took me more than a  year to know I had to have the time set to internet not doing it manually so reason why some of my games have no time stamped,   so ever there is a way to delete trophies and play the game again if all trophies are avaiable  

Online trophies where you have to play against someone else,    i like online games like Saints Row 3 and 4, Infamous 2 where it easier to get these online trophies.

More than a few play throughs

Games you get stuck on.

Games you have bought ,  you played a few levels and got bored

- Multiplayer trophies are the worst.
- Collectibles are a pain in the ass most of the time as well...

— any online trophies
— difficulty-based trophies à la "Hey, I'm just a regular AI, but this is the hardest difficulty setting, so I'll shoot you through three walls, and cover, okay?"
— those stupid Pro trophies in Rock Band 3 where you're required to buy additional equipment for 300$+
— I tend to get motion sickness. Most first-person games used to leave me nauseous, but I got accustomed to it over time. Now it's just a few games with a terribly-made camera that are problematic. A few weeks ago, I tried to play Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows - P1 again. I almost puked. This might also be due to the game being crappy in general.

The last one. I get this a lot.

There was this one trophy in minecraft which required riding a pig in first-person. The pig was spinning all the time and jumping all over the place. I thought I was going to puke all over my room.

Online. I prefer the only people I see in my games to be NPCs.

Having to do many playthroughs for difficulty trophies or different endings.

Or those trophies that you can miss by not doing or talking to a certain person. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nat Geo Wildlife is the grindiest game ever for the XXX trophy.It is the worst because it is boring. Even if you know the answers it takes around 15 mins per round x 50. It's so bad that I'm writing this between game questions. I do like "pirates and Godzilla" threatening goats, for it is funny. Aside from 64kph bears, unlike the 30 kph ones in the real world, the game is wrong in many other ways eg. confused Piranha facts and unclear "Odd One Out" quizzes. A forever time-consuming and boring Plat. Do not buy or try this game! 

I think people are confused by the title. I hate online, and grinding trophies, but they ARE achievable.

My weakness would have to be speedruns (depending on how generous it is; I am stuck on World of Hurt DLC in less than 15)

and the occasional beat certain level (or game) without dying/getting hit.

For example: the beat Earthworm Jim without dying trophy and Sonic Episode 1's beat EGG station without getting hit.

I also gave up on the Streets of Rage trophy for getting a million ( i think) on hardcore mode.

Quite simply, games I dont like. I'm a trophy hunter, but not a trophy whore. Trophy hunting is an extension of the fun for me, and some bad games hunting makes fun. If I really, really don't like the game...  well, you know. Alone in the Dark Inferno and Bayonetta are too that I can't make myself play, I just don't enjoy them at all.

Online trophies, without doubt. Co-op trophies a very close second. Incredibly annoying being held back from an attainable platinum simply because I don't have a friend with the game who's interested in trophies.

Also, trophies along the line of "do this to/with someone on your friends list"! Bloody hell... So now I'm penalised for not having friends...?!

Grinding can get frustrating too. No skill, or even luck, involved in the slightest just "do this for x amount of time just because". Urgh. Any of the Family Game Night games immediately come to mind! Didn't help that they were completely devoid of any fun.

Multiple playthroughs can get irritating depending on how many times they expect you to play... Heavy Rain in particular drove me mad on my 6th run through of "Killers Place". Great game. The first (or even 2nd) time through, but 6/7 times?? God. The Last Of Us pissed me off too - simply because the hardest difficulty was locked out until you'd completed the game once on an easier setting and, if done as intended, you'd have to complete it again from the start on Survivor before you can attempt Survivor+... Thank God for glitches!

Difficulty trophies don't bother me too much as I like the challenge (to an extent at least).

Online trophies that needs to be boosted since it would be nearly impossible to get legit due to various reasons such as lack of online activity (ex: Singularity, Two Worlds II) or complicated requirements (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood), or something that requires to literally complete all of online challenges (Far Cry 2, Inversion). 

Other than that, most singleplayer trophies I found to be doable, although frustrating due to gameplay factors. Although I've had trophies glitch on me in the past in good and bad ways. For instance, on occasion, a trophy would pop randomly or not at all. I had to replay Metro: Last Light a few times to get Telsa/Edison trophies 'cause it wouldn't pop.

Not playing games until after the servers are down, having a limited amount of time (hence not playing games until after the servers are down) and games, and not being allowed to play/having any interest in a lot of the most popular games (CoD, GTA, etc.) that are rated M.

Edited by GarrisonWhite2