Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

When games have multiplayer trophies but no online multiplayer. I mean ones that aren't simply earned by having extra controllers, I'm referencing trophies where you need genuinely competent players in local multiplayer (not LAN) in order to earn them. Good example is Chime Super Deluxe, I have no idea how I'm going to earn those trophies without inviting my friends here who live across the country.

• Knowing everything that I have to do in order to achieve platinum or 100% I tend to over think the game and avoid it because my mind is telling me it's too hard to finish, whereas it's just a thing called patience.

Buying games.

Playing games I don't enjoy for platinum because my mind says so.

DLC.

Dead Servers.

Unobtainable Trophies.

Extreme long grinding.

Unobtainable trophies.

Trophy types I hate:

• Really annoying grind trophies, a little grind is ok but what I truly hate is something like Bleach or Tales of Xillia 2
  • Luck based trophies (One Piece Pirate Warriors 1; A nightmare like this shall never return)
  • Online trophies for games which shouldn't get a multiplayer in the first place --> going to become boost trophies in the future because nobody plays the mp/servers get shut down rather quick
  • Difficulty specific trophies in genres where they're really annoying (RPGs for example; I want to explore everything and do everything and I don't want to be disturbed by some annoying difficulty)

If a game has trophies like this I'm not sure if I'll go for the platinum. Sometimes I even tend to drop them before finishing the story once, because it would be a waste of time(No platinum why bother ? Could do a different game and get the platinum).

Also one of my biggest weaknesses are fighting games. I really suck when it comes to this genre. Games like Batman won't be finished by me.

Edited by www-21-

Not exacly the online trophies, but the people who either can't do anything without you instructing them, or others who don't lend some minutes to help you out if you get behind them.

I've had to deal with this in almost every boost.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I dislike online trophies but I think ones that reward you for reaching the highest level are fine for as long as server population makes matches plausible- it signifies your dedication. However, when it becomes necessary to boost is when I have grievances- getting all those skill kills in Crysis 2 is something I despair of ever doing, or AEotM on AC: Brotherhood.

I also tend to drift when playing games the last while- I've built up such a huge backlog that I'm often defeated by just the thoughts of it and just stop playing for a few days. Then when I come back to some games and plat them in like two or three days I kick myself for not sticking with it, lament how much progress I wasted, then repeat the process ad nauseum.

Extremely glitchy or uberhard trophies. That's the first thing I check before getting a game.

I can take the grind, heck I've done so in games I thought I never would get plat (Resistance 2, GTA IV). I can even take online trophies in moderation as long as it doesn't require more than 4 people to work together. :)

Like most people, it's the online trophies that I hate. I also hate having to talk to people through a mic...just makes me uncomfortable. So I never use one.

Other than that, my biggest weakness is constantly jumping from game to game. I've nearly got plats for 4-5 games, and I just keep picking something new up!

Online Trophies. My main problems with them are:

- The servers get shut down for them eternally (makes the trophies literally impossible to get.)

- Having a trophy that requires you to get to max rank.

- If there's a small community of people playing the game. Kind of ties in with my second problem.

Multiple paythrough Trophies

The Resident Evil Remake HD is annoying because you have to play the game 8 times over. You could do it in 4 or 5 I heard, but that's REALLY hard. My problem with it mainly stems from having to spend hours playing it again, all for the trophy. It kills my motivation.

My main weakness would be online trophies.

There are several reasons...

1) Servers get shut down.

2) Not a whole lot of players online.

3) Tend to have problems connecting to other people for some reason.

4) They are usually a grind, and have absolutely no story to speak of...

Missable trophies are a bit of a pain in the *** because you have to be aware of them (unless you really enjoy playing through games twice), and it decreases the enjoyment I get from games.

Speed Runs.

- End x game in under 2 hours, or;

- End x game without saving, without taking damage and saving all the hostages, or;

- End x game without killing anyone, and avoid being spotted, equiped only with shitty weapons and under 5 hours nonstop.

Its not that i am bad at games, but i just hate this kind of trophies.

Hmmm - I wonder what game you're thinking of in each of these instances? :lol:

Collectibles. Some of them I don't mind, like if it adds more to the story or whatever. But "Flying Rats" in Grand Theft Auto IV. What hell man?! I know you can use a guide to find all the stuff but I prefer trying to find everything on my own first. And the games that have just a ridiculous amount of collectibles annoy me the most. Online trophies can be annoying but I also enjoy playing online with other people so as long as it's not something ridiculous then I don't mind. An example of a ridiculous online trophy is Medal of Honor: Warfighter's "Jack of All Guns" Why the hell do I need to earn the marksman pin for every single gun?! Anyone that plays online knows that you grow to love a particular gun/gun type. Forcing someone to use every single gun is just like a massive middle finger to the player.

1. I tend to get anxious with games that have timers and/or speedruns. Any time there's huge red numbers on the screen and an annoying beep beep beep beep while it counts down, I almost always fail at whatever the task is. It usually ends in me pointing at the tv and telling the game off and declaring it the hardest thing ever created ever (and this is normally after only 2-3 attempts). Then I always beat it in the next couple of tries.

2. Anything that requires you to "beat the whole level/game without dying", "beat the whole game without killing/being detected", or "beat the boss without being hit" aka. perfection trophies. If there isn't some forum post somewhere that says "just xmb quit and load", I tend to stay away from those games and play something else so I won't lose my mind. This is changing though, as I no longer care about completing games. Deus Ex, Splinter Cell and Max Payne 3, here I come!