Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

My weakness is the amount of time that I have in order to play my games and earn trophies. Because of this, boosting sessions are hit or miss, and games take longer for me to finish than others. Unfortunately, I'm not like those who can trophy hunt all day and rise up the leaderboard with ease, but a little more "me" time would be nice.

JRPGs. I buy them, and they quickly go into my backlog. It's mostly the thought of platting them. So many hours. I might not even get to all of them in my lifetime.

This =P aswell as Online and getting fed up with a game to the point I can't play it anymore

My weakness are coop trophies. I seem to have bad luck when it comes to finding people to help me like people quitting as soon as they get their trophies even though I still have to get mine, or people not showing up for a boosting session even though they agreed to.

Edited by T1M1D_HER0

Closed servers and nonsensical trophies. Let me give a prime example of nosensical; Mafia 2 DLC has a bronze trophy for driving 1000 miles. But you will complete the DLC with much less than 1000 miles. So I'm supposed to waste hours of my life driving around a game I already beat to get a bronze trophy? I would love to crotch-punch the genius who came up with that trophy.

My weakness would be multiplayer/co-op type trophies. Not to sound unsociable (this will definitely sound unsociable), but I much prefer to game alone. Playing in a group (either against, or as part of a team) actually causes me quite a bit of anxiety, for reasons I'm yet to fully understand. Two of my most favourite games of recent times, Far Cry 4 and Dying Light have these trophies. The Far Cry 4 "Changing Lanes" trophy, while only taking about two minutes to get, required me to ask for a PSN friend to spare some of his time to help me out. Anxiety strikes. I feel like I'm bothering people. Dying Light, the 4 co-op trophies, gave me hardship too. I did eventually get these trophies after a group from here were good enough to allow me into their lobby. I never feel like I am good enough to be in a group going for multiple trophies like we were that evening, and again, I feel as though I'm bothering, or holding up progress in a group. What I would like, is for the platinum to be not dependant on multiplayer. If developers must shoe horn multiplayer into a game, let them do it as part of DLC, and leave the base game to gamers like myself. Again, this wasn't meant to sound unsociable. I am very grateful to the guys who helped out with the multiplayer/online trophies I do have, I just would rather they weren't a requirement for the platinum.

• Like 2

Difficulty specific trophies. I always enjoyed a game when I could go through it with ease, so I really hate it when they throw you a "Beat the game on hardest difficulty." as I'm not used to dying a lot and getting frustrated. So that can be a deal breaker for me.

Difficulty specific trophies. I always enjoyed a game when I could go through it with ease, so I really hate it when they throw you a "Beat the game on hardest difficulty." as I'm not used to dying a lot and getting frustrated. So that can be a deal breaker for me.

This would be my second weakness. I'm quite laid back with my games and like to enjoy the experience without dying too many times. Hard/Crushing/Veteran modes are not for me either. That said, I am completely rubbish anyway. ;) With the exception of Expert mode on Infamous Second Son. That was ridiculously easy.

My weakness would be multiplayer/co-op type trophies. Not to sound unsociable (this will definitely sound unsociable), but I much prefer to game alone. Playing in a group (either against, or as part of a team) actually causes me quite a bit of anxiety, for reasons I'm yet to fully understand. Two of my most favourite games of recent times, Far Cry 4 and Dying Light have these trophies. The Far Cry 4 "Changing Lanes" trophy, while only taking about two minutes to get, required me to ask for a PSN friend to spare some of his time to help me out. Anxiety strikes. I feel like I'm bothering people. Dying Light, the 4 co-op trophies, gave me hardship too. I did eventually get these trophies after a group from here were good enough to allow me into their lobby. I never feel like I am good enough to be in a group going for multiple trophies like we were that evening, and again, I feel as though I'm bothering, or holding up progress in a group. What I would like, is for the platinum to be not dependant on multiplayer. If developers must shoe horn multiplayer into a game, let them do it as part of DLC, and leave the base game to gamers like myself. Again, this wasn't meant to sound unsociable. I am very grateful to the guys who helped out with the multiplayer/online trophies I do have, I just would rather they weren't a requirement for the platinum.

I must say, same here. I usually say I don't have a microphone (even though I do :D) when I play in a party, just because I have anxiety to talk to people I don't know. So I'm totally in the same boat. I remember when I used to play Call of Duty 2, I loved to play Search & Destroy, but it came with a price when you're the last one alive and all your team mates are watching you. I usually crumbled from being so anxious of them watching my every move.

Social anxiety is pretty normal, so no worries, if you ever need help with multiplayer/co-op trophies, we can co-op in silence together :D

This would be my second weakness. I'm quite laid back with my games and like to enjoy the experience without dying too many times. Hard/Crushing/Veteran modes are not for me either. That said, I am completely rubbish anyway. ;) With the exception of Expert mode on Infamous Second Son. That was ridiculously easy.

I'm playing God of War Ascension on hard right now, and people say it's easy, and I'm actually dying more than I died in Dark Souls. I hate it  :angry:

Speed Runs.

- End x game in under 2 hours, or;

- End x game without saving, without taking damage and saving all the hostages, or;

- End x game without killing anyone, and avoid being spotted, equiped only with shitty weapons and under 5 hours nonstop.

Its not that i am bad at games, but i just hate this kind of trophies.

• Like 1

Trying to Plat a game twice... For example: I platted Borderlands 2 On my ps3, then once i saw the Handsome collection come out nostalgia kicked in and i immediately bought it. Now that i'm playing it again on the ps4, trying to get the harder of the trophies is not as fun as the first time... And i'm definitely feeling it again with Minecraft 0_o 

I must say, same here. I usually say I don't have a microphone (even though I do :D) when I play in a party, just because I have anxiety to talk to people I don't know. So I'm totally in the same boat. I remember when I used to play Call of Duty 2, I loved to play Search & Destroy, but it came with a price when you're the last one alive and all your team mates are watching you. I usually crumbled from being so anxious of them watching my every move.

Social anxiety is pretty normal, so no worries, if you ever need help with multiplayer/co-op trophies, we can co-op in silence together :D

I'm playing God of War Ascension on hard right now, and people say it's easy, and I'm actually dying more than I died in Dark Souls. I hate it  :angry:

Cheers buddy. I have often done that too. I'll only barely speak if absolutely necessary (Or even to thank the other player(s) if needs be), and more often than not, I don't even use a microphone. The self consciousness is really difficult to overcome sometimes. I used to race with a bunch of guys on Forza some time ago, but I was rubbish at it, and that made me more anxious and it snowballed from there! I get by fine though.

Thanks a lot buddy. Same goes for yourself. If you need any help with anything, drop me a line.

Oh, and here's a tip. Not sure if you've played it yet, but there's a trophy for dying 100 times by the Alien, in Alien Isolation. That trophy suits us down to the ground. ;-)

• Like 1

My weakness, like most players, are online trophies. Take a look at SoulCalibur V's online heavy trophies. Play 100 online matches, win 50 matches, win as Ezio 10 times, etc.

I'm currently strugguling as there arent many players online and it can be severly laggy at times.

Unless the multiplayer is bad or the trophy for multiplayer is weird then I dont mind online trophies but what I really hate timed trophies that say beat the game in one sitting or ones that say beat the game without getting hit or you cant die said number of times but I personally like grinding trophies and long trophies that dont require time limits

• Like 1

Online luck based trophies, like the in Killzone Mercenary. Where you have to get tranquilized & recover, Was so lucky to get it legit! Also glitched trophies, & trophies where you have to spend an unrealistic time playing. Online grind trophies dont bother me if I like the online part of the game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Primary weakness are online trophies from older games that require tons of wins, especially since you're playing against top 5 year experts

Split/Second was a tough/fun online goal though

Another primary weakness I have is patience, I tend to move too quickly in games wasting four minutes of time and I anticipate too early, besides that I'm pretty good