Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

Reaching level 50 (like in every game), grinding kills and most of all stupid, near impossible challenges like Arkham Asylum or Prototype (although I've managed to plat Prototype 1).

Generally online trophies irritate the living crap out of me. Don't get me wrong I understand the necessity of those, but IMO online trophies should be much easier and quicker to obtain, because not everybody have time to sit for a week to fit into 1% of top players (thanks a lot Guerilla Games). When it comes to online, trophies killed the enjoyment of it ie. I remember playing Diablo 2 via battle.net and it was the best thing ever.... I'm sure that if there were trophies to it I just wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did.

Enough of my moaning....

Good luck grinding guys.

Luck based, Difficulty & time consuming trophy. Im refering now to the ELITE Killzone shadow fall trophy where you have to complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting, I have spent like 3 days cursing at my TV thanks to this goddamn trophy. Killzone Shadow Fall players beware this trophy will literally send you in to a level of pissed off that you didnt even know existed. + The online trophy is an ass. 

Edited by PalllisOConnor

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any CO-OP trophies are not worth going for unless with friends. Bullseye took fucking forever on Battlefield 3 due to the other players not giving a shit. I only platted it once a friend stepped in. MP trophies in general are a pain.Like a lot of gamers, I think that the platinum on a game (unless a MMO), should not have anything to do with online or CO-OP. 

Games with Closed/Closing servers. 

I loved White Knight Chronicles 2, have 450 hours of playtime - servers were shut down (impossible plat for most people now).

I really want to play Lord of the Rings Conquest, Servers are closed. 

I'm currently playing Resistance 2 because the servers will shut down. 

This is the main reason I hate online trophies.  There comes a point when the servers shut down or people stop playing.  I really want to plat nhl12, but it's nearly impossible now because no one is online.

I know I sound like everyone else on this thread, but I despise multiplayer trophies.

Sure, sometimes they can be fun like the last of us hunter and firefly trophies, but the grinding online and time limited trophies are a pain in the a**.

Destiny has the trophy for capturing 20 points in salvage, a playlist that continues to appear and disappear. Seriously?

But yeah, let's just say online trophies.

• 9 months later...

Trophies involving luck.

The bane of my existence being "Demolition man" in Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Gotta get 20 kills by means of having a building collapse on them.

Here's why:

1. Buildings take 10 seconds to fall completely. Which gives you pleeeeenty of time to escape.

2. No way to knock them down instantly. You need a wackload of C4 WITH the explosives specialty on the most delicate places of a building just to gut them.

3. You could blow it to smithereens with tank, but in doing that you make it incredibly obvious that you shouldn't go inside the thing. Not only that, but you could also bring it down by accident, thus rendering that building useless.

4. C4 needs to be in a place were they can't be seen or kill anyone inside once detonated. Which can very often be nowhere.

5. It's pretty obvious when the building is coming down. Your screen with shake, your controller with vibrate wildly, a loud GRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN sound can be heard and someone always loudly says "BUILDING'S COMING DOWN".

Playing this game for 4 years, I have reached max level, unlocked every gun in every DLC, mastered every game mode and not once have i ever, EVER gotten a kill by having a building fall on them. I have unlocked every single trophy. Except the "Demolition man" trophy. 99% on BFBC2. And now, in 3 weeks time, i will lose this trophy forever because it's online is shutting down for good.

It's not that bad, I did Demolition Man legit along with Et tu, Brute 

I'm going to sound like 80% of the people on this topic, but online trophies are my weakness:

• Need extreme coordination with other players? You're screwed.
  • Need godlike skills to beat the other players? You're screwed.
  • Population is dead/dying? You're screwed.
  • Servers closed? You're really screwed.

Honestly, get rid of the fucking online trophies. Get online modes in there all you want, just don't force us to play them (or at least make them a lot easier to get)!

Grindy trophies are my second place. I'll still do 'em, but it'll be boring as hell.

Worst of all it's when it's an online grindy trophy. Worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

Seen about 100 people say Online trophies, and I agree 100%.  Even worse now that you need Plus on PS4.  What pisses me off the most about Online trophies is both Sony and Microsoft's TCR/TRCs specifically say you cannot require someone to pay extra to get a trophy, yet they charge extra for you to play online.  XBL Gold and PS Plus both directly violates their own rules!  Ridiculous...  I sometimes skip games entirely simply cause of online trophies.  Maybe devs will wise up someday and do what ME3 did and make all online trophies have an offline/SP requirement as well so that while they're easier to get online, you can also get them offline, if you so choose.  I thought that was pretty genius on Bioware's part, but no one end has done this (that I know of).  Too bad...

I'm going to go on a limb and say that anything above Silver is something I either rarely get, or don't go out of my way in getting.

What Sony should of done in my opinion is seperate online trophies from single player. But then this website would probably see a lot more guys with platinums, I don't see that as a bad thing though, since a lot of us strive for personal achievements in games.

Electronic Arts has for years disabled their online servers for various games after only a year or two after release. Trophies that required the player to go online on these games are basically screwed, because the servers themselves are no longer around.

The real joy in having a Playstation 3, besides the exclusives, is the free online gameplay. The Xbox 360, Xbox One and Playstation 4 all require a subscription to play online. I really don't know if I want to pay for those, especially if someone has Comcast as an ISP who loves to charge overage fees and miscellanous fees on top of an already expensive cable bill.

Going back to what I said about Sony, online trophies should of had their own category, most people who platinum games are doing so single player anyway. I'll probably be looking at an easy platinum with Assassins Creed Brotherhood if it weren't for the online trophies.