Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

One of the obvious answers: online trophies. Especially if a game's servers are about to shut down or have shut down.

Another one would be if the challenge is there, like in the harder fighting game plats (P4A, Street Fighter IV, etc). And then there would be timer based stuff.. but as long as it isn't too bad I can manage.

I also want to add that trophies that require Co-op or getting max level in Multiplayer, chances are that unless you have friends you know you can trust, you'll likely meet a bunch of morons whose only intent is to make your experience as miserable as possible. I encountered this problem in Red Dead Redemption. One trophy involves being Public Enemy, another requires you to go from one side of the map to the other in Free Roam. I obtained multiplayer trophies only because I enjoyed RDR multiplayer so much, but with servers being a bit empty, and those people who just want to glitch or cheat at the game, I have no intent in getting the other trophies.

Sometimes I was shot from impossible distances, other times players had the invulnerability glitch, making it frustrating to win a public match or just spend some time in Free Roam.

One reason why I love the God of War games is that most of the trophies from the series are easy to get, and it's essentially a single player series (with the exception of Ascension, which I've never played).

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you could call it a weakness that i'm not willing to let my blood veins pop up because of trophies anymore. I do not care enough to waste an hour beating last level on wolfenstein on uber just to get the platinum. 

I'm not willing to let trophies ruing gaming for me anymore.

Like many people, online trophies are really bothering me. I normally buy games when they are in bargain bin, so there might not be a lot of people still play online or the server will be down very soon. Also, the online trophy requires friend list is annoying, Like play a game with friend from your friend list or having 5 friends in your friend list who play the game. I  know you can boost those easily, but it is just stupid for me.

Edited by GTA_Darren

Mine? Online trophies. They're 97% of the time the grindiest trophies in the game. The community is always crap with a bullshit salad. I almost only have internet on the weekend AND you gotta love bad servers! That's why I'll more then likely never plat a LittleBigPlanet game (I'd love to though).

Totally agree! If only there was a way to grind in a fun way... :S

Let's see, I go for any trophies BUT if they have...

DLC Trophies (Really? I'll still play for platinum but not for 100% complete, unless the game came with the DLC bundle)

Unobtainable trophies (Using their website and it is down or servers)

Online fighting matches (Mostly because I am bad Fighting games)

Multiplayer lobbies that are hacked

I guess that's about it.

I hate Traced, RPG trophies ( I never finish the game ) I never faced this, but one, Shut Down Servers, Online Trophies ( PS4 b/c it's so shitty to find exploits just to get free PS+. DLC Trophies mixed with Core Game ( CoD Waw ) PS+ Game trophies, Kill 100000 enemies in campaign, kill __ with precision shots in 3 seconds or get 20 one hits w/o getting touched( Strider -_-) And PS Vita trophies currently ( My Vita got stolen, this is why you don---- shut up GENERAL!!!!

It's not that bad, I did Demolition Man legit along with Et tu, Brute 

Wait what? How can you do Et tu, Brute trophy legit? This is one of the weirdest trophy I've ever done and I have over 8000+. Knifing somebody from your friendlist 5 times when the game forces you to play with your friend...wth? I remember doing it with a friend trying to join games at the same time hoping to be on different teams. The whole purpose of this trophy is to boost something in a game which is boost unfriendly.

Anyway, back on topic and without any surprise:

• O-N-L-I-N-E T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S

Especially, super long online trophies in bad games with servers that are gonna close really fast or that are gonna drop dead 2 days after release. Why put online trophies, just why????? I wouldn't hate them as much as I do if it wasn't for the servers closures and online passes making it x10 worse. :angry:

Edited by dav1d_123

Wait what? How can you do Et tu, Brute trophy legit? This is one of the weirdest trophy I've ever done and I have over 8000+. Knifing somebody from your friendlist 5 times when the game forces you to play with your friend...wth? I remember doing it with a friend trying to join games at the same time hoping to be on different teams. The whole purpose of this trophy is to boost something in a game which is boost unfriendly.

Anyway, back on topic and without any surprise:

• O-N-L-I-N-E T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S

Especially, super long online trophies in bad games with servers that are gonna close really fast or that are gonna drop dead 2 days after release. Why put online trophies, just why????? I wouldn't hate them as much as I do if it wasn't for the servers closures and online passes making it x10 worse. :angry:

I added randoms from the other team

I hate speedruns on general except The Sonic ones Maybe. I like to appreciate The game qt my own pace and not rush when I Feel like it will blow my enjoyment like I stealth games.

Online trophies like 1000 mathes in DOA 5 or 10k kills on Killzone makes me hate The online portion of The game to Death .

Online/MP trophies... just not really into playing games with other people.

I don't mind grinding so long as the game is fun, and I used to hate difficulty trophies because I just never bothered playing harder modes in games. Trophy hunting gave me the push to try them and now I'm really into the challenge.

• Like 1