Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Collectibles where there is no logical, mapped way of telling what's left

Online where you have to reach level cap (Reason I won't 100% Blacklight Retribution)

Repetitive, boring grinds (Some grinds are fun, in my opinion)

DEAD/SCARCELY INHABITED SERVERS (Looking at you, Worms...)

• Like 1

Collectibles for me.

If there's something in the game that reveals the collectibles or tracks them to tell me what I'm missing, then I'm fine with them. Ones that I have to use a guide / map or get extremely lucky for just aren't something I'm interested in.

It's a shame too. I loved GTAV and would love to have the plat on my list but it's just not gonna happen.

I do have a few plats with collectibles like that (Uncharted, Xmen Origins Wolverine, etc....) But I just don't have the patience anymore.

3 things for me

First and foremost, glitched or otherwise unobtainable trophies due to server shut downs, or servers just sucking (Little Big Planet Karting, doesn't look like I'll be getting online champ :()

Secondly, and this ties into the first, online trophies. I hate them. Don't get me wrong, I love multiplayer, just looming server closure and the fact of how much of a grind they can be is a turn off, this also includes the COD Easter eggs and other ones that require me to find other people to do them with, I'm more of a lone wolf because of how hectic my schedule is.

Finally, collectibles. I purchased an iPad which helps, but I can't stand playing through a game solely for the collectibles trophies. In my opinion, it takes away from the gameplay.

Online trophies, however it's still a bit debatable to me. Some online trophies are fine, like trying out all the activities or playing it for a certain amount of time. I don't mind them at all, and is does give you an opportunity to explore the online content to games as long as the trophy criteria is within reason.

However, any online trophies that judge the online gaming ability of the people trying to get the trophy are my biggest weakness. Unless the online is really enticing, it's unlikely that I'd want to sit around for hours on end trying to improve my skill online just to get a trophy, and so the platinum goes with it.

"While jumping off a building, no scope kill an enemy with a sniper rifle, while he is reloading, in a full 16 player game, with all your allies dead, before hitting the ground"...

...100 times.

Also, a game that wants you to collect something or do something a certain number of times but the game provides no way of keeping track of those stats.

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid
  • Like 1

Online. Can be very tedious and involves grinding.

Skills involving speedrun, time trials, combo challenges, S rankings, hardcore game modes (mission mode), high difficulty specific mode,  one life game etc. Need strong determination, dedication and sometimes I might never get them.

Edited by fantrig99

• 3 months later...

1. Time (School, work, holiday, etc.)

Online Trophies (Only if they're Grindy) 

Unobtainable Trophies (e.g PlayStation Home, FIFA 14, PES 2013, etc.)

Lack of Games (Sometimes I go broke)

Glitched Trophies

Non-Patched Games/Trophies

Unboostable Trophies

100% Game Trophy Completion (I'm not a Completionist)

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 4